ADVERTISEMENT

Have any of you ever seen real wildcat in person?

One walked up behind me as I was deer hunting in Turkey Neck Bend. Hear a noise in the leaves, turned my head and he was within 8 feet of me, he froze and I froze, not sure which one of us was more scared, but when I clicked the safety off on my 243, he hauled ass. Beautiful animal.

The first time I ever went into the woods when I moved to Kentucky at 10-11 years old I saw one.

Never saw one, but the first time I ever heard one was in Virginia. Sounded like a possed off little girl in the middle of the woods at night. First time I ever called 911. Deputies were like, "we get this all the time" lol.

Had a half grown one cross right in front of me cycling in Jackson County last summer. He had two Jack Russel’s trailing him by about 50’. I rode on to my turn around and got back to the same area about 5 minutes later. The two dogs were high tailing back to the house on the side of the rode. They must have not liked what they found when they caught up with the Bobcat. Lol

Reactions: Smashcat
Had a 2 separate visual sightings from my truck as they ran across the road. One in Meade county, and one in Bullitt county off of 44. Both in the middle of the day. The one in Bullitt county was hunting a wild turkey by the road. Then of course, I have seen lots of tracks as well, and heard one making some crazy sound near me in the woods. Couldn't figure out if it was mating, or pissed because it had young ones and I was too close. With all the increase in prey animal populations like Turkey, I imagine that's why we are seeing a huge increase in Coyotes, and possibly Wildcats. Beautiful animals.

All those rocks there ... throw one.

As for Wildcat sightings ...... Ron Mercer, Antoine Walker in my cigar lounge. LOL

Used to run into Sam Bowie all the time at the allergist.

Several unpleasant exchanges with Dirk in his younger days, on and off the court. He was a helluva player though. Most of the world never saw the best version of that player.

One walked up behind me as I was deer hunting in Turkey Neck Bend. Hear a noise in the leaves, turned my head and he was within 8 feet of me, he froze and I froze, not sure which one of us was more scared, but when I clicked the safety off on my 243, he hauled ass. Beautiful animal.
Had similar experience. Came around a curve in a hiking trail and there was one about 10 ft away. Like you encounter, both of us froze for a couple of seconds and then he wander off the trail into the bush. I turned around and went back down the trail.

Yes. Playing basketball and out of the woods shoots a squirrel running for its life with a bobcat right on its tail. The squirrel ran up a small tree, doubled back on a branch 5 feet off the ground, jumped back down and sprinted back for the forest, the bobcat with it step for step. We all said, “did that really just happen?”
And then I drained a three from the top of the key.

I've met Kenny Walker, Anthony Epps, Derek Anderson, and Winston Bennett, They were cool dudes. I also met Travis Ford but I was not so impressed with him. I've met others but those were the ones who stood out.

I've met Kenny Walker, Dan Issel, Patrick Patterson, Dontai Allen, Richard Madison, Cedric Jenkins, Tony Delk, Jeff Sheppard, Josh Harrelson, Julius Randle, KAT, Nerlens Noel and good ole Rex Chapman.
I've also killed a real wildcat by both gun and truck. They are a beautiful animal.

Yes I have encountered wildcats while squirrel hunting a couple of times. Some people call them bobcats.
Big Foot -- I'm glad you are equating a "wildcat" and a "bobcat" as the same thing ... because that means I see a "wildcat" within 10 feet of my house here in Arizona about twice a month. We live right next to pretty big wash that comes down out of the mountains and into the foothills where we live. They use the wash as a highway up and down the mountain. But at our house they walk outside the wash and, like I say, often with 10 feet of our house. In the face they look just like the "wildcat" in the U.K. logo.

But, with that said ... I just learned on Wikipedia that a "bobcat" and a "wildcat" are not the same. In the scientific terms of animal classifications, "wildcats" are of the same Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Suborder, Family, and Subfamily as "bobcats." BUT ... "wildcats" are in the Genus "Felis", and "bobcats" are in the Genus "Lynx." Wikipedia says there are two "species" of "wildcat" - a European Wildcat and an African Wildcat. According to Wikipedia, it's the "bobcat" and not the "wildcat" that is native to North America ... so it's a "bobcat" that I see near my house in Arizona and it's almost certainly a "bobcat" that you're seeing out in the woods while hunting.

I was a little disappointed to read what Wikipedia said about it, but ...

Nevertheless ... Go 'Cats ! ! !

No shit! Hearing one of those thing squall behind you when you don’t know it’s there just about make your hair fall out.

And that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

This drives me crazy. I've heard them, but for all the time I've spent in the woods hunting, camping, and hiking, I have never seen one. I've seen every other bird and critter this state has to offer, but never a bobcat.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I've met Bogans, Prince, Camarra, Daniels, Fitch, played 1 on 1 against Miller, but I met Jodie Meeks and he was a complete asshole. To everyone

Also recently spotted on Lake Cumberland:

208348490-5950260764991891-9195235841868390273-n.jpg

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT