ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son told me on the way home we haven’t seen U.K. win one game in the SEC tournament in five years.

I think that’s actually right. We skipped the quarterfinals before the UT game in 2019. We even went and wore a mask one year. Lost to MSU. One year was covid.

These kids try. We need a full roster. Stop the NBA factory. Let’s get back to U.K. basketball being the focus and win some college games.

I watched St Johns midnight madness, and they had 1 guy leave with a real injury, and others bleeding real blood.

Ricky P - “F your dreams, kid.”

DJ Wagner played 29 minutes, and took more shots than Reed.

I didn’t watch one second of that shit.

Yeah, but did he start his lottery picks or did he leave them on the bench for the first 4 minutes? Pitino doesn’t play 4D chess

Well not many teams score more than our 87 and lose. Cal and Pitino both did today.

Our defense was awful so anything else to slow them down would have helped. Taylor/Radford/Obaseki scored 72? Damn!

Reactions: Col. Angus
I remember when I thought DJ was a dawg for that fight in the HS tourney last year. Nope. He's sus or mid or whatever the kids say AT THE CURRENT MOMENT. And that's ok. He's 19 years old with a lot of natural talent.

would be pumped for him to come back, but 0% chance of that happening.

And therein lies the overarching problem with this program.

SEC Tournament tickets appear to be about as good of an investment as Beanie Babies we’re once upon a time. I feel bad for the fans that wait all year, make this their vacation, spend no telling how much money but maybe in the future they should just wait until Sunday rolls around before making those plans.

They played effing CONNECTICUT. We played Buzz, Boots and a box of rocks.

You made a smartass comment about did he have two draft picks on the bench.

Sorry bub we lost because no one guarded all game. I don’t care who St John’s played, my point was when you score 87 you should win and we don’t because we didn’t guard.

Your boys Reed and Rob included didn’t guard a lick either so that top 5 pick BS don’t matter.

Reed shot the ball twice in the 2nd half too.

More than 1 problem showed up tonight.

I was looking at tickets before the game. It was $150 minimum to get in the building. It’s down to $45 right now with a ton of inventory. The loss of value because UK lost is huge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
Speaking of St John’s, man I watched them before UK game and Pitino used 6 different defenses in the first and kept UConn off guard with the switching.

They should t ever be a team within 5 of UConn but when your coach will try everything and have his team prepared to do so you never know.
Yeah buddy they only gave up 52
in the first half (95 for the game) and held UCONN to 57% shooting. Y’all should get off his nuts.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
So we have a fat and lazy coach that prioritizes the draft status of "his guys" over winning games for the University of Kentucky. Fire him, but first fire the AD that enabled this cancerous culture, and that "negotiated" these contracts, Oh, and Kyra Elzy gets a couple million on the way out, despite her total incompetence. F**k Mitch.

My #1 rule of the SEC Tournament is get to Saturday. After that, I don’t care too much. I mean, I see the benefit of extra rest for the big one. I don’t like losing but whatever. The Mist will still party their ass off postgame, head home early for Selection Sunday and give some random restaurant on 65 enough breakfast business to stay open for 3 more years.

But losing before Saturday is disrespectful to BBN and I have zero patience for that bullshit. F off, Cal.

Last edited:
Starting down 8-1 and having your two best players on the bench… if only there was some way to fix this… or at least figure out who’s fault it is…

0ecd79ca-713e-46f7-a997-ca3097f04a42.jpeg

Another opportunity this year just pissed away. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Completely baffled that they can’t guard, at all. None of them. How is that even a possibility if your dream is to play in the NBA?? There’s only room for so many James Harden’s.

I’m going to be an All Star in the NHL!! Why would I need to skate? What’s checking??

FOH, grow a set and man the eff up!!

Another opportunity this year just pissed away. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Completely baffled that they can’t guard, at all. None of them.

This.

And the sad thing is as the opponent crosses the court are defensive stances suggest we’re about to be up in you defensively and the first move is just a straight line drive to the rim with no real deterrent.

It’s almost amazing if I hadn’t seen it all season.

Reactions: UKMKG
Just got home from that shitshow. I’ll have more after I sleep on it, but after seeing that shit up close and personal, I can confidently say this program has gone as far as it can with John Calipari.

The reason we’re all so mad tonight is because we know what’s coming next week. It was on full display in the form of whack-a-mole substitutions, zero adjustments to ball screens, and deer in headlight stares. We’re emotionally channeling as a way to cope for the inevitable flame out. We can’t stop what’s coming.

And deep down, it might be the last time we *really care* about it, which is frightening on a level I’m not entirely sure how to articulate yet. I’m just totally dismayed. This is such a likable group of players. Damn it.

This team can either show up on one shining moment against some ahole state guard tandem as they really cant guard anyone or get hot and cruise to sweet 16. Thats the ceiling and it hasnt changed all year. So much more talent if utilized our coach just doesnt give a shit to earn it. Hes the problem. Spent my dogs college fund in Nashville. GBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT