ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mellencamp is fine. I can’t see how anyone could have a strong take on him one way or the other.
Yeah. It is like getting mad at vanilla pudding. Is he great? Nope. Can he make a solid pop song? Sure.

My 8th grade English teacher who looked like a massive bull dyke and tried to be the “cool” teacher made us do a project where we we re-wrote the lyrics for “we didn’t start the fire” for current events, it resulted in us having to listen to the song about a hundred times and listen to multiple groups of eighth graders sing it with their own lyrics about 20 times for a good month. F*ck that song and whoever wrote it.

Same but it was in fourth grade. We listened to that shit repeatedly as some way to teach us recent history, which wasn't a terrible strategy actually. We also sang God Bless The USA alot, which is a fairly contradictory message to We Didn't Start The Fire, but whatever. At least it was an attempt by the teacher to focus on active learning and using different styles of teaching to reach the kids.

The 80s were a solid decade.

Last edited:
That’s because you’re total white cracker and haven’t been able exposed to how Italian/Americans reference good sauce.
I think 99% of Italian-Americans say “sauce” and there is no word for gravy in Italian, but you watched the Sopranos and heard Tony say “gravy” and now you say it when you’re making your straight out of the jar spaghetti dinners.

-Tulip was on point last night. Best meal I've had there in a few years. Good for them, slugged through the last 15 months, and still slinging great food.

-6a wake up call came early after "Adults Night" at the pool. Pay to play though. Hour workout and in the office by 8a.

-I got a lyft last night in like 10 minutes from ordering. Pretty wild as a month or two ago they had no drivers.

-Not a seltzer guy but those High Noons aren't too bad.

-It's sauce. Regardless when it's served.

-I've gotten pretty good at actual breakfast gravy. Prefer chorizo as the sausage when I'm doing it. Outta work on from scratch biscuits.

-Good Lord, "Live From USO," the entire show this morning is about the mental health of the players. I get it, let's acknowledge it's a real issue, especially in the demographic watching, but this is depressing AF. I just want to see some highlights and analysis.

-Pumped for Olympics. Worship.

I think 99% of Italian-Americans say “sauce” and there is no word for gravy in Italian, but you watched the Sopranos and heard Tony say “gravy” and now you say it when you’re making your straight out of the jar spaghetti dinners.

Wrong. My fraternity brother’s great grand parents came over on Ellis Island and he could make some unreal stuff and that’s what his family called it.

The ideal:

“early” morning workout, nap later

Not the ideal but still good:

sleep in, workout later

The usual:

Get up early for stuff and run around all day and get neither

Reactions: Col. Angus
f66e9edc-d82e-41c4-9df9-81a411365edf_text.gif

I have 2 DH bottles that Krazy sent me for cranking out some warehouse plans.

DH toasted Rye batch 1 112proof
Heavy Wheat 119 proof

I recently cracked a Parker’s Heavy Char and a HillRock Double Rye Pick and is unfair to compare the Toasted Rye against these dudes cause they’re magic sauce.

the Heavy Wheat that Krazy sent is in my top 10 that I go to. So freaking good.

BBC Disco #4 is my favorite bourbon I personally bought.... and I bought a lot.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
Still haven’t cracked my BBC Phifer Pavitt XO. Was pretty cool bottling it myself. Waiting for the right occasion.

Nets... Jesus. I expect the title next year. Joe Harris is a butt-puckering pussboi. Honkey missed every wide open shot when dude was 50% from three for the year. Virginia...

Charzard FTW

Brother and BIL just left. Sat at my bar and watched the Islanders win and Nets choke. Effing hammered. Drank my last EC Grenade. Popped the Jimmy Red Corn pick. Had a flight where we built up proof and crescendoed with Stagg Jr. good thinking 🤣

Tomorrow the fam is taking Dad to Greenwich Village for Arturo’s pizza and some jazz. getting some sfogliatelle from Rocco’s. Learn.

Washed all three vehicles today (in and out) in 90° heat. Brutal. Adam’s foam cannon, Sonax leather, wax. Arms are killing me. Ready to fight Cobra Kai tho.

Took eldest to get fitted for Varsity jacket. Pussy magnet. You’re welcome, bud.

Go Suns.

I get the argument/opinion, but I’m not sold on Giannis/Middleton as their leaders. I know Holiday is a better floor leader than Bledsoe was, but being able to stay in front of Giannis with Ayton to help will be a major factor.

IIRC, Kwahi is out for the rest of the playoffs and the Clippers won’t be able to sustain that for a series even though they really played well without him. Utah just kept shooting 3s and Phoenix won’t.

ESPN tonight has Leonard definitely out for Game 1 and day to day after. I look at that as a wash with Chris Paul until one of them comes back. Without either Leonard or Paul, that seems like the Clippers would be slight favorites or it would be a pick 'em. With Paul and no Leonard, give me the Suns but it will be a competitive series either way.

In the East, tonight's game was to decide who makes the Finals. The Bucks will steamroll either the Sixers or the Hawks.

Btw, no one let Cal know that the Bucks play a 4 big lineup.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Had the privilege of riding in a 05 Ford GT tonight in the hills above our town. Holy smokes Batman! You know the scene in Ford v. Ferrari when Shelby takes Henry Ford II for a test drive? That was basically me. I had no idea. One of the coolest things I’ve done in my life without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT