ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
During this Auburn game, they mentioned Auburn has an offensive coordinator that heavily relies on analytics that Pearl will often defer to. How refreshing an approach that would be?

This reminds me of one other little quirk that annoys me about Cal. During timeouts he never confers with his assistants before sitting down with the team. Just shows a level of distrust with his staff that has to be annoying/feel disrespectful to them.

Also the constant in game arguing with them doesn’t help either. When that happens the players and recruits have to be like WTF.

Cal is a complete spaz, you really don’t see many coaches even act like he does anymore. I mean for basically the entire game he’s screaming at a ref, his staff, or a player, it never stops. 🤡 show

- otoh was noticing Beard the other night he barely gets out of the chair, which is also kinda strange.

His staff is almost worthless during a game. I would argue Ulis is the most important. He speaks with guards 1/1. Antigua is a prick to the players. Bruiser is tasked with talking to officials and that gets us nowhere.

Chin screams and yells but doesn’t do a damn thing. I’m so tired of watching it night after night. I’m not so sure you couldn’t do better with no coaches over there. They’re boobs.

Last edited:
Best coach left in the SEC tournament is Golden. I think they’ll take this thing. A&M finally folds up as their NCAA bid is locked in and their Super Bowl was yday.

They’re upperclassmen capable of being physical so UF would have most likely beat us too

- Yard work done. Garage is next and then on to finding the best Rueben in town for tomorrow’s lunch.

- I still don’t hate Cal, but I’ll be happy when this era of UK is over.

You know why college basketball sucks? Auburn and Miss St just had a little tussle and they’ve spent 7 minutes figuring out how to assess an easy double T.

I think I’m experiencing what many in this thread have already experienced or may be going through right now: Impending apathy towards this program.

This is such a lovable team. The stars really shine. The way they pull for each other. The apparent selflessness. My son absolutely worships Rob and Reed (in that order btw). He was as pissed as any of us last night. Punching his seat. Cussing just loud enough for his parents not to hear. He was crushed. I was sitting there silently seething so as not to set a poor example.

Everyone in our section knew the story. Knowledgeable fans. Fans that care about the prestige of the program. Encouraging players. Silently questioning and grumbling poor calls. Shrugging and scoffing at substitutions. Laughing at A&M’s playmaking. Accepting our fate as classy as we could.

And during that last minute it hit me: What’s the point? Why get this worked up? Well, it’s because of this group of guys. They are a joy. I can see why my son is so enamored with those guys. Hell, I’ve coached AGAINST Reed. He’s a star! It would be easy enough to love these guys if they were in a different uniform. But they’re here! They are Kentucky!

Meanwhile, a washed up DUNCE of a basketball coach sits over there and ruins what could be/should be. And that’s when you realize, any and all success on behalf of the University of Kentucky basketball program is gone. It will not return until Coach Cal and his entire brand is washed clean of this place. And if he does get lucky enough to win a couple more games this year (spoiler, he won’t), it won’t be UK’s or BBN’s success. It will be his, his brand, and certain player’s draft potential. That’s the measuring stick. BBN and the University of Kentucky are nothing more than a hindrance to him and his brand.

Well, Cal is a hindrance to my attachment to this program. Im just going to be a casual observer after this season. I’m pulling for them and always will, but Cal is no longer going to get my money, my emotional investment, or my spare time. I’m out.

I’ll take anyone over him. At least maybe they’ll respect the program, the job, and the people that help make it what it is.

Happy St. Patty’s everyone! Selection Sunday is tomorrow! May your brackets be full of good fortune and monetary success!

F this gay earth.

A&M finally folds up as their NCAA bid is locked in and their Super Bowl was yday.

Feels like easy money to bet against A&M. Happens all the time when someone beats us that they lay an egg in the next one. But don’t take my advise, I bet Alabama -5.5 at halftime yesterday.

I know the narrative in here has always been “Cal is so stubborn; he wants to do things his way.” While that bears truth, it’s my belief that he doesn’t know how to change.

All he has in his toolbox (or “his bag” as the kids say) is a crowbar. He either doesn’t have the guts to change, or he doesn’t have the basketball acumen to do so. I think it’s a combo of both fwiw.
"Everything looks like a nail when your only tool is a hammer"

Just go back and watch the final 2 minutes of the 2008 finals, and then watch some of the blown games Cal has this year, and you’ll quickly realize Cal lacks acumen.

I know the magnitude of that game is what you are getting at, but he lost ALOT of close ones at Memphis at the end and some was due to poor FT shooting but some was just flat out terrible end of game and situational basketball.

Pearl’s pre-game speech he’s telling his guys they didn’t come here to lose and they aren’t losing the rest of the year. Cal, moments after a big win on his conference rivals home court immediately has to remind us rubes how little he cares for the SEC tournament by pissing all over it.

Pearls team in the finals, Cal gets his shit pushed in first game out.

I mean that has to be investigated, no?

22 calls on in favor of A&M? Seriously?

If I was Cal and I found that out I’d be raising hell in a press conference.

I mean that has to be investigated, no?

22 calls on in favor of A&M? Seriously?

If I was Cal and I found that out I’d be raising hell in a press conference.

He is also the ref that made the call right before a TV timeout in the 1st half that the ball was out of bounds off us when it was clearly off A&M. The other official had to correct him.

We went straight to 16 to look for someone. Rickie was coming up so we waited to watch him tee off. I'm standing right next to the lady Rickie is pointing at. My group thought I did something. She was clicking away and almost got bounced. Also, Cal sucks at CBB coaching.

Reactions: BernieSadori
Ref-blamers usually don’t know the game they’re complaining about well.

Oh I could pick the players apart last night and Cal’s lack of coaching too. It wasn’t just the refs, but they certainly didn’t make it “even”, or close to it.

Oh I could pick the players apart last night and Cal’s lack of coaching too. It wasn’t just the refs, but they certainly didn’t make it “even”, or close to it.
Foul totals were 19-17 until we started fouling the last few minutes.Part of the game is adjusting to how the refs are calling the game and not putting yourself in positions to where fouls could potentially cost you time on the floor

Reactions: Catman100
Foul totals were 19-17 until we started fouling the last few minutes.Part of the game is adjusting to how the refs are calling the game and not putting yourself in positions to where fouls could potentially cost you time on the floor

To be fair fouls 3 & 4 on Reeves were bullshit. I’m not sure he could have done anything differently in order to not get called for them. I’m not saying that ref was doing it in purpose but I am saying he called 3 and 4 and that they were bullshit. You can argue against it all you want.

Reactions: parrott

Foul totals show how A&M was allowed to be physical meanwhile they dinged us for tick tack BS?

Look I’m not just blaming refs, nor am I saying the refs screwed us, but it was clear they called a different game for A&M than they did for us.

Blame Cal and his inability to politic with them for YEARS.

Goaltends, missed goaltends, trash reviews when Taylor dove on our player and came up with a busted lip, Wagner’s first foul charge was bogus, and followed by another charge the next play as we drove the lane yet on the other side if we barely touched Taylor or Radford it was called instantly.

It sways the way players play. So that foul total doesn’t factor to the point.

Thanks tho.

Cal sucked and so did our players.

To be fair fouls 3 & 4 on Reeves were bullshit. I’m not sure he could have done anything differently in order to not get called for them. I’m not saying that ref was doing it in purpose but I am saying he called 3 and 4 and that they were bullshit. You can argue against it all you want.
3rd foul with 18:16 left he clearly reached in and fouled Wade. There you can’t swipe at the ball just have your hands straight up if you’re helping on a drive and already have two fouls at that point in the game.

The 4th foul be pushed Radford in the back with his right hand at 8:07. It wasn’t much of a push but Radford sold it and you can’t be pushing at all at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT