ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, Baxter’s 942 is still going strong almost ten years in.

Try to make sense of it, but you can’t,

Meanwhile, Baxter’s 942 is still going strong almost ten years in.

Try to make sense of it, but you can’t,

Same owners as Manhattan Project. Good folks. Main dude is from Chicago and his wife is from here.

I haven’t been in Baxter’s in years but Manhattan Project is a dope spot. Upscale sports bar with great food, solid cocktails to appease the hussies, very good bourbon selection and 4 dollar 24 ounce draft domestos when the Cats are playing.

Sidenote: Watched a few games there this past winter. This talent in that joint on a Saturday was unreal. The Bonz would clean up.

Reactions: WayneDougan
What is the origin of the beef? Have heard about it for a few years but nothing specific.

I don’t know. Apparently, Shep said during a speech 10 years ago or so he felt more comfortable visiting Louisville’s practices than UK.

What doesn’t make sense is that Cal has a great relationship with Turner, Mercer, Padgett, etc.

Yeah, to be clear, I’m not putting this all on Cal. Shep is every bit as responsible … especially after how he treated Anth735.

Reactions: HUBER
HOT TAKE…

I don’t give a shit if we get Shep’s son our not. If there’s plenty of better options out there at guard, get those dudes instead. And it seems like we’re in on players that are on another talent level than Reed Sheppard.

We’ll find out soon enough how he stacks against the nation’s elite instead of playing well against the 49th District of Kentucky.

^^^Then you haven't been paying attention. Shep is a weirdo and I don't think Cal wants anything to do with him. Assuming he'll give a half hearted recruitment and little Shep will end up with UL, UT or where Pitino is. Not being a hater, just saying.

-Butchertown didn't close, did it? Surely not. Hopefully I'm missing the point of that post.

-Sidebar is a gut buster deluxe. I'll take Grind Burger slightly over it but close.

-Not a surprise but Loki is fantastic. Probably the best actor and character from the MCU.

-Introduced G to Bad News Bears. Thankfully I don't think he understood a bunch of it but PG certainly isn't what it used to be. Still a fantastic movie.

-Last year my natural wakeup have gone from 7:30-8a to 5:30-6a. After 6, I'm basically rolling around in and out of sleep trying to stay in bed. Not anywhere close to committing to that early of a wake up.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Shep is pissed Cal wouldn't be in his Zija downline.
There was a bunch going on.

He was part of that weird Alumni game that was after Cal's and made some pyramid scheme pitch at Halftime. I think he was pissed Cal wouldn't jump on. Then said something about feeling more welcome at UL. Other than Delk and Turner, Cal has had an arms length relationship with all those Pitino guys.

You know how Cal is, once the bridge is burned, good luck. No way he wants to be beholden to Shep. He knows what issues an in state legacy would bring.

There was a bunch going on.

He was part of that weird Alumni game that was after Cal's and made some pyramid scheme pitch at Halftime. I think he was pissed Cal wouldn't jump on. Then said something about feeling more welcome at UL. Other than Delk and Turner, Cal has had an arms length relationship with all those Pitino guys.

Think he publicly criticized one-and-done at some point too...

What is Zija and what kind of pyramid scheme pitch? I vaguely remember this.
Zija is one of those MLMs hussies peddle on social media. Some packet you put in water and turns it green. Complete horse shit.

I don't recall what he was selling, maybe it was some health product, as I'd had several draft beers leading up to that moment. Just remember it being really awkward at half time.

I believe Cal has been pretty good to the Pitino guys. Brought Turner, Mercer, Delk and Padgett onto staff right? I know Turner really appreciates what Cal has done for him. Shit, Cal even allowed Rex to come back after that bullshit in ‘14 (not a Pitino guy but extremely close to Pitino).

Cal reached out to Eddie Sutton for crying out loud. If Shep has a problem with him, he should prob look in mirror first.

I must have just missed all these things with Shep over the years bc I hadn’t heard of any of them. I seem to vaguely remember a speech he gave at alumni game but don’t remember the topic.

-Introduced G to Bad News Bears. Thankfully I don't think he understood a bunch of it but PG certainly isn't what it used to be. Still a fantastic movie.
I play “Weird Al” as PG music for the kids in the car from time to time. The other day, my son told my dad that he had “more Chins than Chinatown.”

Pitino had to RS a junior(maybe it was is actually SR year?) Jeff Sheperd just so he’d be able to play in his last season.

Be that committed to UK again or Cal has every right to look past you.

Even with what Diontae Allen is being asked to accept at least he is handling it like a pro. I have my doubts the Jeff’s entitled feelings will allow that to happen to his son.

- The height of sports blasphemy - 7 inning double headers and starting extras with a man on 2nd. Untouch this mess you created, Manfred.

Amen to this. Worst new rules of any major sport in many years.

~The hate on Simmons is overblown at this stage in his career. 16/8/8 (each year) guys aren't exactly falling out of trees and his D is excellent. Who cares if he gets 16 ppg from layups or 15' J's. *but he does need to improve outside the paint.

~I doubt it will pass due to the liberal ignorant basement dwellers, but Sen. Scott's bill to remove masks on public transportation should be a no brainer.

~Macy Gray...get the hell out.

~The liberal ignorant aren't having a good week when Bill Maher calls you out.

Game changer from Kroger...

Apr2020_8ozBottle_CFA_pdp.png

I honestly don't give a rat's ass about Reed being Jeff's son. I care much, much more about the fact that he is a legit top 40 player nationally who is from Kentucky.

Not counting Ramon Harris & Perry Stevenson who were seniors when Cal arrived, Calipari has had 3 scholarship players use up their 4 year eligibility at UK.

They are Darius Miller, Dom Hawkins and Derek Willis and it's no coincidence that they are all from Kentucky.

Reed Sheppard is good enough to warrant a scholarship to UK. Perhaps he won't contribute on day one, but there is a MUCH better chance that he will be willing to "let the cake bake".

I honestly don't give a rat's ass about Reed being Jeff's son. I care much, much more about the fact that he is a legit top 40 player nationally who is from Kentucky.

Not counting Ramon Harris & Perry Stevenson who were seniors when Cal arrived, Calipari has had 3 scholarship players use up their 4 year eligibility at UK.

They are Darius Miller, Dom Hawkins and Derek Willis and it's no coincidence that they are all from Kentucky.

Reed Sheppard is good enough to warrant a scholarship to UK. Perhaps he won't contribute on day one, but there is a MUCH better chance that he will be willing to "let the cake bake".

💯

Reactions: wildcat1973
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT