ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm petty, phones being left around with annoying alarms just get turned off.

Actually, I remember more than a few times when AD was slow getting off the floor while at UK. One time MKG just stood over him and said, "Get up, man." He was obviously annoyed. Another time Cal walked over while he was on the floor and said "What now" in a fed up manner. It was apparent this was a common thing. AD is great but this is the playoffs. Everyone has nagging injuries. You have to play through some shit.
I don't remember that at all with AD. He did get tackled or undercut a few times, but I definitely don't recall him overreacting.

However, I do remember MKG reacting like he had been shot thru the skull anytime he felt some contact. It became commonplace to see him sprawled out on the court to the point that it was laughable.

Shorts:

- Portland IS built around Dame, you idiot. Thank God he’s not one of these pussies chasing rings and actually wants to beat the others.

- I’ve come to prefer a good cornmeal pancake as opposed to buttermilk. Don’t @ me.

- Versailles actually has a really charming downtown area. Wasn’t aware of that.

- My weirdo dog has developed this habit of fake-pooping where he squats like he’s going to poop then decides not to. This leaves me with the choice of pretending to pick up his ghost shit or possibly ending up on my neighborhood Facebook page as a guy who doesn’t pick up his dog’s shit.

- Daimion Collins is country AF. Hoping he’s a McDyess or Tyus Thomas who just figures it out and explodes by March or in Year 2.

- My dad’s Reds opinions are ridiculous but earned. That guy listens to or watches EVERY game from spring training to September. Doesn’t matter if we’re 35 out, he’s still bitching about the ump screwing the Reds with a shitty strikezone. Dude is ate up.

- Fascinated with Arch Manning and his recruitment. Put me down for Clemson with LSU right behind. To think Tennessee, could have been in the driver’s seat for him and Lawrence. lol

- I’ve got nothing for hecklers. Have always found them to be loser POS but a heated even nasty away crowd used to be seen as colorful. I could do without the outrage. You make $50M a year. Occupational hazard. Get over it.

- My wife does so much dumb shit that annoys me that I don’t even want to get started.

I definitely remember it. He's the reason we won a title so I'm not trying to disrespect him but nagging injuries have been an issue with AD. I wonder if he can't play through some of them.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Nearly as bad is his incessant whining about literally everything that happens on the court -- he's as bad, or worse, than Lebron.

He's the best actual player to ever wear a UK uniform, and gets an infinite auto-pass for what he did here.

I'll always root for him to do well overall (definitely hope they lose this series tho)...but shew, I can definitely understand how he's so unlikable to most everyone else.

Speaking of elite QB's, the #1 player in the country is named Quin Ewers, is going to OSU, and looks like this.

quinn-ewers.jpg

My memorial day brisket hit the stall for three hours. Just sat there at 165°. Butcher papered. Probed. Pit temps never exceeded 250°. Took an additional four to finished @202° and to the cool in the cooler. Missed the supper time for fam. Plastic wrapped in fridged meat overnight.

Sous Vide last night for 1 hour at 165° with 4 pats of butter and more course ground pep.

magnificent. My best brisket result. Stable temps, no rushing/peeking.

• there was/is nothing too endearing about AD’s personality. He mentioned money a lot. But he played hard and was a great player... the best ever at UK. I like him as a player, but I still would take other dudes as a foxhole guy.
  • Anyone watch DrDisrespect? Guy is pretty entertaining. He’s slowly going insane. My son worships.
  • Subwoofers - shewee. Add to your setup.
  • Birds are on a mission to destroy our cars’ clearcoats. I have never seen a bird perch on side mirrors to take a shit. We have a gaggle of 5 birds that are polluted. All 3 cars mirrors are layered. I’m constantly out there with a hose washing off shit. **** the chipmunks too while we’re at it.
  • Last little league game of season on Friday. My guy is signed up for Johnny Hustle Baseball Camp... he’s pretty good. There’s on boy who has a natural stroke. Tiny guy, viscous swing... pummels the ball.

Reactions: 80 Proof
- Jon Rothstein, man. Love the guy's passion for college hoops, but cracks me up when he tweets something like "NEWS: St. Bonaventure and Northern Iowa will begin a home-and-home series next season in Olean, according to multiple sources"....which he just did. Why is that series news? Why are there multiple unnamed sources confirming it? Because Rothstein, that's why.

- Have read multiple articles about why Dame wants to stay in Portland. The guy's just that loyal, and wants to do his own thing. If ownership goes sideways, or they don't consult strongly enough with him when they (inevitably) fire Terry Stotts, he may change his tune. But as long as they keep him in the loop and make a concerted effort to put good talent around him, he's probably a lifer.

- Does the younger generation even pay attention to who's on the mic during these games? I know they probably listen DURING the game, but do they pay attention to specific announcers like we did back in the day? We knew it was a big game when it was Packer on the mic, or Vitale. I always loved the Enberg/McGuire pairing for big NBC weekend games. Just not sure kids can even really name announcers anymore.

- Speaking of guys on the mic...wonder what Chris Cross is doing now. I mean, he was so, SO bad.

Shorts:
- Daimion Collins is country AF. Hoping he’s a McDyess or Tyus Thomas who just figures it out and explodes by March or in Year 2.

I think his season will play out very much like Jackson's did last year. Shows flashes early, potential is evident, some spectacular moments but keeps improving and comes on strong at the end. Only difference is Collins will be on a good team so that strong play down the stretch could catapult us to a special season.

Last edited:
I don’t think Arch Manning ends up at LSU. The Manning’s are bright folks and despite that being the home state school I think they view Orgeron as kind of a novelty. They caught lightning in a bottle with Joe Burrow and Joe Brady calling the plays. Brady is now the O Coordinator for the Carolina Panthers.

If Ole Miss keeps lighting up the scoreboard with Kiffin I’d think they could be the favorite, especially since Dad, Uncle and Grandad went there.

Reactions: bradyjames
I respect Dame for his loyalty to Portland, but I can’t help to wish he could force a trade to a team that could build around him to make a legit run at a Finals.

I am no fan of these “super teams” or whatever this generation calls the elite guys joining together for a run. However if there was a guy I’d want on my team over anyone else in the league Dame is that guy.

Well the problem is, he is a 31 year old, 6 foot volume shooter who commands 25 -30 shots per game, and does not really give you anything on defense . Love Dames game (ha , trademarking this one Dames Game), but he is just like Kemba Walker, and a few others, they are going to shoot you in and shoot you out of games. I mean Dame banked in the one 3 pointer, but the second OT he struggled. I know, without him they are not even in OT, but I have watched a ton of Portland games over his career, it seems like they all end the same. Something I noticed also last night is when he gets in those zones, he tends to get tunnel vision. And what I mean by that is he does not get teammates involved. I truly think when McCollum stepped on the sideline at the end of the 2nd OT, he was just simply not focused, not ready, he had been standing around watching Dame do his thing for the last 10 minutes.
He is a very exciting and when he has it going, is just amazing to watch, but he is not a guy to put a team on his back and carry it to a Ship, and he would never be a guy who would work or play well in a team concept of where he does not jack it 25+ a game. He is not a blend in, roll player guy, so even if he had a couple studs around him, it doesn't fit his game or style. Not a guy who can be the same if he only got 10-15 shots.

• Sad
Reactions: BristolCat
- Like I said after my trip to the desert - thongs are now standard operating procedure, regardless of whether that ass can back it up. Won't be long before SAE's clairvoyance of commonplace nudity come to fruition.

- Assuming the Lakers don't recover, how would you rank LBJ's time in LA? Missed playoffs. Bubble title. 1st round exit. Maybe he just needs one superstar to get over the hump?

- Hit up Louisville's Omni Saturday and was pleasantly surprised number of folks lounging around the Library Bar and Speakeasy. Felt normal. Definitely a cool spot for out-of-town folks to check out / stay.

- Two days of going back into the office and can make a ruling - it is not a more efficient use of time and doesn't add to productivity / sales. Cleary just a way for managers to justify their reason for existence.

- Worcestershire, Truff hot sauce, salt, pepper and a mix of 80/20 & ground sirloin makes the perfect cheeseburger.

- Woke up with a touching sore throat thanks to this February like weather :mad:. In three weeks when it's 95 w/70% humidity I'm going to bathe in the tears of all the fats crying about how they sweat like a stuck pig the second they walk out their door.

They just listed AD's injuries this season on First Take.

May 30 Left groin strain
May 12 Left adductor tightness
Feb 14 Strained Achilles
Feb 8 Right Achilles tendonosis
Feb 6 Left knee contusion
Jan 28 Right quad
Jan 13 Jammed toe
Dec 28 Right calf contusion

Street Clothes.... ha!

Wednesday Randoms...

- Shew-wee, a 5 day bender with my buddy who flew down on Thursday. Still on the struggle bus. Figured it was my last chance before baby #2 who arrives in 9 weeks!
- My opinion is most of the NBA players today just do not want to play. Have no problem collecting $40+mm check but then only want to play in 65% of the games. Have no idea WHY but just think it is a power play vs the owners. I was never more than a casual observer but not even that any more.
- Wife had to threaten to leave her existing Dr to get them to get their crap in order. Mis-ordering blood tests, not documenting conversations in charts, mixed messages, 4 month issue over a Feb blood test. She is the most patient person I know and she finally lost it. She threw out the "What the hell am I supposed to do" yesterday to them. Will see if any positive changes come about...she is pretty much pot committed being 31 weeks into it.
- Reds lost 17-3 last night. Jesus Christ.
- Get well Mags.
- Other than US Open, June and July are just brutal sport months. Get me to football season.
- FL legalizing sports gambling, should be up and running later this year. Surprised they are this far behind but will be a welcome addition.
- 2 year old started swim lessons. I'm not the biggest sentimental guy at all but seeing your kid do things well and picking things up quick is a "proud" moment I never thought I'd feel. Can not imagine when she gets older and into more competitive situations.
- Every week should be a 4 day week with Mondays off.

Who cares if Stevens gets the Duke job? Whoever gets it is going to be a step down from Coach K. I think Stevens is a great coach and yes would do very well at Duke but so what? He's not going to have some Wooden-esque run there. Hell, he probably won't even get to the level that Coach K did.

Reactions: m080470
My memorial day brisket hit the stall for three hours. Just sat there at 165°. Butcher papered. Probed. Pit temps never exceeded 250°. Took an additional four to finished @202° and to the cool in the cooler. Missed the supper time for fam. Plastic wrapped in fridged meat overnight.

Sous Vide last night for 1 hour at 165° with 4 pats of butter and more course ground pep.

magnificent. My best brisket result. Stable temps, no rushing/peeking.

• there was/is nothing too endearing about AD’s personality. He mentioned money a lot. But he played hard and was a great player... the best ever at UK. I like him as a player, but I still would take other dudes as a foxhole guy.
  • Anyone watch DrDisrespect? Guy is pretty entertaining. He’s slowly going insane. My son worships.
  • Subwoofers - shewee. Add to your setup.
  • Birds are on a mission to destroy our cars’ clearcoats. I have never seen a bird perch on side mirrors to take a shit. We have a gaggle of 5 birds that are polluted. All 3 cars mirrors are layered. I’m constantly out there with a hose washing off shit. **** the chipmunks too while we’re at it.
  • Last little league game of season on Friday. My guy is signed up for Johnny Hustle Baseball Camp... he’s pretty good. There’s on boy who has a natural stroke. Tiny guy, viscous swing... pummels the ball.
VIOLENCE! SPEED! MOMENTUM!

Reactions: Kooky Kats
If they are tapping Scheyer, that's basically out and out admitting they know whoever follows K is going to struggle so they might as well just call the guy Red Shirt Sacrificial Lamb, right?

(here for it)

Reactions: 80 Proof
Of course Coach K is announcing his final season 5 months before the season tips. He wants this farewell tour. He needs this farewell tour.

Also, I guarandamntee you he has as much say in who his replacement is as anyone at that school. John Scheyer? K.

If he’s successful, K’s culture and legacy is to be credited! If he’s unsuccessful, Coach K is irreplaceable! Never be another one like him.

Brad Steven’s won’t coach there as long as K is living. He would steal the headlines and that won’t happen. It can’t happen.

^^Just a theory, but it’s sound.^^

So, after next season we'll see a UNC-Duke matchup with Hubert Davis and Jon Scheyer roaming the sidelines?

Continuing to pimp the "mystique" of that rivalry will really test the talents of ESPN's Creative Content Division.
“It’s not about who’s on the sidelines! It’s about the name on the front of the jersey and the legends of history!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT