ADVERTISEMENT

Best spots in Nashville for SEC tourney

The issue I had last year as opposed to 2015-2017 was that Broadway has changed big-time in that timeframe. These megabars are all catering to the typical Nashville crowd, rather than the UK/SEC fans.

My friends and I struggled to find a bar to put the sound of the game on and it's hard to enjoy otherwise. Luckily, we are playing earlier in the night this year so maybe that won't be an issue.

It’s more of a food court/shopping area but i think there’s a smallish concert hall up there too that they’ll be showing the games at. Never been in that part though

At least on Saturday I plan to be at Yee Haw brewery/ole Smokey distillery downtown on the other side of the music city center. They have multiple projector TV’s and a big outdoor area to hangout at. Plus St. Pats stuff going on
I like the Yee Haw place. We had never been there until in Nashville for a different event a few weeks ago.

Probably go back there this weekend. We didn’t eat there. Just grabbed beers. Is the food good?

The issue I had last year as opposed to 2015-2017 was that Broadway has changed big-time in that timeframe. These megabars are all catering to the typical Nashville crowd, rather than the UK/SEC fans.

My friends and I struggled to find a bar to put the sound of the game on and it's hard to enjoy otherwise. Luckily, we are playing earlier in the night this year so maybe that won't be an issue.
Corner Pub is a good spot to watch the game. Not on Broadway but it's on 5th Ave, maybe 2 blocks up from Bridgestone and on the other side of the Ryman. The owners I'm pretty sure are UK grads so they always have the games with sound

Reactions: CalipariCapo
Corner Pub is a good spot to watch the game. Not on Broadway but it's on 5th Ave, maybe 2 blocks up from Bridgestone and on the other side of the Ryman. The owners I'm pretty sure are UK grads so they always have the games with sound
Yes. Corner Pub will always have the UK games on with sound.

Good place!

I like the Yee Haw place. We had never been there until in Nashville for a different event a few weeks ago.

Probably go back there this weekend. We didn’t eat there. Just grabbed beers. Is the food good?
Yep, there is a White Duck Taco Shop in there which is really good and a Daddy's Dogs. And I think Prince's Hot Chicken has a spot there too or at least they used to

Does Yee Haw put the sound on for games? Never been there, but we're getting too old for Tin Roof.

Note: I've never followed this advice.

I have a friend who swears that if you want tickets to events like this, the closer you get to game time, the cheaper scalper tickets become. You might miss the tip off but you'll get in for close to face value. Or lower. He said that holds for all, non-regular season games and that he had always found cheap tickets to games simply by waiting out the scalpers. Regular season games, for some reason, don't follow that. Apparently few season ticket holders scalp their tickets.

In this era of counterfeit tickets, though, let the buyer beware.

That absolutely can work and I did just this many times but not at the sec tournament and especially not when UK fans are excited. Under those conditions, it's literally like a feeding frenzy of fans descending on scalpers.

Or used to be anyway. With everything going electronic, I really haven't seen scalpers out like before.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

Good to know. We ended up at Whiskey River last year and they put the game on for us on their top floor, but we had 20-some people with us.

Note: I've never followed this advice.

I have a friend who swears that if you want tickets to events like this, the closer you get to game time, the cheaper scalper tickets become. You might miss the tip off but you'll get in for close to face value. Or lower. He said that holds for all, non-regular season games and that he had always found cheap tickets to games simply by waiting out the scalpers. Regular season games, for some reason, don't follow that. Apparently few season ticket holders scalp their tickets.

In this era of counterfeit tickets, though, let the buyer beware.
A friend of mine saw the Stones @ Rupp circa 1980 for $5 by doing this...another friend and I tried the same strategy in the mid-90's for a game against Miami of Ohio (the year they were good--marquee non-league matchup of the season; they had a couple of future pros) and got shut out. Ended up at Pure Gold, watching it w/ a couple of lovely ladies...

If you have kids go to FanFair. Always something going on to keep them occupied….i like buying a single ticket to Wednesday games and then, getting a book off of losing fans. Have done that for many years..

i like buying a single ticket to Wednesday games and then, getting a book off of losing fans. Have done that for many years..
I've always heard you should get tickets from losing fans. However, after Tennessee lost last year, I stood outside the exit with two fingers up and asking if anyone was selling tickets. I bet 3,000 Tennessee fans walked by and not one person had a ticket to sell. Maybe it was the UK shirt, but I was shocked.

I've always heard you should get tickets from losing fans. However, after Tennessee lost last year, I stood outside the exit with two fingers up and asking if anyone was selling tickets. I bet 3,000 Tennessee fans walked by and not one person had a ticket to sell. Maybe it was the UK shirt, but I was shocked.
They had probably bought 1 game tickets from UK fans.

If you want cheap tickets and don’t care who you watch then buy them after UK loses.

Can’t give them away then.

I went to the Blessing of the Kegs last week as part of the St Pats pre celebration

The priest’s blessing was as follows:

Beer is good
Beer makes you sleep
When you sleep you don’t sin
When you don’t sin you go to Heaven
So.. the moral is ..Drink Beer
It's the time between "Beer is good" and "Beer makes you sleep" that'll get you...

Reactions: Kybluedude
I can't imagine going to Nashville and dealing with all that to watch the games at a bar. Nashville has become an overcrowded circus anyway. Why not just go to your local sports bar and watch?

I can't imagine going to Nashville and dealing with all that to watch the games at a bar. Nashville has become an overcrowded circus anyway. Why not just go to your local sports bar and watch?

Guys trip. Also, I usually get tickets to the Saturday and Sunday games.

I agree. I wouldn't go to Nashville to watch in a bar. I would go to a local sports bar. I go to the UK games. Even when we have books I only go the UK games. I try to sell the other tickets but no one wants non UK tickets. Usually give them away or sell for $10.

But 1000's are there with no intention of going to the games. It is a madhouse. It's funny. Printer's Alley used to be what Broadway has become. Except less people.

For me, it’s the perfect opportunity to skip town with a “hall pass” from my wife. Besides blacking out, I love the SEC tourney for the people watching. I’ve been enough times now that I know plenty of places on the outskirts for good food and drinks with less wait times.

A friend of mine saw the Stones @ Rupp circa 1980 for $5 by doing this...another friend and I tried the same strategy in the mid-90's for a game against Miami of Ohio (the year they were good--marquee non-league matchup of the season; they had a couple of future pros) and got shut out. Ended up at Pure Gold, watching it w/ a couple of lovely ladies...
I used to get tickets for free doing this when UK came down to Knoxville to play UT.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Decided on going to Neighbors in Germantown. Great sports bar with good food and drink selection. Plenty of TV’s to watch the game. Right across from Nobles Kitchen and Beer Hall as well. Should be a good time. Hope to see some of you all down there! Go Cats!

Decided on going to Neighbors in Germantown. Great sports bar with good food and drink selection. Plenty of TV’s to watch the game. Right across from Nobles Kitchen and Beer Hall as well. Should be a good time. Hope to see some of you all down there! Go Cats!
My dad used to live in the condos that shared the parking lot with Neighbors. You want to talk about having the Nashville hookup for SEC tourney time.... That was awesome

We went to 6th and Peabody/YeeHaw Brewery for the second half.

The few Tn fans in there were just miserable.

One table of MissSt fans there. They couldn’t believe they won that easy.

Won’t have to listen to Rocky Top anymore this weekend 👍

🏀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT