ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought 'Sunday Gravy' was different or somehow extra special with time and love required than the standard daily sauce in real Italian families?

-The US Open even supersedes the local prime 6-8 NBC affiliate News telecast. That's what it do.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Speaking of “Gravy”, the southern style anyway, I’ve finally perfected my MawMaw’s gravy. A couple of heaping tablespoons of bacon grease, let it get hot, a 1/4c (maybe a little more) flour, cook that on low temp mashing it around until its a nice brown paste consistency throw in the milk, bring to a boil and turn down the heat. Gotta stir the shit out of it, though. Keep stirring until it thickens up. Throw in some cracked black pepper and put over some biscuits. Yep.

My dad cooks the best breakfast gravy I've ever had, without a doubt. He's sort of famous for it amongst his former employees and our country neighbors at the farm.

I can't cook gravy for shit. Really need to perfect that while he can still show me.

That sounds good.

It also sounds like gravy.

Well, yeah, that is pretty much what I was going for there, Chief

My dad cooks the best breakfast gravy I've ever had, without a doubt. He's sort of famous for it amongst his former employees and our country neighbors at the farm.

I can't cook gravy for shit. Really need to perfect that while he can still show me.
My man, learn now from him while you can. It took me many years to figure out my MawMaw’s gravy. She was old school, fixed a big breakfast every morning. Bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, homemade biscuits, gravy, the works....every damn morning. Lordy how I miss that when I would spend the night at their house, which seems like it was all the time back in the day.

I mean, I like to throw the sausage into it too.

Of course you do, wouldn’t expect anything different

- Man, I’m not so sure about all this recent attention. It makes it hard to perform. Kind of like trying to get a hard-on when you’re on the middle bed at midnight at a swingers’ bar, and all eyes are on you. The fluffing only goes so far.

- Came home Wednesday night to my wife screaming from the basement. I walk downstairs and there’s water everywhere. I inspect the situation and see globs of toilet paper and speckles of human shit floating around. Main drain line backup. Fortunately, it turned out to be the result of the three year old flushing his pull-ups down the potty, and not a collapsed line. My neighbor the plumber got a kick out of that when his augur pulled out three size 4T pampers pull-ups.

- But now, I get to rip out the carpet in the adjacent extra basement bedroom, because it’s f**king trashed. Was not looking to do this on a Friday evening. Tomorrow the drywall comes out. It’s a great beer drinking project tho. I’m currently 15 True Pilsners deep with a horseshoe of Skoal Mint in. My wife thinks she’s getting a remodeled basement spare bedroom out of this. Haha, toots. Joke’s on you. Enjoy the cement floor and bare studs for the next three years, or whenever.

- Good breakfast gravy is indeed an art, which is funny, because it’s really pretty basic stuff. Truly think it’s one of those things that love, and the subconscious influence of those who have gone before you, influences. My wife makes incredible sausage gravy - one of the reasons I married a Georgia girl. And the hardcore anal sex, of course.

- In all seriousness, her grandfather, who was a man’s man if you ever met one, made the most incredible Southern breakfast you could ever imagine. He passed four years after we started dating, and one year before we got married. Would make the most killer spread of gravy, biscuits, streak-o-lean (look it up - sublime). Owned a meat processing and distributing plant. Smoked his meats on this stone smoker/chimney he built himself. Korean War aviator. A true different breed.

- I don’t think I shared this previously, but in May my old man had this farmer deliver a full dump truck load of horse shit to his house. Ostensibly it is for his gardens, but the real reason is that he’s trying to cultivate magic mushrooms. He has the piles tarped, appropriately watered, and everything. We’ll see what happens. He got some horse shit from this same guy last year, and accidentally grew some somewhat decent Psilocybin. They were weak, but if you ate enough of them, it made Saturday morning bass fishing interesting. He also gave me a half ounce of homegrown yesterday when I had lunch with him. Not sure what I’m going to do with it all, as I really don’t indulge that much anymore. I mean, a half O is a lot of bud.

- Racoons been getting in my outdoor trashcans, so I set the tray of juice from my extra hot, extra wet 915 wings right on top of the trash bags inside the can tonight. Little assholes going to get lit up.

- Torndao sirens going off. Time to get the flashlights and the Clown’s bottle of gin from the freezer. Maybe the lord will take my house, and I can finally cash out and move to northern New Mexico. Taos. Peace.

Split biscuit in half, put some gravy on, cover with some gravy, put a slice of fresh mater on that, then more gravy. FTW. Good gravy is good gravy, bacon based or sausage.

Reactions: UK-BILL
The components of the Big Breakfast with hot cakes make the perfect breakfast meal.

- pancakes w/syrup and butter
- sausage patty
- biscuit
- eggs
- hash brown
- coffee w/cream and sugar

All you really need right there,

A few of us here have a standing 12 man DraftKings gambol contest for the Majors, and a few other select feature tourneys throughout the PGA Season.

Nobody cares about other's fantasy sports, but Chase's 6 man team is +37 after two days. I think that's a national record for DraftKings, which is a 20 Billion dollar company with a worldwide audience if you're scoring at home.

Nice picks loser lmao. Don't go broke in a Gambol Home.

When you look at Quick & Maxey, and consider we also had a Top 5’ish center and some decent role guys...

...there weren’t 5 teams clearly Better than us heading into March. And when you have a stud blossoming backcourt tandem like that - I think about this often given that’s the last actual basketball we’ve seen around here.

That team was 40-50% conservatively Final 4 That season. And at minimum in for an exciting run at it. Jmo

Maxey also put up the Billionaire stat line on Wednesday. 1 minute, and zeros across the board. So let’s not get too carried away here.

You’re such a contrarian dumb shit.

Maxey had a very good season. He’s a rookie on the #1 seed you buffoon.

He’s gotten High marks from literally everyone, and especially in ruthless Philly. Probably why he was trusted late to lead the GD team in a do or die elimination game.

Ursch scanning past box scores to make a “point” on a sport he actually watches ZERO seconds of: A Tradition unlike any other.

Any LaMelo (RUNAWAY ROY) bad boxscore updates?

Last edited:
The Down Home Toasted Rye wasn't that good. Don't know why you want to keep rehashing my take. Does it bother you that much? You get laid every morning and just bought a new house. Enjoy.

Also, FWIW, I revisited it a couple weeks ago and it's opened up a bit. Better than the fresh crack. Hope that spruces up your Friday, hoss.

Last edited:
Well, maybe if Doc played him on Wednesday then they could've wrapped the series up tonight. But you're right. Focusing on negatives while totally disregarding any positives is the true GYERO way.

You’re such a contrarian dumb shit.

Maxey had a very good season. He’s a rookie on the #1 seed you buffoon.

He’s gotten High marks from literally everyone, and especially in ruthless Philly. Probably why he was trusted late to lead the GD team in a do or die elimination game.

Ursch scanning past box scores to make a “point” on a sport he actually watches ZERO seconds of: A Tradition unlike any other.

Any LaMelo (RUNAWAY ROY) bad boxscore updates?
Don't forget how unimpressed he's been with Ja Morant.

Last edited:
The Down Home Toasted Rye wasn't that good. Don't know why you want to keep rehashing my take. Does it bother you that much? You get laid every morning and just bought a new house. Enjoy.

Also, FWIW, I revisited it a couple weeks ago and it's opened up a bit. Better than the fresh crack. Hope that spruces up your Friday, hoss.

Clearly my point was misunderstood. Your take, you stood by no matter what. You didn’t back track, apologize, or give any Fs. That’s GYERO.

The apologies yesterday between 100cat and Richie made me appreciate that more.

That was the f’ing point you self proclaimed bourbon note tasting jackass.

Last edited:
The Utah Jazz did what the Jazz do. That was actually hard to watch them fall apart like that.

Up 26 and to lose by double digits. Yikes! In an elimination game, shew some grown men about to cry a River in that locker room.

In a series Phoenix vs LA, I’m going Phoenix. Chris Paul leading them to the Finals in his first year will be something. Winning the finals though, that is a realistic possibility here IMO.

Reactions: VernHatton52
JCM is a better painter than musician. I’m with Duffy on this one... eff his over-fiddling-Hoosier ass.

DHTR was fine.

Reactions: rudd1
I really enjoy soccer but gdit if these guys don’t overplay injuries. It’s infuriating. A grown man pretended he got hit on the head and lied on the ground for over 3 minutes. I mean, in real life, would a grown man lie on the ground for three minutes unless he was literally unconscious?

For the record, it wasn’t the DH toasted rye, it was the DH 95/5, 9 year rye that I did a barrel pick on that Geese referenced as “lemon butter.”

Kooky does not have that bottle.

My 8th grade History teacher who looked like a massive bull dyke and tried to be the “cool” teacher made us do a project where we we re-wrote the lyrics for “we didn’t start the fire” for current events, it resulted in us having to listen to the song about a hundred times and listen to multiple groups of eighth graders sing it with their own lyrics about 20 times for a good month. F*ck that song and whoever wrote it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT