ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
* New Orleans officials were defiantly opening our economy much slower than the rest of the state. Last Monday, our mayor insisted "we are absolutely not moving to Phase 2" like the rest of the state, citing concern over poor social distancing practices observed in beach communities over Memorial Weekend in neighboring states. We couldn't safely move along until the 2-3 week lag in COVID-19 data came back from that potential risk. On Wednesday, the local protesting began -- thousands of people, and the same mayor announced we'd be moving to Phase 2, for no apparent logical reason other than just to do so. She even complimented protesters for maintaining good social distancing during those events. You can't make this shit up.

COVID just gets lumped into everything else for me. If you've got to rely on government for all the answers, you're F'd. I can take care of myself much better than some ignorant c-word in a cheap pant suit.

* Most of us with white collar jobs are working in a virtual world, so I'll stick to my assessment. Taking the month of August off -- or any other month, is very doable. Just make it a priority. In fact, spend a month somewhere on the west coast, and log onto your computer during your morning coffee to knock out the basic work, and you'll barely miss a thing.

* Pretty cool that Roger Goodell's sponsors have now told him he fully supports Black Lives Matter. What a great dude.

* Speaking of which.....there was a BLM protest in Silverton, Colorado yesterday. Population about 800. Probably haven't seen an A-A in 10 years. Can't even imagine how woke that got, but we missed it by a few hours.

* justa -- no flying to Montrose. Rented a big SUV and drove with our dogs.

* I can't even begin to imagine what Andy Beshear would possibly talk about for an hour every single day, but it's got to be completely exhausting listening to the self congratulation and nonsense.

Pretty crazy that BLM and social injustice ended coronavirus. It’s absolutely astonishing really. April and May are distant memories.
You must not have heard. Protesting white supremacy is the only thing that prevents coronavirus when you go out in groups. If 10 people sat at a restaurant table together they would kill everyone. In fact, the latter probably contributes to white supremacy.

Excuse me, I have to go kneel to people

Beshear is now fluent in sign language so he can do it himself and let Virginia go saving money for the impending budget issues.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Super deep undercover, underrated hotdog, Ellis Park. Used to go every Sunday when I lived in the best little town on earff. Parlayed with a cold Miller Lite draft. Sunday was $1 hotdog, $1 draft. On a hot July day, it was about the best $2 a feller could spend, other than the $2 valet parking. The works really, at the cost of $4.

Had about 150 protesters downtown BG last night. No killings or looting reported.

Pulled the trigger on a July vacation at Sanibel Island, Compass Point. WWDT, and so ready for some relaxation. Drink, golf, eat, and wade, no certain order, on repeat.

Friday night into Saturday morning 5 (sponsored by Miller Lite)

Ambitionz az a ridah -Tupac

Multiply - ASAP Rocky

Im N Love Wit a Stripper (remix) - TPain, Twista, Pimp C, Paul Wall, R. Kelly, MJG, Too Short.

Big Pimpn' - Jay Z, Pimp C., Bun B.

Hustle Hard (remix) - Ace Hood, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne.

Time for some Horsey Gambol. Lets get it.

Sanibel is really nice and all but the fact you can't walk on the beach or in the water barefooted is a huge negative IMO.

What you talking bout Willis ? Please don't be referring to Sea turtles.
Seashells. You can take your chances but you might slice and dice the bottom of your feet. If you like collecting them you will have a blast.

30805908e98e62ab2664962caf96c799.png

I switched fromYouTubeTV to Sling when I moved to Raleigh, just to save a little $ and try a new platform since no sports. Instantly became obsessed with Live PD, YouTube didn’t have A&E. It was perfect since stuck inside all weekend. I was confused last night why the rescue junk was airing but now I know. Just a horrible reactionary decision. You see a lot of good interactions with cops/citizens on there, and a ton of white trash (looking at you Louisiana).

Going to miss Cassie Moore’s badonkadonk.

:eek:Just got back from Ft Myers...highly recommend a getaway....mine was with 15 in-laws and still better than here

SAE—kudos on the Twitter thread! GREAT READ

Ready to see school schedules for the fall....I still think this is going to last a bit

:rolleyes:

Reactions: wcc31
I Just love it when some thinks im a DumbAss of whats going on and knowing when active thinking i dont!, even if Active is turned off trying to be Sneaky online.. Why dont these ones be a person of thier word when told to me of what thier going to do, but don't back it up. Hoping i would be ****ed up or Forget whats said, or even done. Mom and Dad Didn't raise a ****in Fool, Fake Ass Ones. So if your not going to do something and really not going to do it. Don't even waiste your ****in breathe telling some Bullshit that can't even back up. So Go **** off and use Someone else and Burn them. Let ya kno little Secret i kno...LMAO..It Is gonna comeback to you.. Promise!

Representing
Oorah! Semper-Fi! Bitches...but Still Love ya
Love All ❤️❣️

-Lil Mez

February
Ahmaud Arbery is killed by a father and son over a suspected burglary. He is shot 3 times at close range.

March

The Covid-19 virus begins a lockdown that cripples the entire civilized world.
EMT professional Breonna Taylor is shot 8 times by police in her own home. The suspects they were seeking were already in custody at the time for a drug offense.
881,000 Americans lose their jobs.

April
All of the G7 nations enter a recession.
20 million Americans lose their jobs.

May
100,000 Americans are already dead during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Police arrest then kill George Floyd over a counterfeit $20 bill.
Protesters rally over police brutality, are beaten and arrested for breaking curfew in many US cities.
Several buildings are torched and many businesses looted during the civil unrest.
More deaths follow.

June 1st

The Trump administration gasses protesters clearing the way for a photo op outside of a DC church.

Today
110,000 Americans and nearly 400,000 worldwide are now dead because of the pandemic.
Protesters are in their 12th day of marching in cities around the world.

gyero

What about the poor businesses and live sports?

Reactions: Col. Angus
jl32, you forgot the deficit, stock market, tropical storm and 2nd wave of the Covid so it’s not the perfect breakdown type of comparison.
David Alan Coe agrees.

You always wonder who the idiots are on CNN or whatever who say stupid shit like "We should defund the police!".

Now we know.

Thanks James. Build a fire and stand in it because we are all dumber from your "contribution". I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Maybe instead of defunding the police they rearrange their budgets. Quit buying MRAPs and tanks, increase pay to attract better hires, and invest in psychological evaluations/screenings. Maybe even provide ongoing therapy for officers that have seen some shit.

Get and maintain better personnel and get away from the militarization.

I'll get back to the drawing board and hash out an easy solution to an incredibly complicated problem.

My apologies.

Reactions: _Chase_
Police are like every other single part of government, as far as I’m concerned. We probably need about 50-75% less of their overall cost and presence.

Spend more time, effort, and energy on the truly necessary components of their job that they do very well, and cut out the rest of the bs.

I should run for Mayor.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Are sheriffs an elected position in all fifty states? How about we do away with city police departments and turn it all into a big sherif department in which the sheriff is held accountable by his constituents.

How about you go buy more guns, and when the pesky black peoples come jogging in your neighborhood you can go chase them down for civil arrest?

Everything in this country is too far left or too far right. There seems to be no room for moderate solutions and reasonable discussion without it devolving into a big pile of shit accomplishing nothing.

Far Right = Corona is fake

Far Left = Corona will kill us all and we should get in bunkers until 2030

Far Right = We should shoot the protestors and send in the Army.

Far Left = We should defund the police

Far Right = thing blue line, every excuse in the book for bad cop behavior

Far Left = every cop is a racist POS

Far Right = All abortion is bad no matter if you were raped by your father, or if the baby coming out might survive but will definitely kill you.

Far Left = Pull the baby out after delivery and shoot it in the head

And “news” stations like CNN and Fox will always be there doing their very damndest to incite people and stoke their fears in the name of ratings.

Social media echo chambers will also be right there reinforcing the dumbest of the dumb opinions (ex. flat earthers)

And it’s on and on and on and on in every aspect of society. As a result nothing is ever going to actually get accomplished until the incredibly vocal minority on both sides is told to STFU and let the mature, rationale, and intelligent adults run things. Which on our current trajectory is never.

Unfortunately, reasonable and rationale opinions and solutions don’t get people fired up, so they’ll continue to be pushed aside for the other nonsense, and we all suffer from it. Additionally, most reasonable and rational people don’t go on Facebook rants or run for political office as they probably feel just being a cog in the giant machine isn’t going to get anything done and their “normal” “let’s compromise” way of looking at things won’t get them anywhere.

It all feels like a lost cause. Change can happen but I’m not sure how real change happens in our current culture. The only changes I see are big swings back and forth depending on which political party is in charge.

In short, f*ck everything, and bring back sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT