ADVERTISEMENT

Best spots in Nashville for SEC tourney

CalipariCapo

Sophomore
Feb 25, 2018
Wildcat brethren, I am planning on heading down to Nashville on Saturday to watch the game after we kick some Aggie azz Friday night! What are some of the best spots to go that are going to be filled with fellow UK fans to cheer on the Cats with??

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wildcat brethren, I am planning on heading down to Nashville on Saturday to watch the game after we kick some Aggie azz Friday night! What are some of the best spots to go that are going to be filled with fellow UK fans to cheer on the Cats with??
Every place on Broadway will be filled with UK fans.

Are you staying? If so, where?

We always stay downtown so no driving. Staying at The Tommy this year. We have not stayed there before.

Just walk up and down Broadway and go in wherever you feel like.

The SEC tourney is nothing if not a UK homecoming.

It’s all blue, everywhere!🏀

They usually say there’s about 100K UK fans in town. Bridgestone only seats about 20K for basketball

Most UK fans don’t go to the games. They are there for homecoming.

It’s a wonderful sight when the big blue mist rolls in.

The C A T S cheer everywhere you turn.

Lol I wish but I’m balling on a budget. If you have any good tips for getting tickets for the low, I’m all ears! I’ll cheer louder than anyone in there!
Scalping is legal in Nashville. They do need to be licensed. They will have a lanyard if they are licensed.

People that don’t go always say you can buy tickets from the losing team’s fans.

Except they aren’t there.

I’ve bought tickets many times on Broadway and never had an issue.

Start at Acme Feed and Seed by the river. Try to drink a beer at every bar from there to Bridgestone Arena.
Tickets will be at a premium this year with the latest success. I can’t see a ticket going for lower than $150.00. Have fun and good luck!
Side note: It is way better watching in the bars if you are a beer drinker. You can’t drink in the arena at the game….only in the concourse area.

Every place on Broadway will be filled with UK fans.

Are you staying? If so, where?

We always stay downtown so no driving. Staying at The Tommy this year. We have not stayed there before.

Just walk up and down Broadway and go in wherever you feel like.

The SEC tourney is nothing if not a UK homecoming.

It’s all blue, everywhere!🏀

They usually say there’s about 100K UK fans in town. Bridgestone only seats about 20K for basketball

Most UK fans don’t go to the games. They are there for homecoming.

It’s a wonderful sight when the big blue mist rolls in.

The C A T S cheer everywhere you turn.
I live in Bowling Green so it’s only about a 45 minute drive down. The fiancé and I just want to be around a bunch of UK fans where the vibes are vibing and the drinks are flowing. I would definitely love to go to the game, but I honestly think it would be just as good a time to go to the bars and watch it with the loud and proud BBN

Start at Acme Feed and Seed by the river. Try to drink a beer at every bar from there to Bridgestone Arena.
Tickets will be at a premium this year with the latest success. I can’t see a ticket going for lower than $150.00. Have fun and good luck!
Side note: It is way better watching in the bars if you are a beer drinker. You can’t drink in the arena at the game….only in the concourse area.
They have the club level where you can get a beer. And they have the “private club” on the first level where you can get a beer.

By “private” I mean anyone drinking age can go in.

I haven’t bought me tickets yet this year. Looking around the prices are the same as always.

I was offered lower level books for $1000 each. I passed on that.

I might just buy on the street this year?

Without a doubt I can buy 2 lower level for Friday night for $500 or so.

Vivid seats. Usually where I get my tickets.
Thanks. I didn’t look there.

I’m thinking I might buy Friday night tickets before we go. Then buy each day as we go.

We have bought club level before. They are good seats.

And you can enjoy a beer in your seat.

Reactions: UKFAN4L
Thanks. I didn’t look there.

I’m thinking I might buy Friday night tickets before we go. Then buy each day as we go.

We have bought club level before. They are good seats.

And you can enjoy a beer in your seat.
Yeah. Sat in club sections for several SEC tournaments. The tickets are expensive but I can’t take that money to the grave so might as well spend some. 🤣

After fees, everything on Vivid, Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc are all 200+ for the 300 level. I don’t wanna pay that much for a quarterfinal game. Any guess on a 300 level seat from a scalper?

If the weather is nice, then the rooftop settings are great for a big game. Fri night might be chilly, but Sat & Sun afternoons could be great. (Hope we play Sat & Sun!) There’s a couple rooftops across from the arena and down broadway.

If you want to get away from broadway then Tin Roof up next to Vandy is a good spot. It’s also very crowded, so get there early. (I think there are 2 Tin Roof Bars.) One is close to arena and the older one is closer to Vandy.

Assembly Hall food court is close to Broadway. It has multiple levels, lots of different food, and lots of televisions! Hope that helps.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
Tin roof next to the arena is where most the UK fans hang out. Its 3 levels and always packed with blue. Its also tin roof so if that isnt your vibe i get that. Also you have to try 5 points pizza while youre down there its top tier.

Last edited:
Yeah buddy! Cheer our Cats to the title! I haven’t been to Nashville so not sure but there are plenty on here who know.

After fees, everything on Vivid, Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc are all 200+ for the 300 level. I don’t wanna pay that much for a quarterfinal game. Any guess on a 300 level seat from a scalper?
Tickets on the streets are less than on line. Sometimes by a lot. I went ahead and bought 2 club level for Friday night because we are not sure we can there on Thursday now. I'll buy sat and sun tickets on the street unless someone just offered me a deal too good to pass up after we get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKFAN4L
Agreed. The Freedom Hall games were always fun.
Last one I saw there Derek Anderson killed Indiana...it was great. We got turned around a bit leaving the arena and passed an outdoor court that had a bunch of black kids running 4 on 4. Our drunk asses stopped and called winners...got thumped as we sobered up a bit, then hit the road.

Reactions: irishcat1965
The Fox Monk year I got a single ticket to the championship game against Arkansas six rows off the court for $100 off the street
Single tickets are cheap. They are hard to get rid of.

A friend got a lower level ticket 30 minutes before the game last year for $50.

Of the group that goes with us one of the wives doesn’t want to go to the games. So her husband goes solo.

He will hang around Broadway until right at game time and buy a single ticket lower level.

Never pays over $100.

When you want more than 1 ticket and want them together is when prices go up.

Really high when you want 4 together.

Reactions: gbl97
Pins yes on occasion, it’s fun but usually crowded so there’s a wait on bowling and most yard games. Assembly I never go to unless getting some food before a concert or Preds game
I really like pins. I wouldn’t mind just grabbing a drink and going up on the top level to watch the game. Just didn’t know if there would be more UK fans there doing the same. Definitely want to be around the BBN and getting hype. I’ve never been to Assembly. I’ve heard it’s a cool place but idk if it’s the vibe for a game.

I really like pins. I wouldn’t mind just grabbing a drink and going up on the top level to watch the game. Just didn’t know if there would be more UK fans there doing the same. Definitely want to be around the BBN and getting hype. I’ve never been to Assembly. I’ve heard it’s a cool place but idk if it’s the vibe for a game.
It’s more of a food court/shopping area but i think there’s a smallish concert hall up there too that they’ll be showing the games at. Never been in that part though

At least on Saturday I plan to be at Yee Haw brewery/ole Smokey distillery downtown on the other side of the music city center. They have multiple projector TV’s and a big outdoor area to hangout at. Plus St. Pats stuff going on

Note: I've never followed this advice.

I have a friend who swears that if you want tickets to events like this, the closer you get to game time, the cheaper scalper tickets become. You might miss the tip off but you'll get in for close to face value. Or lower. He said that holds for all, non-regular season games and that he had always found cheap tickets to games simply by waiting out the scalpers. Regular season games, for some reason, don't follow that. Apparently few season ticket holders scalp their tickets.

In this era of counterfeit tickets, though, let the buyer beware.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT