ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spending money on following this team/showing up, only puts off the invevitable. The more you spend/support them, the more comfortable UKAA is with keeping the status quo.

Fvck this coach, and fvck the UKAA for not demanding a change.

With the support this program has, it's offensive that they keep trotting out this stupid "has been" to produce the same stale, uninspiring turd of a product year after year.

Just like voters, that have produced Trump vs. Biden YET AGAIN, the people are the ones to blame.

You're getting what you ask for/support/deserve.

Last edited:
Just got home from that shitshow. I’ll have more after I sleep on it, but after seeing that shit up close and personal, I can confidently say this program has gone as far as it can with John Calipari.

The reason we’re all so mad tonight is because we know what’s coming next week. It was on full display in the form of whack-a-mole substitutions, zero adjustments to ball screens, and deer in headlight stares. We’re emotionally channeling as a way to cope for the inevitable flame out. We can’t stop what’s coming.

And deep down, it might be the last time we *really care* about it, which is frightening on a level I’m not entirely sure how to articulate yet. I’m just totally dismayed. This is such a likable group of players. Damn it.

47fbb12d-ac7e-461e-bd20-b936d52719c1_text.gif

Reactions: UKMKG
I woke up pissed. This didn't help.

These are the type things that just prove Cal is a f’n moron. His assistants are no better.

This idiot takes a winning team with a winning roster and makes them a loser. That’s hard to do.

Since 2019, UK ranks 13th of 14th in the SEC in SEC tournament wins.

Last edited:
-I’d like to know how many teams have won a title when only winning six games in a row once all year.

-Ended up backstage at the Dirty Heads show out of partially dumb luck and partially “well might as well we’re here now”. They’re the only reason I bought a Thursday ticket to Reggae Riseup, so I couldn’t have had more fun.

Pretty wild seeing 10K people out there.

-Off to walk the dog and listen to the post game…

Last edited:
Good to see the super friends out and defending on HoB bright and early this morning.

“It doesn’t matter for the resume anyway!”

“Calipari has said he doesn’t care about it, it’s not a big deal!”

I just want to f’ng win. I hate this narrative that it doesn’t matter, because it does.

It’s fun to get to watch your team play 3 times in 3 days. It’s fun to get to say you’ve won more SECT titles than the rest of these yokels combined (no longer true after this year now). It’s fun to laugh at Tennessee fans when they lose by 30. The Wall and Boogie game against MSU is one of the best highlights we have.

So John lost to a slightly better looking Ryan Lemond clone last night in Music City in March in front of a rabid mob of BBN's finest waiting to explode. We were just a koonty tweet from Dr. Erin "subtly" taunting Kentucky fans and Tyler Thompson drawing everyone a map of the debacle like Toots Rand McNally away from The Full Nashville Calipari Experience.

Let's go win the loser's bracket, I guess. Go Cats!

Collectively at some point it all matters. This specific year or individual games do not, however big picture it’s all very tough to accept that this is where we are.

Can’t win an SEC Tournament.

That said I still have faith this group has a run to cap the season and make it memorable. Their just too good.

• Haha
Reactions: entropy13
Another fun misery fact for this season. We’re currently tied for the longest Sweet 16 drought in the history of the program with 4 years 05-10. That drought got 2 coaches fired.

I'm convinced that there is NOTHING that Calipari can do, to get fired. If it hasn't happened yet, then it doesn't MATTER what happens this year, next year, the year after that etc. etc.

The only way we're getting rid of Cal is if he dies or quits.

DIE

QUIT

That's it. That's the list.

The I see it, and Matt alluded to it last night, is that all of the talk about the starting lineups and the “Nuclear Squad” is exactly what is keeping Cal from doing it. He wants to prove to everyone, especially BJW, that he can win doing it his way so he can then tell everyone how much smarter he is. It is exactly why we all loved him the first 7 years and why we all want him to GTFO now.

Wasnt the original idea of la familia that all the NBA millionaires would help carry the NIL load? Lol GOT US AGAIN you rascal.

Im good with 2 way agreements at UK we can be your stepping stone but if you dont get us to sweet 16 you owe us % of your first big contract. Its all transactional at this point anyway.

I know the narrative in here has always been “Cal is so stubborn; he wants to do things his way.” While that bears truth, it’s my belief that he doesn’t know how to change.

All he has in his toolbox (or “his bag” as the kids say) is a crowbar. He either doesn’t have the guts to change, or he doesn’t have the basketball acumen to do so. I think it’s a combo of both fwiw.

Im good with 2 way agreements at UK we can be your stepping stone but if you dont get us to sweet 16 you owe us % of your first big contract. Its all transactional at this point anyway.
That won't (and shouldn't happen) but I would like to see these kids start signing contracts directly with the university that have retention and performance bonuses and other incentives that serve both the player and school.

It is the ultimate win/win.

* On the starters, it is just rank idiocy at this point. Hell, BBN wants Wagner and Edwards to play a lot of minutes, just not start, so he isn't even making a good point if he is doing it merely out of stubbornness.

Pure loser mentality masquerading as bravado -- the motto of the later Calipari Era.

Last edited:
I know the narrative in here has always been “Cal is so stubborn; he wants to do things his way.” While that bears truth, it’s my belief that he doesn’t know how to change.

All he has in his toolbox (or “his bag” as the kids say) is a crowbar. He either doesn’t have the guts to change, or he doesn’t have the basketball acumen to do so. I think it’s a combo of both fwiw.

But it's not rocket science. Play your most productive line-up from the trip - and 80-85% of the minutes - and a big hole in the problem is plugged.

Only chance is to turn into 1990 Loyola Marymount and try to score 150.

But at least Cal didn't let the fanbase bully him. All he cares about.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Some of you are forgetting that what Cal wants, and his goals, are not to win basketball games.

It sounds so absurd and egregious for the head coach of the University of Kentucky to not care about wins and losses, but it’s true. You must believe the POS when he tells you it’s about DJ’s Dreams.

Btw, what stupid mfer is drafting DJ Wagner anywhere?

Like I said in game, refs were rewarding pussy ball. Wagner’s first foul was a charge that he probably wouldn’t have knocked a child down with that minimal of contact, but because the A&M player fell it was called a charge.

On my patio, meh whatever, in person I’d have lost my mind and embarrassed myself.

I think I'm angrier this morning with a night to sleep on it. There is this parasitic malaise that has seeped into all aspects of life from government, the corporate world and entertainment. A large segment of BBN, this tournament is the "save up your money, we can do this once a year" pilgrimage and they keep getting $hit on by this coach (and to a lesser extent, the SEC) but these are the people who have made this shitshow an "event" while the conference and the program reap all the rewards. They are not the 1% who can afford London and Atlantis and get the access that comes with that and they're not the complete other end of the spectrum where they'll be used as a PR opportunity. They just get told to buy the merch, support the program and shut up and you'll get what we give you.

At the end of the day, this is supposed to be fun, and for BJW an escape from what goes on in our everyday life. We just ask that they come in prepared and ready to play hard and play smart. Upsets happen and it's why you play the game. But an upset by definition is an event that has a rare and unexpected result. What happened yesterday is the new normal, not an upset. 1 SEC win in 5 years, 13th out of 14th among SEC schools. It's criminal and immoral.

Last edited:

What is odd to me is he was finally willing to change offensively this year but not defensively or change up the starting lineups.

What might be best for everyone is if he went to Michigan, Vandy or somewhere similar especially if we don’t get out of the first weekend of the tournament.

We could consider Drew who has no buyout btw, Oats, Buzz, Lloyd, Shaka. The troubling thing is that there are no home run hire replacements out there this year and the pool isn’t that deep either.

Is college basketball just trying to suck? I am watching the Vermont-Mass Lowell game and they just spent two minutes reviewing time left on the clock after a made basket with 45 seconds left to go. Seems they were concerned they let the clock go an extra 4 tenths of a second.

Reactions: august-west
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT