ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fine with casual Sunday dinner out somewhere but hosting a neighborhood dinner on Sunday night sounds about as appetizing as a Monday or Tuesday happy hour.

Laura Rutledge could move next store and ask to come over in a bikini while I grill chicken wings on a Sunday night and I’d pass.

And don’t get me stated on Monday or Tuesday happy hour event. I DIDN’T SEE YOUR RESPONSE WE’RE GOING TO DRAKE’S ST MATTHEWS FREE APPS AND BEER NEXT MONDAY AT 4:00.

Get fng pumped, toots. I want to go home, hit the pavement, see my family, eat an agreeable home cooked meal, and watch some tv before falling asleep around 10:00.

Btw, Vern is really minimizing the Fultz situation. Yes, he was injured.

...but his ordeal is/was one of the more bizarre sports deals I can think of for a #1/high profile guy. He's been gradually coming out of it for awhile now, but acting like "he was injured" and that's it, is a very weird and false take.

He was essentially Barkley with a golf club for a few years, that's not injury. Btw, seeing Chuck finally overcome that has been great, the mind is a wild thing sometimes.
But his was caused by injury, Barkley's was not. Fultz shot just fine at Washington. Then he got hurt and had to totally learn how to shoot again. It was a rare case but still rooted in injury to his shoulder. Simmons is like MKG, neither could ever shoot.

Reactions: Mossip
I will never understand Richie not playing golf. Truly bizarre, and after seeing the picture he posted of him and his old man playing years ago, it makes even less sense.

Reactions: 80 Proof
But his was caused by injury, Barkley's was not. Fultz shot just fine at Washington. Then he got hurt and had to totally learn how to shoot again. It was a rare case but still rooted in injury to his shoulder. Simmons is like MKG, neither could ever shoot.

Dude, there were countless insider "deep dives" The Athletic style into the curious case of Markelle Fultz.

As mentioned, he couldn't even pull the trigger on a FT, while still looking fairly normal off the contested bounce...for a LONG TIME. This was well after being 100% cleared and deemed healthy by the best athletic physicians in the world man....good grief.

You must be a cousin. He had some LEGIT issues going on upstairs -- I'm not poking fun one bit, it was brutal to watch, but gimme a break with 'getting hurt and learning how to shoot again'. LMAO

There isn't another situation like his EVER in high level basketball, b/c it was that unique. His injury certainly wasn't.

Last edited:
At least I have some basketball credibility. Your bball takes are all recycled/reworded BBdk/chad takes. You've never had an original basketball thought. Stick to cooking and traveling, Bourdain.

• Wow
Reactions: Geese Feeder
I chose you, toots!

1200px-Goh_giant_Magikarp.png

I will never understand Richie not playing golf. Truly bizarre, and after seeing the picture he posted of him and his old man playing years ago, it makes even less sense.

I stopped enjoying it. I will start again, older and wiser to better control my competitive temper.

Right now though, I’d have to sacrifice other things I currently enjoy more than golf. I run 6 days per weeks, lift 3 days per week and play tennis in the summer/fall and paddle in the winter.

The Lass is pretty cool about Dad time but right now with a 3 year old and 4.5 year old that are both wild hooligans if I was gone 5.5 hours every Saturday and Sunday she wouldn’t be amused.

Currently on Saturday I run 3.5 miles in the morning, then typically play tennis for 2 hours in the afternoon , feel amazing and get to spend time with the family by the pool.

Once they’re older, more self sufficient and probably want nothing to do with me.. I’ll be all in and try to enjoy it.

Reactions: wcc31

Loved Ritchie’s pics from Charleston. Glad he had fun. Couldn’t help but think this is how he struts around that place.

I

Is this a shotgun start playing on both nines? That's a lot. But agree, Wednesday is perfect.

Yup. 56 2man teams from start-to-finish & team match play within flight each week, play your own ball, aggregate points list for the duration + cash for low individual & team scores & gross/net skins weekly. Side bets out the wazoo.

I'm not aware of any men's league in the city, or anywhere else for that matter, that's even close.

Woodhaven had a similar "Men's Night" participation, 96 weekly cap, but blind draw scramble 6-somes...was fun on occasion, but not an actual 'league'.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
I’m fine with casual Sunday dinner out somewhere but hosting a neighborhood dinner on Sunday night sounds about as appetizing as a Monday or Tuesday happy hour.

Laura Rutledge could move next store and ask to come over in a bikini while I grill chicken wings on a Sunday night and I’d pass.

And don’t get me stated on Monday or Tuesday happy hour event. I DIDN’T SEE YOUR RESPONSE WE’RE GOING TO DRAKE’S ST MATTHEWS FREE APPS AND BEER NEXT MONDAY AT 4:00.

Get fng pumped, toots. I want to go home, hit the pavement, see my family, eat an agreeable home cooked meal, and watch some tv before falling asleep around 10:00.

Yeah unless it’s National Championship Monday and the Cats are playing, it’s a hard no on any and all Monday/Tuesday social activities. Just trying to get through them. Work out. Take care of work. Dad. Husband.

My thing with Fultz is.... injury or not... he's not that good. Actually, he sucks ass as far as NBA pg's go. So does Simmons.

- Neil Peart 2.0

- Met some friends who were in for a wedding downtown Saturday and tried hitting up 3 pretty prominent establishments in The Brown, 21c and Neighborhood Market at the Omni only to find the first two not serving until 5:00 and the third closed. Not sure if that's normal for these places or due to the labor shortage, but not a good look for the high end lodges. Can't think of the last hotel I was in that didn't start pouring at brunch on a weekend.

Settled on Sidebar and was turbo impressed by their brown lineup. All the ratites from the top distilleries and some tasty burgers as well.

- The height of sports blasphemy - 7 inning double headers and starting extras with a man on 2nd. Untouch this mess you created, Manfred.

- How long before 'Suns in 4' guy is on one of those PPV fights with a former fighter? Have to think that's in the works.

- Amazon Prime Day doesn't seem to be quite the spectacle the site cut its teeth on.

Imagine paying somebody on average about $35M a year who is scared to shoot even free throws.

For those that didn’t watch the game, Simmons was 1 foot from the basket with Gallinari behind him after a nice spin move, and Trey Young the only person around the basket but on the other side and Simmons passed the ball instead of dunking it.

He is that scared. I don’t even know how to describe that, but he answered the question in the post game and admitted he was concerned about Gallinari from behind.

Reactions: 80 Proof
- Met some friends who were in for a wedding downtown Saturday and tried hitting up 3 pretty prominent establishments in The Brown, 21c and Neighborhood Market at the Omni only to find the first two not serving until 5:00 and the third closed. Not sure if that's normal for these places or due to the labor shortage, but not a good look for the high end lodges. Can't think of the last hotel I was in that didn't start pouring at brunch on a weekend.

Butchertown Grocery, arguably the best or at least the toughest prime slot table in town the last several years just bit the dust.

Downtown ls booming.

-Sidebar is and has always been fantastic. Top 3 burger in Louisville & top flight bourbon & cocktail/beer program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT