ADVERTISEMENT

Heck of a game, Cats

Feb 27, 2012
I watched you guys live at the Champions Classic and there was a ton of quit in that team. I thought we would get you guys again, for sure, but Cal has them playing team basketball again in January. If you guys get Herro consistent, you'll be a terror in March (if you don't run into a 7 footer that shuts Travis down). I'm glad the refs kept it pretty much on the court, too.

This is really the best damn OOC game that continues every year, and I'm glad we keep it that way because there is always a revenge game coming to the loser in a year. See you guys again next year in Lawrence.

Thanks, but I disagree with your first comment. I don’t think our guys quit against Duke. We just got smoked, and Cal hadn’t gotten to coach them much yet. We are a different team now — especially on the defensive end.
I mean I was watching them during timeouts and on the bench and I don't think a couple of them wanted back in the game when it was really bad. Some of those same kids are (sometimes inconsistent) killers now

I'd like to add that I agree that Cal hadn't had time with them yet ,but I doubt any of those kids had their @$$es kicked on the court since they were in middle school...Cal made sure to make it a coachable moment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT