ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old man, Chuck Dougan, who loves a good UK conspiracy theory believes that Cal's collapse at UK really started when Brad joined the team and was treated poorly by the likes of many of you on this message board. Like that messed with Cal's head or something and he couldn't believe that UK fans would do such a thing - and it led him to be less connected to the fanbase and checked out on the realties of the program.

I told my dad he was being an idiot and it was more to do with losing his key assistants plus not adjusting to the game, so when this news about Cal trying to get his son a coaching job on the staff my dad texted "told ya". Piss off Chuck.

My old man, Chuck Dougan, who loves a good UK conspiracy theory believes that Cal's collapse at UK really started when Brad joined the team and was treated poorly by the likes of many of you on this message board. Like that messed with Cal's head or something and he couldn't believe that UK fans would do such a thing - and it led him to be less connected to the fanbase and checked out on the realties of the program.

I told my dad he was being an idiot and it was more to do with losing his key assistants plus not adjusting to the game, so when this news about Cal trying to get his son a coaching job on the staff my dad texted "told ya". Piss off Chuck.
I see the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Pressor moved to tomorrow night at Arky.
Will be a Cal PR campaign coming out later today. Quotes from former players, and coaches like Barnes, Izzo, Few...
Basically bashing UK for forcing him out with lack of support. At least that’s the rumblings from Cal side. They may pivot from that, but are caught with pants down thinking UK would negotiate.

Brad was a HUUUUGE issue in this deal. He thought he could slide him in with zero brushback. SMH.

One Brad story. Before going to Vandy, the coach at Iona was asked by Cal to interview Brad for an assistant position. Brad showed up in jeans and t-shirt all disheveled and played too cool. Needless to say, the interview was over quick.

Clown show!
Gives nepotism a bad name.

8FgkDDg9_400x400.jpg

If this is true about Cal trying to leverage Mitch into money/nepotism, then he quickly moves near the top of the list of hated coaches, right? Excluding Knight or Coach K, this shit move puts him near the top IMO. I've got nothing for Cal, the man, now.

Brad really looks like a psycho. Could play an evil heir to a second tier kingdom on Game of Thrones.
^ Brad is a Karstark except without a cool beard.

He has his sites on Mitch’s head.

Would he really leave Arkansas at the alter and just sit out a year or retire? One thing is for sure. We will hear his version of the story soon enough.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I’m way less concerned about Cal being rejuvenated at Arkansas after watching that video and hearing what Dick Gabriel said. That man’s done, has less desire to coach than Jay Wright, he just doesn’t know what else to do.

He has his sites on Mitch’s head.
It would be another terrible mistake on his part.

Cal might have a lot of friends in the coaching/player community, but the media has never liked him. Going on any sort of clandestine campaign against Barnhart or UK will undoubtedly unleash an avalanche of information that exposes Cal and makes him look terrible.

If this is true about Cal trying to leverage Mitch into money/nepotism, then he quickly moves near the top of the list of hated coaches, right? Excluding Knight or Coach K, this shit move puts him near the top IMO. I've got nothing for Cal, the man, now.

^ Brad is a Karstark except without a cool beard.
Pat Knight disagrees

Cal is digging in. Heard they are moving forward with quotes from former players and coaches etc supporting Cal.

• Wow
Reactions: jayroon
Just my thoughts:

Hurley is a good coach, but, Luke Murray is the brains. His dad and him playing basketball together when he was young, his dad, taught him the game.

Drew: He is the guy taking you to the dance, with proper prestige. Then ask you to dance once and later once again.

Pearl: He is the guy taking you to the dance, proper prestige, Then asked you to dance, after taking his jacket off, proceeds to dance all night long. The band stops playing and he states, NO WAY, and everyone dances till the sun comes up.

Oats: He is the guy taking you to the dance, good ole boy. Gets you some punch, dances a few dances during the night.

What a tale of redemption for Mitch Barnhart. It feels like a movie. He was basically the kid that was scared to go to school because Cal would beat him up for his lunch money or give him a wedgie in front of everyone at school and/or shove him into a locker just for amusement. Then one day, the bully went too far, Mitch can't take being bullied anymore and punches him right in the nose. The bully realizes the gig is up and slinks off down the hallway. *insert Lucas slow clap*

I think our milquetoast Athletic Director just had his balls drop. This is glorious.

As happy as I am to see him leave, and I am thrilled, it is a weird thing to see become official.

2015 obviously hurt everyone badly, but I think the 9-16 covid year and Terrence Clarke tragedy was truly the final blow. Cal just was not the same guy after that and I think his priorities shifted. He should honestly just be enjoying retirement right now, but oh well. Thanks for the memories.

Alright, let's get our man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT