ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to look ahead but a potential Final Four dilemma looms

Originally posted by TUL:
So, as an outsider, can I ask...

If you did make that game but HAD to lose (I know, you likely won't) would it be worse to lose to Louisville, or would it be worse to lose to Duke?
Louisville. I don't live in a city full of Duke fans.

Originally posted by TUL:
So, as an outsider, can I ask...

If you did make that game but HAD to lose (I know, you likely won't) would it be worse to lose to Louisville, or would it be worse to lose to Duke?
If we make that game and it's against either Duke or Louisville none of us will enjoy even a second of the entire game until the final buzzer sounds and we win. It will be, easily, the most miserable championship game experience that any of us have ever had.

But if I had to choose? I'd rather play Duke, because if it's Louisville and they win they will talk about it for the rest of their lives. Thankfully there is no way they are good enough to get to the championship game.
This post was edited on 3/24 1:07 PM by Seth C

This post was edited on 3/24 1:08 PM by Seth C

The hype for a UK-Duke championship game would be beyond imaginable. It would be the Game of the Century Part II. And, it would probably break all previous records for TV ratings.

Originally posted by jackcarlson:
The hype for a UK-Duke championship game would be beyond imaginable. It would be the Game of the Century Part II. And, it would probably break all previous records for TV ratings.
The media narrative would annoy the hell out of me. IT would be the "do it right kids" VS the "NBA stepping stone kids", the "one and dones" VS the "stay in schools", the "dirty cheating coach" VS the "beacon of hope", the team loaded with McDonald's All-Americans VS the undermanned and short bench of Duke.

from a competitive stand point I would want us to play duke, cause we would have basically beaten every one. however it is always a good day to knock those dirty birds down a peg or two,,,but thinking on that again loserville would find some of the lamest excuses as to how we paid the refs, terrible calls, missed a call in the first 2 seconds of the game, WCS drank unicorn blood before the game...you know how they are people

Easy one for me.

1) I hate Duke more!!! I know I'm probably in the minority on that. But most of you don't live & work minutes from Duke's campus like I do. I've met 1 UL fan in the past 20 years. They are a regional city school, with few fans more than 50 miles from their campus. Duke is one of the top 3 national powers (along w/ UK and UNC), UL at best in in that next tier.

2) UL would be almost a guaranteed win for us. I think we would beat Duke too, but it's not as a sure thing. If we played UL 100 times, we would win 90+ of them, but if we played Duke 100 times we would win 70 times.

The only reason for me to want Duke to beat UL, would be so we (UK) would be the ones to spank Duke.

Originally posted by jackcarlson:
This^^ and maybe the CATS could actually play an opponent that plays "X's and O's" instead of thug ball--which I am sick of!! But they do play "flop-ball." Is it TOO MUCH to ask for some REAL basketball.

Are we really talking about UL possibly making the final game around here?!?! I really hope none of their fans are actually reading this. Now that they have run out of mid majors to play, Ill be shocked if they win another game.

This post was edited on 3/24 3:22 PM by js40484

Re: Hate to look ahead but a potential Final Four dilemma looms[/URL]
.S&C. posted on 3/24/2015...

I don't even want to imagine the
officiating during a kentucky Duke title game in this era and time of
college basketball. The officials in this game are rogue, and will have
absolutely no fear of calling it one sided, because in the end they know
it would just be more job security. It's very dangerous to have coach K
at his end, playing for his fifth title, against the evil empire. Give
me louisville all day. There's no f'ing way that game is called fair. I
don't care how many louisville fans a UK fan has to deal with in
louisville. You're a UK fan, so handle your business. UK UL would be
called evenly. And we would kill them. It's an easy call.

Its nice to have a built-in excuse every time your team hits the floor. So I suppose you go along with the theory that Kentucky always gets the shaft. Seems to me that is hard to except since UK is undefeated.. Have the refs screwed up every game played this year.?

There couldn't be a better game to watch in the finals than Cards and Cats.

Won't matter who we root for. UL has ZERO shot against Duke if they play. Game would be a blowout.

Can UL beat MSU??? Don't think so. UL might not get 40 in that potential game.

Originally posted by no_neutrality:

Won't matter who we root for. UL has ZERO shot against Duke if they play. Game would be a blowout.

Can UL beat MSU??? Don't think so. UL might not get 40 in that potential game.
Ding.......We have a winner.

If Duke and UL match off in the Final Four, I'm rooting for a smallish sinkhole to open...just big enough to take the teams and coaches.

Utah could easily beat DUKE lol NC St is playing great depends what team shows up I want DUKE!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT