ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “there needs to be women coaching men’s teams” angle doesn’t jive with the “there should be more black coaches because the players are black” angle. You need to pick one.

Well my take it on it is that coaching a sport requires a significantly different skill set than playing a sport and therefore there probably should be more women coaching men’s sports.

Today is the 10 year anniversary for me coming home from Iraq. What an amazing day that was…and what a crazy decade it’s been.

First human Father’s Day for me as well. Will be working, but having dad over and slangin some pizzas in the Ooni in the evening.

Makala Maroney…shew.

Top 5 summer songs:

Magic-the cars
Summertime-fresh prince
Vacation-gogos
Cruel summer-bananarama
Playing with the boys-Kenny loggins

Also pizzaing, tonight. Made a biga last night, looks perfect this morning. I'm sure I'll touch it up somehow before dinner.
Summer F5 = pick any 5 from Monster Rally.

-My oldest started my morning a 3:24a after having the tornado dream and crawling in bed with me. Really thin line b/w my feelings that he won't want to do that much longer and get the f*ck out of my bed I'm trying to sleep.

-Was wondering if a 15 year old hears 90's music in the same vein that I heard 70s, or with the options available to listen to specific music, rather than surf the radio stations like we had to, are they completely oblivious to that stuff?

-Enjoy these loooooong daylight hours while they last. Just the best, man. Still light while having a cocktail on the patio at 9pm.

-Chumps is a lunatic but US Open coverage is by far the best. Late night Thursday golf? Yessir.

-Got out for a mid-week ride last night. First one this year. Such a good way to clear your mind. O/D miles are way off this year. Still crushing gym tho.

-I enjoy golf when I play. It's just behind a few other in preference and if you didn't grow up playing IMO it's a different level of enjoyment. I picked a hobby that allows me to stay healthy and can take me some cool places.

-A lot of 10 year anniversary and FB posts popping up that don't seem nearly that long ago.

-This post is making me feel older as it goes on.

-Quiet day hanging out with the fam sounds like a great Fathers Day. End it with an agreeable meal and wash it down with a quality brown water. That's just what I plan on doing.

-Picked up a projector and doing movie night tomorrow with the almost 6 year old. Gimme some good throw backs to introduce him to? He still needs to watch Goonies but with recent nightmares I may hold off.

-My oldest started my morning a 3:24a after having the tornado dream and crawling in bed with me. Really thin line b/w my feelings that he won't want to do that much longer and get the f*ck out of my bed I'm trying to sleep.

-Was wondering if a 15 year old hears 90's music in the same vein that I heard 70s, or with the options available to listen to specific music, rather than surf the radio stations like we had to, are they completely oblivious to that stuff?

-Enjoy these loooooong daylight hours while they last. Just the best, man. Still light while having a cocktail on the patio at 9pm.

-Chumps is a lunatic but US Open coverage is by far the best. Late night Thursday golf? Yessir.

-Got out for a mid-week ride last night. First one this year. Such a good way to clear your mind. O/D miles are way off this year. Still crushing gym tho.

-I enjoy golf when I play. It's just behind a few other in preference and if you didn't grow up playing IMO it's a different level of enjoyment. I picked a hobby that allows me to stay healthy and can take me some cool places.

-A lot of 10 year anniversary and FB posts popping up that don't seem nearly that long ago.

-This post is making me feel older as it goes on.

-Quiet day hanging out with the fam sounds like a great Fathers Day. End it with an agreeable meal and wash it down with a quality brown water. That's just what I plan on doing.

-Picked up a projector and doing movie night tomorrow with the almost 6 year old. Gimme some good throw backs to introduce him to? He still needs to watch Goonies but with recent nightmares I may hold off.
Sandlot, Back to the future, Raiders of the lost Ark, Goonies, Top Gun

1. Hot Fun in the Summertime-Sly and the Family Stone
2. Summer in the City-The Lovin' Spoonful
3. Summer Madness-Kool and the Gang
4. Summer Breeze-Seals and Crofts
5. A Summer Song-Chad and Jeremy

Reactions: m080470 and rudd1
Friday Driveby:

- Can all stores get on the same page when it comes to these chip readers? Some want it left inserted, some want it inserted and then pulled out, and others just want you to slide it through the side. Pick something!

(I’m fully aware that Doc Boat and others are going to have an aneurysm trying to quote reply that take. Go for it!)

- My 14 year old and 4 day nephew hit a 330 foot homer to dead center last night. He’s almost 6’3 and a lefty.

meanwhile my daughter is going to end up being a 5’10 Tik-tocker or whatever. She does run cross country for the social aspect of it!

- Anyone else’s kid scream “WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BOTS ON THIS GAME?!?!?!?!” from their bedroom at random times during the day? It’s never a “bot” by the way.

- Friendly tip: you can never be woke enough. The bar will always move. Always.

- Victim culture is the one way you can be the hero of your own story. Everyone needs to be a hero today so what better way to do it than overcoming “haterz”? Every story needs a villain.

- I am reaching the age where nothing anyone says or does is going to impress me, shock me, or disappoint me. Not sure if that is a midlife crisis or that nihilistic coming of age that UCL alludes in here from time to time, but I’m there.

- This post is getting darker and darker. . . but this will be my first Father’s Day without my dad. Facebook is flooding in old memories and photos. That’s the one thing they get right.

- Music recs look awesome. Going to try and enjoy a little me time this weekend and have one more agreeable meal off the old barrel shaped Chargriller. It appears I’m getting an upgrade on Sunday.

- Garage beers.

- ✌️

Friday Rando's:

- Go coach the Pacers corksucker

-- Two miles in on the mean streets this morning... it's proving harder than I thought to run out there when I can barely see my own feet,

--- My grandfather needs a heart procedure that he probably won't survive and my grandmother has skin cancer... been a good week on my elder's healthcare front.

----Rooting like hell for the Hawks... cannot stand Embiid's fat whinnig ass.

-----> Friday Five:
The Stranglers: Golden Brown
Sniff 'n the Tears: Driver's Seat
Sugarloaf: Green Eyed Lady
The Streets: Turn the Page
Outkast ATLiens

-------> If any of you can stomach soccer and have the time, Scotland v. England this afternoon, regardless of outcome, doesn't happen very often and will probably be rowdy.

Vacation-gogos
Cruel summer-bananarama

Good grief....that is awful.

~TBCF w/ the first hand knowledge smack down in the CFA thread.
~cawood with a 16 par / 2 bogey round at Big Blue....must have been a result of scaling back from Knob 120 to Eagle Rare.
~Stapleton at Riverbend and Clapton in Nashville tix in hand....normal life is now officially back.
~Happy pops day to all the dads, especially the newbies.

Slipknot was very popular with the kids wearing JNCO's and trench coats in the early 00's.

- Great list so far and I'll add Adventures in Babysitting and Teen Wolf to the gyero youth's film corruption education.

- Had a meeting with an advisor yesterday who's a huge Nittany Lion fan and was raving about Will Levis. Was pissed that it didn't work out for him in Happy Valley and figures with what Stoops has done on D we will be right there in the East.

Nice to hear traditional football fans/programs taking notice.

- Father's Day is a perfect excuse to fire up the Weber smoker and slow cook a slab of red meat while keeping an eye on the Open, base ball and the gold medal winning true pilsner.

- Completely slammed at work, putting in 10-12 hour days but on pace to smash 2020's W2, so there's that.

- 'A Pirate Looks at 40' still strikes a chord.

- Dropped all synthetic pre-workouts months ago for green tea and workouts have never been better.

- Metallica too tame for a 15 year old girl 😳🤣 - got a live one on your hands there Booker!

* Get it On - The Power Station
* Serpentine Fire - EW&F
* Shame, Shame, Shame - Ratt
* Burning Down the House - Dave Matthews Band
* Out of Touch - Hall & Oates

Tool is something else. I guess metal is the closest genre to try and place them into.

Just incredibly complex, worship.

Reactions: rudd1
- Lemon Butter

Yesterday’s apologies with hugs and pats on the head made me appreciate that take from Geese even more.

Seriously was there a need to step back from offering to knuckle up? Seemed appropriate.

Friday Five:

Lynryd Skynyrd- Gimme Back my Bullets
Waylon- Waymore’s Blues
Bob Seger- Against the Wind
Zeppelin- Over the hills and far away
Lynryd Skynyrd- Call me the Breeze

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT