ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a run of the mill 48 degree drop over 36 hours coming up tomorrow.

sxjfU3v.png

Looking forward to that temp drop but of course it happens the day I fly to KW.

Speaking of KW, if I forgot to mention it I lived there, the ex and I went from Steamboat which was -4 degrees as we took off to KW which was 95 so a cool little 101 degree turnaround in one day in about 8 hours.

I'm sure @fatguy87 or whoever the big traveler is has gone from Sri Lanka to Marrakesh or something and there was a 212 degree difference though.

William, I don't need a geography/climate/topography nor latitude lesson sir, I just tried to think of exotic locations that he would go and now I've failed at that great...

-My small hometown is celebrating their 200 year bicentennial this weekend. They asked me to come and speak a little about my small business and what Huntingdon means to me. What could go wrong with a baseball card shop owner speaking to the town about a Facebook Live show full of foul language, bourbon and baseball cards?

-Will is skiddish with the line. You can see it. I suspect when you have millions of dollars on the line this is a pretty scary scenario to be in.

-Love seeing Hurts/Tua make doubters STF.

-Adnan Syed is a case of having a shitty lawyer and being friends with Jay Wilds. Glad he’s free.

-Anybody hear Rogue is heading to KW?

- @Joey Rupption why TF does every new “urban yp” apartment complex have the exact same “storage container chic” design? Surely, this has to piss you off.
The shipping container aesthetic is related to the greenwashing of shipping containers as an eco-friendly solution (FALSE) to housing. The YP market wants to express and advertise their knowledge of and the importance of their personal role in the zeitgeist. The zeitgeist is Climate Change. This is a way to pretend they are part of “the now” when they actually live in minimally themed Disney resort.

The shipping container aesthetic implies a carbon neutral ethos, which implies a reuse of existing materials, which implies an authenticity of materials -since it had to already exist in order to be “reused” - , which implies an authenticity of the entire space of which it is a part. - even though it is obviously a completely false application built on an absurd house of lies. (Apologies to Kooky’s rusty metal panel-clad bar.)

Last edited:
SEPT 2: Ball State
SEPT 9: Eastern Kentucky
SEPT 16: Akron
SEPT 23: @ Vanderbilt
SEPT 30: Florida
OCT 7: @ Georgia
OCT 14: Missouri
OCT 21: BYE
OCT 28: Tennessee
NOV 4: @ Mississippi State
NOV 11: Alabama
NOV 18: @South Carolina
NOV 25: @ Louisville

Last edited:
My house is made from 82 repurposed shipping containers and it’s taking FOREVER!

Boy, September has really shot to be the best month of the year by a mile. Best weather by far, sports are back, GYERO is humming, back in college was the best parties and easiest time to get laid before the really slutty ones dropped out. Just overall a wonderful time of the year

My wife dressing me like a moron for Halloween is a new tradition until my kids make her stop I guess. Captain Hook last year. This year I’ll be Aladdin which is better. My 1 year old will be Abu so very adorable of course

Cleaners coming tomorrow - which means the stressed out cleaning and my wife barking orders at everyone to clean everything up and put everything away has commenced 🙄

My wife is going on a yoga retreat on Friday leaving me with all 3 kids for the weekend and I can’t recall dreading anything this much in my life. It’s going to be absolute mayhem.

Weird facts:

Joe Biden is the first president to attend a British monarch's funeral -- because the last time a monarch died we didn't have reliable transportation to get a president across the pond in time for the funeral.

Joe Biden is currently 3 years older than Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. Clinton was elected in 1992. Bush in 2000.

This is not at all a political post beyond the fact that history is weird, man.
John Tyler, our 10th President of the United States from 1841 to 1845, has a grandson that is still alive.

John Kennedy was younger than the 4 Presidents who came after him spanning 25+ years in office.

Trump is older than 3 Presidents who were elected before him spanning 24 years in office.

FDR's age when he died in office after 4 winning elections and 12+ years as President is younger than the ages of 6 Presidents after him the day they won a Presidential election or re-election. (Truman in '48, Eisenhower in '56, Reagan in '80 and '84, Bush 41 in '88, Trump in '16, Biden in '20)

I too have to clean before the cleaning lady tonight.

It’s a real thing. Pick up the clutter so she can actually spend her time cleaning the dirt.
Yep! I wish the cleaning people would just threaten to come… because the house is perfect upon their arrival. That and before parties does the fear of (the cleaning) God mobilize the wife into action.

I draw the line when I see the vacuum passing around prior to the cleaners… WTF?

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Guilty on cleaning woman.

Industry with a plot twist didn't see coming. Good finish but fear it's run it's course with what drew me to the show.

American Gigolo had a good start.

11 am start in Oxford kind of deflates the experience of attending.

My friend owns a jewelry store and talks about how many cleaning ladies come in trying to sell silver/gold coins, earrings etc. daily.
Hospice care stole every piece of my sister’s jewelry as her husband died. Good folks.

*Finalizing plans for Oxford. Looks like we are nixing the RV and getting a VRBO. House is 7 minutes from campus and looks pretty bad ass. At $1500/night, it better be.

*Need to firm up this weekend. The cost of next week is kind of keeping me in Louisville this week. Never know. Last minute decision.

*Hate when my company slow-rolls travel expenses. I've been waiting two weeks for $5K from my shitty Savannah trip.

I would think the better weird stat for Padre to use would have been - Biden is older than the 4 Presidents(Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton) elected before him spanning 28 years - since he went with 4 Presidents for Kennedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT