ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, Drew can be a good hire and it can still be bullshit that in the most important hire of his career Mitch just called his buddy and hired him in less than 24 hours. Both those things can be true.

The bench for UConn has taken 4 shots while the bench for Purdue has taken 1. Both teams are rolling with and trusting their best combination of players to win. What a novel concept.
Yeah, but every NBA team subs out their best players each game to keep them fresh. Having Edey play 40 minutes every game is why he's tired. I'd get him 2 minutes of rest at the 10 minute mark.

Even if offered, it’s not a stone cold lock that Drew will take it.

If he turns us down that will tell us a lot about how folks outside the program feel about Mitch.

Boosters should raise hell about this like with Stoops-A&M or Jans-Arkansas. I saw somewhere today that certain boosters would pitch in on Hurley or Donovan but not Drew.

Last edited:
Yeah, but every NBA team subs out their best players each game to keep them fresh. Having Edey play 40 minutes every game is why he's tired. I'd get him 2 minutes of rest at the 10 minute mark.

NBA also has 48 minute games.

But yeah, a minute or 2 break could be good. The point is that they aren't mindlessly shuffling lineups.

Reactions: WayneDougan
From what I’ve read, Jones gets fed *really* bad info on the regular, and has a horrible time screening out the BS.
Today was a wild day and while I am sure I don’t know the whole truth, I know for a fact it was a lot weirder than anyone will ever believe. Next time I see one of you guys out, I will share some details. I will leave it at that. I think I was wrong on at least one important thing about the Cal-Mitch meeting (and I now know why), but the rest of the stuff I say happened, happened. Things have been beyond strange these last two years and amongst the handful of media members that really know what goes on, they will privately tell you the same.

The reality is the end of the Calipari era was a lot stranger than people want to accept or can even believe…the last 36 hours no different. But it has ended with the same result as before, Cal headed to Arkansas. I think it’s best for all parties

Drew would probably have two if hadn’t run into our juggernaught in 2012 many of us were at in ATL though, correct or does KU knock them out?

They played us damn tough, as did KU (well at the end when we let them close the gap significantly).

Just made 118.75 off of a free 25 dollar bet from Draft Kings. LOL

Also, Hurley will never come to UK.

Another also, it's going to be Scott Drew. MIght as well start wrapping your heads around it...

Come on Matt, give us some scuttlebutt.
I would love to…and I tried to do it today on KSR Plus. But the problem is that it gets picked up, put on Twitter, reported as fact and then I might as well have shouted it on the radio. The relevant folks deny it, get their hand-chosen media people to chime in (having once been one I get it) and people like PTI immediately say you made it up. It is what it is

But ask the folks around the program on all sides (outside of Calipari’s and Arkansas, the two sides controlling the national media narrative this week by leaking stories) and they will tell you what an odd (and confusing) day it was

Btw Trilly has a post around 7:30 that follows the exact timeline of what happened. I don’t even know who he is but he had the same info I did and the timeline matches up very well. I won’t screenshot but between the players meeting being cancelled, Cal never contacting UK, the Arkansas press conferences being postponed, etc, it becomes pretty clear how chaotic today was

I would love to…and I tried to do it today on KSR Plus. But the problem is that it gets picked up, put on Twitter, reported as fact and then I might as well have shouted it on the radio. The relevant folks deny it, get their hand-chosen media people to chime in (having once been one I get it) and people like PTI immediately say you made it up. It is what it is

But ask the folks around the program on all sides (outside of Calipari’s and Arkansas, the two sides controlling the national media narrative this week by leaking stories) and they will tell you what an odd (and confusing) day it was
Definitely a wild day - I saw a grown-ass man pushing a dog around in a stroller!

It's weird. I look at Baylor's stats and they consistently have a top 25 Offense (per Kenpom mind you) and somewhere between 100 and top 10 defense yet, outside of the covid years, he's lost double digit games more often than not and struggles to get out of the second round.

I'm not turning my nose up at Scott Drew. I'm not. But, man, I just hope we didn't beeline straight to him without even considering other options.

Full disclosure, I can't forget that god awful UK-Baylor ice storm rock fest. Really soured me on the program.

Either way, Go Big Drew!

You can’t compare Baylor, Bama, Auburn, etc. to UK resources & brand.

Fools errand. Shit. Do Bill (Jesus) Self, minus the titles, one gifted by a man we know too well. Or Jay, impossibly handsome. They have 1 extra. Sure. And a bunch of (mostly) BIG trash 🗑️ otherwise .

It’s college basketball. We need to get back to US, and not a Coach who is his own separate deal. GTFO

We’re gonna be just fine. History says so, and ours more than *anyone* in that regard.

That’s why we’re Kentucky Basketball. LFG

Last edited:
He just spent a decade coaching, dissecting, studying NBA offense and defense. He would come in with a wealth of new knowledge along with the advantage of NIL and the transfer portal. He's not a player. The mileage is a good thing.

It’s college basketball. We need to get back to US, and not a Coach who is his own separate deal. Gtfo

We’re gonna be just fine. History says so, and ours more than *anyone* in that regard.

That’s why we’re Kentucky Basketball. LFG
I read this with the Rocky theme song playing in my head, and it almost has me hyped...

I think Matt is inferring that Mitch was playing chess in this interlude and has Cal by the balls with this breach of contract bullshit - knowing that with Cal’s flirtation with Arky (OR OHIO STATE IN FEB)…. UKs obligation was over.

So, if all the Tyson-Walton NIL details aren’t ironed out and the deal isn’t as comfy to Cal as purported… too effing bad loser, you’re gone.

Maybe that WWE belt in the background signified Milquetoast doing his best Superfly Snuka off the top turnbuckle.

Scott Drew always has his team play like MEN. Hard-nosed dudes. Cal used to field teams like that…and slowly started recruiting PG duds.

Last edited:
Drew could also potentially put together a better recruiting class than we already had. Plus he's already proven he can do well in the portal. Roster construction shouldn't be an issue with Drew.
This feels like coping. We’re getting our own version of Rick Barnes and we know it. He may have won a championship but he’s hasn’t been competing for championships very often. We’re a bunch of frogs in a pot right now and Mitch is slowly turning up the heat.

We need something out of left field like a major booster making a power play to correct course on this hire.

Lots of comments about Drew tonight on the board are eerily similar to what was being said about Gillespie during that hiring.

Referencing Billy Clyde in the same sentence as BD is extraordinarily unfortunate.

There is one scorching hot on fire coach (DH) who flat out isn’t leaving esp after last night. There is one modern analytics monster (NO) who for whatever reasons may or may not come. There’s one who would kill it but does have a lot of variables (Billy D) and has already left us at the alter twice.

One (Scott Drew) would crush here with this support, has a stupid high floor (something the last few years should instruct us not to take for granted) and would come here. Hurley is *not* leaving UConn after last night, so there is really no point discussing him further.

Billy Clyde shewweeee I’d like to shake Chad’s head right off his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT