ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- I've read two articles in the past year, both of which point to an epidemic of loneliness among males in their 40s and 50s. Unfortunately there are additional issues, such as substances, marital issues, financial problems, etc. which add layers to the problem and can cause a spiral. So yeah, reaching out is definitely something I should do a better job of.

- That new NBA collective bargaining agreement....ugh. Good news for the G-League, I guess.

- I had already forgotten about Bryce Hopkins.

- Smart of Arizona State to go ahead and pull the plug on Herm Edwards. Colorado should go ahead and do the same. Might as well go ahead and get out in front on the Bryan Harsin watch. No way the guy makes it to year 3 in Auburn, especially when there might be a couple of reasonably-attractive options back out west that he could jump to.

- Anyone ever used one of those mobile dog groomers that comes to your driveway? I always wait just a bit too long to get mine groomed, and then it's a nightmare driving that beast out to the groomers.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
Rogue, son, I can understand your jealousy of an old, handicapped man not even trying but having nice ladies offer him perks all the while making money off of them. However, learn what clothing and accessories are considered designer. Lulu and gym rat attire aren’t it.

-I just keep to my rule of only having a dog that doesn't require grooming. My old roomie's Labradoodle had the most expensive haircuts I'd ever heard of, but Baloo was adorable so it was worth it for him I guess.

-I don't get angry about using different lifting styles within the rules, I just don't like how people don't mention HOW they're lifting it because it makes a huuuuuge difference.

-Finally flying back to KW to get the rest of my stuff. Will be nice to have more than a couple duffle bags full of close like I've done the last two months. Going to cause me to miss a big meeting at work with the Lexington Sporting Club though which is a bummer. Putting together a HUGE program for the 800 athletes of different age ranges with our badass female trainer.

Really don't want to go back and miss the island all over again anyway so I'm flying in Thursday early and flying out Saturday early. Get to go "Re_UP" though which is a beautiful thing. 🚬

Rogue, son, I can understand your jealousy of an old, handicapped man not even trying but having nice ladies offer him perks all the while making money off of them. However, learn what clothing and accessories are considered designer. Lulu and gym rat attire aren’t it.
Dad, thanks for the clarification. In my world, nice gym clothes are designer because I would never buy actual designer clothes. Not a clothes or car person. I can make a clean button up work fine in my gangster ass KIA Soul.

• Haha
Reactions: btodd0224
Thanks for clearing all that up, son.
<Writes down needs to actually pay for designer clothing, start wearing cheap, tight, workout underwear and work on getting a gangsta Soul that I don’t have to pay for too.

Still like just taking their money and favors but I guess I’m wrong.

Reactions: roguemocha
I see Meredith from "The Office " getting cheaper paper and Outback coupons for banging the paper supply rep. That's not a pretty picture, btodd.

Reactions: august-west
* I didn't get to watch much of the Bengals game yesterday due to being a soccer Dad and then taking my wife to Carlo & Johnny for a $400 meal. But, in 5 of the first 7 times Burrow has been sacked this year he held the ball for at least :04. That's not going to work in the NFL, Joe.

The OL has definitely been hot garbage, though. The one OL they decided to keep, Jonah Williams, has given up 4 or 5 sacks in the first 2 games. smh. It's great that they went out and spent so much money on the OL, but it apparently wasn't efficient spending, like spending $400 on dinner for 2.

* Burrow's a little rusty still from not playing at all in the preseason after having the emergency appendectomy. They've lost 2 games on the last play of the game. They'll be ok.

Schedule is brutal, though, They likely needed to pull one of those 2 out. Gonna come back and bite them in the hiney hole.

* I did have the Lobster Burrow (6 oz lobster tail and 6 oz filet) in #9's honor last night. The crawfish topping and cajun seasoning on the filet was touching love. I had an Elijah 12 to sip with my crab bisque starter, then the wife & I shared a bottle of white from some place we had visited in NAPA. Lovely meal & lovely evening.

* 12 YO had zero sports over the weekend. 10 YO made up for it with 4 soccer games and 2 volleyball.

* New girl on the volleyball team's Mom reminds me of Olga Chocolate. Her body obviously isn't as good as the model's, but it's close enough. She is a smoke show. It takes a bit of an effort to look away. I feel ashamed.

* Working in CBus Tuesday & Wednesday, Chumps. I'm down with dinner & drinks in Hilliard tomorrow night if you're around.

* Gonna shoot some cars up in Detroit on Friday morning. Booker & geese feeder, you gonna be at the Auto Show?

* Speaking of shitty OLs, I'd like to come out and take care of business on Saturday. Northern Illinois is no joke. A decisive victory and no more touching injuries would make me happy.

* I love our frosh WRs. But I'm glad BBdK got on the horn and reminded the staff that #9 is pretty good and needs the ball.

* Anth, I'm back in the BTBC next year. Down 37 and counting.

* If you watched any of that Royal procession this morning and then didn't march around the house to that slow and steady drum beat, you are a stronger person than me. IYKYK

* Have a good day.

I see Meredith from "The Office " getting cheaper paper and Outback coupons for banging the paper supply rep. That's not a pretty picture, btodd.
Since I’m just letting them think they’re getting it for less it’s actually a nice picture. Thanks for looking out for me though. For the record I don’t get coupons or give them out.

If there was ever a spinoff of GYERO just following the trials of one poster- it would have to be btodd.

Had no idea he was into slanging consignment clothes... was still under the impression that he was selling mattresses.

If there was ever a spinoff of GYERO just following the trials of one poster- it would have to be btodd.

Had no idea he was into slanging consignment clothes... was still under the impression that he was selling mattresses.
Agreed. In my mind, he has always been the GYERO version of Creed from The Office.

Button up shirt or button down shirt?

I'd never heard of a button up shirt until a recent GYERO post. It was always a button down shirt to me.

Yeah, a little reading from a Google search tells me the difference is in the collar (whether or not it has buttons).

It seems really weird that I'd never heard of button-up shirt before. Dress shirt, yes. Button down shirt, yes. But not button up shirt.

I feel like my childhood was all a sham.

Weird facts:

Joe Biden is the first president to attend a British monarch's funeral -- because the last time a monarch died we didn't have reliable transportation to get a president across the pond in time for the funeral.

Joe Biden is currently 3 years older than Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. Clinton was elected in 1992. Bush in 2000.

This is not at all a political post beyond the fact that history is weird, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT