ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Cal isn’t ill, JFC. The guy is playing UK while Arkansas finalizes their part. Being bitter is a sad look.

I’m thrilled the MFer is leaving whether it’s today, tomorrow or next week.

I’ve seen real ill minded people and Cal isn’t that. He is a passive aggressive strategic salesman and when salesman flirt with the competition you fire them on the spot.

Period.

I do believe there was some degree of using Arky like he did UCLA but their money was too much to walk away from for his recruits and when it became obvious we were happy for him to leave it was eye opening to him.

- I haven’t even considered Drew’s coaching tree, which for me is the sign of a coach that knows his shit and has the ability to teach it.

What is Cal’s tree? Lol

- Beard being in that 2nd tier group makes me happy. If it gets there I’d be the only happy UK fan.

Shaka is a no go. He is as UCLA as a person can be and that should be the only place that’s major that he’d consider.

Last edited:
FYI: the sign was obviously an inside job. You don’t just sneak over to Cal’s house at 3am and set that nonsense up. Some woman (or maybe Seth Greenberg) who’s friends with Cal and his family asked to come put that in his yard with their permission.

I wonder who it could have been.

Oats, Billy D, Hurley were the homerun hires. Scott Drew is a stand up double. Eliminate the covid year and he mid
He was 26-4 during the Covid year, and very well could have won the title that year. The next year AFTER Covid, they won it all. So Drew could have had back to back titles if not for Covid. He is NOT meh. WTF does Oats have ? 1 FF in a year Cal drug his ass. They got hot, won a few games, but for most of the year, was very much underachievers.

Yep, Cal signed his contact at 1115AM today. He is gone gone gone. Now go get Hurley or at least Drew. LFG!!

Reactions: 80 Proof
Lol, Cal did try to use Arkansas for demands from UK. Damn, what a true nut.

According to Dick Gabriel.
This is what I'm saying. Unless something has been signed somewhere behind closed doors, this dude is legally and contractually UK's basketball coach. There is a chance (0.0001%, but still greater than NO chance) that this jackass shows back up at the Kraft Center like nothing ever happened and try to George Costanza himself back in this job . . . OR . . . he wants his 33 million to leave for a year and then show up somewhere else.

Obviously, there is 0% chance, Zilch, ZEE-ROW that he ever coaches a second here ever again. But I'm beginning to worry about *how* that's going to happen.

De La KKKKKruz is batting .297, .961 OPS. Scored 11 runs in 10 games.

All while striking out on 47% of his plate appearances 😂

The Gabriel quote is here:

Reactions: jayroon
I'm just glad Mitch finally ended the Era of appeasement.

I still can't get over Cal claiming a lack of support. You treated us like idiots publicly then privately tell everyone how smart we are as a fan base. This fool is on commentary a few summers ago talking about how Rupp cheers for box outs and hedges, he's never seen anything like it.

Dumbass thought starting your legacy recruit over a native son who is 10 times the player was gonna sneak by us?

Good riddance. You lost the support, it wasn't taken for you.

The imagery of Cal bringing his Arkansas offer to the table like he’s holding all the power, expecting Barnhart to buckle like the UCLA flirtation, only to be met with Barnhart’s goofy, incredulous grin and a “good luck in Arkansas” is pure gold. Bonus points if Cal actually orchestrated the whole thing in hopes of a raise here instead of truly wanting the Arkansas job.

I think Cal wanted to squeeze a little bit more money and get an associate head coach spot for his son.

Pressor moved to tomorrow night at Arky.
Will be a Cal PR campaign coming out later today. Quotes from former players, and coaches like Barnes, Izzo, Few...
Basically bashing UK for forcing him out with lack of support. At least that’s the rumblings from Cal side. They may pivot from that, but are caught with pants down thinking UK would negotiate.

Brad was a HUUUUGE issue in this deal. He thought he could slide him in with zero brushback. SMH.

One Brad story. Before going to Vandy, the coach at Iona was asked by Cal to interview Brad for an assistant position. Brad showed up in jeans and t-shirt all disheveled and played too cool. Needless to say, the interview was over quick.

Clown show!

- I’m sure I’ll feel differently in a few years, but right now I’ve got nothing for Cal. I don’t wish him success. He had all the tools. He had resources, stacked rosters, unwavering support well past the point where it should’ve wavered, and he just blew it because of hubris or some other equally embarrassing flaw. Disgraceful is not too strong a word for the way he treated this program and this state. He’s not a good coach, but you’ll never convince me we wouldn’t have at least made the second weekend if he did us the one service of simply playing the best players, and that’s only one on a long list of aggrievances he’s committed against us the last several years.

His winning percentage at UK is going to end up slightly better than the all time percentage before he got there, and we didn’t use to play 10+ games a season against directional commuter schools.

I don’t want retirement ceremonies, tribute videos, anything. This was willfully done.

- I’d be happy with Drew. To do what he’s done and consistently does at Baylor is remarkable. But to be honest, I’d be happy with a high school coach at this point. I can earnestly root for anybody as long as they’re trying to win basketball games for the University of Kentucky.

Pressor moved to tomorrow night at Arky.
Will be a Cal PR campaign coming out later today. Quotes from former players, and coaches like Barnes, Izzo, Few...
Basically bashing UK for forcing him out with lack of support. At least that’s the rumblings from Cal side. They may pivot from that, but are caught with pants down thinking UK would negotiate.

If it plays out that way, I hope the gloves come off on our end and all those unbelievable stories (like MJ has alluded to, for example) about his overall incompetence and foolishness the past several years just happen to be shared.

Another nice, lengthy Kyle Tucker-like exposé sounds like the perfect forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT