ADVERTISEMENT

Rogue’s diary and daily adventures at the gym.

Let’s talk food.

What’s your daily menu like, Rogue?
Dear BuceeBRO,

Good Question,

I'm really boring and never TRIED to pare down my food so much just EVOLVED, like I did into a GORILLA, naturally.

Every day is 99% this;
Breakfast- 6 raw eggs I drink and an Oikos Trip 0 yogurt or banana (I'm a TOUCHING PRIMATE BRO
Gym
Eat the banana or yogurt I didn't have earlier with protein shake
Snacks B/F lunch-String Cheese or beef jerky/handful of slices of lunch meat
Lunch 1-2#s MEAT (ground beef/turkey/chicken with HOT SASS)
Snacks B/F supper-more string cheese or lunch meat slices
Supper-Another 1-2#s Ground MEAT.
Dessert-Cold Peanut Butter with FROZEN BLUEBERRIES & WHOLE MILK

Other BROS
have tried to get me to go RAW on the beef but I still want to enjoy SOME FOOD lol.

I'm probably around 3-4K Cals/Day right now and was at 6K/Day when I got up to #230 nut that was a lot of work.

But I ENJOY all that stuff and it's NO biggie for me to eat that daily at ALL. I eat whatever I want when I go out for food but steer away from Carbs/Bread etc still.

Reactions: gobigbluebell
dog-poop.gif

Reactions: birdforbogey
Dear BuceeBRO,

Good Question,

I'm really boring and never TRIED to pare down my food so much just EVOLVED, like I did into a GORILLA, naturally.

Every day is 99% this;
Breakfast- 6 raw eggs I drink and an Oikos Trip 0 yogurt or banana (I'm a TOUCHING PRIMATE BRO
Gym
Eat the banana or yogurt I didn't have earlier with protein shake
Snacks B/F lunch-String Cheese or beef jerky/handful of slices of lunch meat
Lunch 1-2#s MEAT (ground beef/turkey/chicken with HOT SASS)
Snacks B/F supper-more string cheese or lunch meat slices
Supper-Another 1-2#s Ground MEAT.
Dessert-Cold Peanut Butter with FROZEN BLUEBERRIES & WHOLE MILK

Other BROS
have tried to get me to go RAW on the beef but I still want to enjoy SOME FOOD lol.

I'm probably around 3-4K Cals/Day right now and was at 6K/Day when I got up to #230 nut that was a lot of work.

But I ENJOY all that stuff and it's NO biggie for me to eat that daily at ALL. I eat whatever I want when I go out for food but steer away from Carbs/Bread etc still.

I like that.

Eating the same thing is awesome once you get in that groove.

How much do you spend on groceries, @roguemocha? And do you buy grass fed or organic or anything with all your meats? Will you ever add back in vegetables?

I like plain norr skyr yogurt with peanut butter and frozen blueberries for breakfast. Try it sometime.

Reactions: roguemocha
How much do you spend on groceries, @roguemocha? And do you buy grass fed or organic or anything with all your meats? Will you ever add back in vegetables?

I like plain norr skyr yogurt with peanut butter and frozen blueberries for breakfast. Try it sometime.
Dear Brodie Sloot,

I spend too much on groceries for sure but it’s hard to eat cheap processed stuff anymore or regularly. It’s about $100-150/week I’d guess.

No grass fed/organic stuff I just eat too much to buy that and honestly I don’t care enough not to eat my usual meat. One day I’ll have a chicken coop though…

Never heard of that yogurt, I’m guessing you have to fly to Iceland to get it? Seems excessive for yogurt…

Veggies are for animals that are LESSER THAN US!!!!* I do like veggies but not a big enough deal to prep them, I eat them when I go out to eat but besides that not really.

*except Gorillas, they get a pass of course.

Whole Foods, rogue
Never been in one, or is it Trader Joe's I haven't been in? Not sure, but now that I'm back in civilization where those things exist I'm sure I'll check one out soon! Thanks for the reminder those are available to me again. Wonder if you're allowed in Whole Foods with a cutoff and short shorts? 😬

I used to work out like a fiend, and unfortunately as I don’t have time to currently do that anymore I really miss the gym, but I think I miss playing bball the most. Haven’t shot a ball in probably 5 years after playing about 3 hours a day almost daily in my 20s. Getting older sucks.

BasketBro,

I totally get it man. I REALLY miss bball too and there are no courts at my current job. Best cardio you can do where you're not THINKING about the fact you're doing cardio, I TOUCHING HATE cardio, but I'm like Wildcat WIlly, I'm going to start...tomorrow.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Dear Bro,

Today I was crushing HACK Squats because I'm like that, just loading out the machine right, bro? Well this DIMEY DIMERTON chick I met the other day **NAME REDACTED** comes up and says hi and reminds me it's friday and I should come by and see her at **BAR REDACTED** for Happy Hour which obviously I will. BUTTTT the point of the story is I was pulling a Plate off the rack but looking at her.

Well some MOMO didn't properly re-rack his weights and a GOODDDAMNN #25 weight fell on my foot that was in front of the PLATE. That HURT but I had to act like it didn't while talking to her.

Re-rack your weights properly BROS, PLEASE, you're only hurting your bro BROS.

Also, what's a #25 weight for? Door stops? HOld down your Xmas blow up decor? I honestly have no idea.

-you bros should check out tennis. Robust USTA leagues in Lex and Columbus...beats the hell outta jogging.
Dear BRUdd1,

I like tennis but the shoulder is shot for that. Now Pickleball I can swing and it's a lot of fun. Forgot about it since I left KW. Any places they play regularly for fun not necessarily league play?

Dear GymBRogue,

Your test level dropped 175-250 mg/dL for even mentioning pickleball. What’s next, touting the aerobic benefits of croquet? Sad.

Last edited:
Dear GymBRogue,

Your test level dropped 175-250 mg/dL for even mentioning pickleball. What’s next, touting the aerobic benefits of croquet? Sad.
So I'm down to 1350.... shit man. ALright looks like a Saturday test injection type week.

Honestly though ANY cardio is pretty limp-wristed but needs to be done, minus like REAL sports.

• Haha
Reactions: _Mav_
Dear BRUdd1,

I like tennis but the shoulder is shot for that. Now Pickleball I can swing and it's a lot of fun. Forgot about it since I left KW. Any places they play regularly for fun not necessarily league play?

-kirklevigton park is meant to be the stuff. Never played there.

-we have portable nets w/ lines painted on one of our courts at my place...usually play as a "warm-down" after a few sets of tennis. Get my # from 80 and hit me up.

-kirklevigton park is meant to be the stuff. Never played there.

-we have portable nets w/ lines painted on one of our courts at my place...usually play as a "warm-down" after a few sets of tennis. Get my # from 80 and hit me up.
Perfect BROvak BROkovic

It’s MONDAY bro,

After no lifts this weekend it’s back to the grind. Speaking of grinding, my joints feel like gravel so we’re switching to a new program of lighter weights and higher reps. We’re done with the PPL for a while. Need to let the joints and lower back take a break.

I may try the Bulgarian Style of Squats EVERY DAY but haven’t decided yet. Leaning more toward a straight cut get the vascularity poppin and what not.

BRO UP this week gang!

🦍 🦍 🦍 🦍 🦍

Also switched to BUCKED UP Pre yesterday and SWALLARED it down with some potent coffee and creatine, sometimes you have to test not just the muscles but challenge those ORGANS too!

BroSKi,

It happens man, daggone fball man. I had some of those Voodoo JUICE IPAs, like 9% on Sunday and after the boat ride and some greenery, was pretty well lit. Fell asleep before the Pack even closed out the stupid Bears.

BroSKi,

It happens man, daggone fball man. I had some of those Voodoo JUICE IPAs, like 9% on Sunday and after the boat ride and some greenery, was pretty well lit. Fell asleep before the Pack even closed out the stupid Bears.

Oh man, I was almost identical. Fell asleep during the Packers game and I was drinking Voodoo Xperimental IPA.

They must have poisoned that beer lolol

Also switched to BUCKED UP Pre yesterday and SWALLARED it down with some potent coffee and creatine, sometimes you have to test not just the muscles but challenge those ORGANS too!
Truth. I mean if your systolic doesn't spike to 220 and you're clawing your face off cause it's itching so much, are you really making any gains?

Well, the saying is, "better to live ONE DAY A GORILLA than ONE HUNDRED YEARS A SHEEP" so YES it is ALL ABOUT GAINS Mi CARNAL!

• Love
Reactions: _Mav_
Dear Diary Bro,

Did a STYKU 3D Scan today and BROTHERS and LASSIES, let me tell you, 17" BIs and 37" Thighs, add those onto a 17" HEAD holder, 33" Waist and SHEWWWWBOY HOWDY!

We're over here SILVERBACKING!

Speaking of silverbacks, do they call them that because their backs feel old and hurt all the time? Because mine does...

PRIMATE OUT

Not sure if serious, but the farmer’s carry is one of my favorites if your gym has the space. Pick up heavy ass weights, hold at your sides and walk. Walk till you can’t hold them anymore…rest….repeat. Mix in some inverse curls to hit the front forearm if you’re really feeling jazzy.

Not sure if serious, but the farmer’s carry is one of my favorites if your gym has the space. Pick up heavy ass weights, hold at your sides and walk. Walk till you can’t hold them anymore…rest….repeat. Mix in some inverse curls to hit the front forearm if you’re really feeling jazzy.

Although ripe for masturbation jokes I am serious. Not only would strong forearms be incredibly useful with dealing with my young kids and carrying them and their shit constantly but they are one of the very first muscle groups you lose strength in as you age. I also use my forearms constantly at work. I had this rope with a weight hanging off of it thing that you curl up that was great that I used to do all the time but they don’t have it at my gym and I can’t seem to find one anywhere.

I actually have a handle, rope, weight thingy that i made myself lol. That method is tried and true.

I also really like forearm curls on a cable machine to load up the weight. May want to exercise caution with this one if you have any carpal tunnel/wrist issues.

Dear Ron MehiBRO,

The broom handle stick with rope and a weight are great, cheap and easy to make and for SURE works.

The Farmer's Carry mentioned is a great one too, or don't even walk and just hold them til failure. Watch those Toes Bros.

Dead Hangs-Just hang from a pull up bar as long as you can and do sets like any other exercise.

Palms Up/Palms Down Wrist Curls.

Deadlift AKA THE GREATEST MOST FANTASTIC LIFT EVER CREATED is good obviously for EVERYTHING.

ORRRRRRRRRRR

You can roll around with various different CAPTS OF CRUSH Hand Grippers like I do and pretend it's '87 and you're in a TRANS AM with the gals breaking their neck to see who that slick FOREARM GOD is....

Keep CLangin and Bangin my Vanilla GOOOOO!!!!rillas!

Deadlift AKA THE GREATEST MOST FANTASTIC LIFT EVER CREATED is good obviously for EVERYTHING.
This. Hi-rep deadlifts are the best grip exercise, especially if you use a double-overhand grip. Will absolutely smoke your forearms.

If you don't have room for a bar/plates, Ironmind has a plethora of high quality grip and hand tools, or if you want low-tech (but brutally effective) just get a 10 lb sledgehammer.

Dear Diary Bro,

After spending the weekend in the Keys and eating my face off and drinking way too many CERVEZAS as the Hispanics say, I'm back at the gym and ready to really get back in the GROOVE it's time to put some work in and get the eating back on track!

Any questions, as Stapleton says, "FIRE AWAY!!!!"

Dang I found this thread and it makes me want to get back to lifting. Nearing 60 now, quit at 50 when I was stronger than I had ever been (for a little ole man). Loved the DL plug. It'll cure what ails you.

ADVERTISEMENT