ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knight also had the least help of all of Cal's elite players.

Bullshit. Lamb & Jones were college studs, and Liggins was the LAST of the experienced/rugged players we desperately crave and will never see again.

Oh, and Harrelson was a legit and well above average college big by that point in the season. Darius Miller was pretty decent, iirc.

It was a great run, for certain. It just wasn't Knight dragging us there through some miraculous postseason as so many choose to remember - instead, a complete team effort.

Last edited:
Liggins was exactly the type of dude I expected to be a staple of every calipari team when he was hired. Dude was the quintessential Memphis-era cal player. Long, athletic, good with the ball, nightmare on defense. Rough as a cob. 3-4 year kid. We haven’t had a mf like that since he left though.

WKU/Louisville should be a really good one today before the big boy double header -- Topps have been really impressive early, that trio of McKnight, Hollingsworth, and Bassey is about as good as it gets. May sprinkle that ML.

I've never known less about a UofL basketball team in my life, and it's not even close. Pretty similar feeling watching IU yesterday as well. :( What a weird time.

That Trey Galloway is one awkward flat footed SOB - looks like Adam Morrison's less talented and less ugly little brother out there. He can play though.
you a IU fan?

Liggins was exactly the type of dude I expected to be a staple of every calipari team when he was hired. Dude was the quintessential Memphis-era cal player. Long, athletic, good with the ball, nightmare on defense. Rough as a cob. 3-4 year kid. We haven’t had a mf like that since he left though.
Can't brag about that player on draft night, so what doesn't help build the narrative has no place in this program anymore.

That team led by Knight basically flipped a switch when elimination time came. That season was an absolute shitshow almost losing every conference road game it felt like.

Still, what Knight brought to the table is exactly what this group, and most all groups of FR, need. He organized and directed them in a way that it made sense what we were doing, we just weren’t that damn good at doing it for some weird reason.

This team lacks that PG that sets us up and directs traffic. Then has the ability to know the opponent is on a run so then feed the post for higher percentage stuff, but instead we look like some playground legends all grouped together going 1 on 5.

What’s worse is that 1st half was some solid basketball, but it wasn’t great by any means, and I’m still shocked we lost even though I watched us fall completely apart.

Bullshit. Lamb & Jones were college studs, and Liggins was the LAST of the experienced/rugged players we desperately crave and will never see again.

Oh, and Harrelson was a legit and well above average college big by that point in the season. Darius Miller was pretty decent, iirc.

It was a great run, for certain. It just wasn't Knight dragging us there through some miraculous postseason as so many choose to remember - instead, a complete team effort.
Bullshit. The supporting cast was good but we only went 6 deep so we were limited.

And you only posted his shooting numbers in the tourney. Let's look deeper.

Princeton: Yes, he only had 2 pts but that bucket won us the game avoiding the 1st round upset. He also had 5 assists.

WVU: 30 pts, 4 assists, 3 rebounds in a game where we were down 11 at the half, avenging the loss from the prior season.

OSU: 9 pts but once again hit the game winner against arguably the best team in the country. He also had 4 assists and 3 rebounds.

UNC: 22 pts, 4 assists and 7 rebounds against a 2 seed. So as a 4 seed, he helped take out the 1 and 2 seeds in 2 days. Has UK ever done that before in team history prior to the FF?

UConn: shooting wasn't great but he had 17 pts, 5 assists and 8 rebounds. And your stud Jones was the one missing free throws down the stretch costing us the victory.

Knight was a stud. And he was the MAIN reason we made the FF.

WORSHIP.

What a a great college guard.

For all we know he probably just rolled out of bed with some hussy, hit the blunt or threw foot powder on Rich2Skype’s face and would walk out onto the court and the bigger the game, the bigger the stage.. The better he played.
images

Oh, ok. Alowed to appreciate:

1. One of the biggest dicks in UK history that I have no recollection of playing.
2. (I don't really mean this Deron) The guy that stood and watched Laetner shot a wide open shot.
3. Guy who literally never won anything.
4. Valid.

I love Lamb as much as the next guy but in the 2011 tourney his pts are as follows:
Princeton-7
WVU-6
OSU-6
UNC-8
UConn-13

That's not exactly setting the world on fire.

I guess I talk to different people about this team because I don’t recall any Brandon and The Miracles talk. That said, the guy hit two game winners in the tournament and was awesome against Carolina in the E8 in leading us to our first F4 in 13 years. That will get you some fans.

Sophomore DLamb might be the best player on our current squad.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Speaking of ...

Knight, Herro, whatever...I prefer my former player angst to go towards a Junior AA leader who tossed up a 1 for 4, 2 point and 5 board performance in a game that took our fanbase's collective basketball soul, never fully been returned.

I’d add your senior in-stater missing a HUGE three in a barnburner Elite 8 game only to be cucked by the opponent’s in-stater nailing a buzzerbeater three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT