ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Didn't realize until this morning that Duke hasn't won an outright ACC title since 2006, and hasn't even won a share since 2010. No Final Four appearances since 2015. K is obviously on Mount Rushmore, but even as good as their recruiting has been, it's not like he's leaving at the top of his game. And this year's roster doesn't scare me, either...don't see Roach making the leap at PG, and no frontcourt depth.

- Each of the three hires has reasons they might be more successful than the other two. Woodson, for all his lack of CBB experience, has at least been the lead guy on the bench. He's called plays, called timeouts, managed playing time, etc., which the other two can't say. Plus, he already has a really good staff in place around him. Davis is coaching at a place where multiple coaches have had national title/FF success, so it hasn't been built around one guy. Scheyer has a year of lead time, and has been known for a while as an elite recruiter. I don't think any of them will kill it, but I think Woodson and Scheyer will both do fine, and Davis will be closer to Doherty than Guthridge in terms of results.

- What's nearly as strange to me is that even the staffs at UNC and Duke have always been UNC/Duke guys. Davis' entire staff is former Heels, and I have zero doubt that Scheyer will hire Wojo (assuming he doesn't have an HC job by then) as an assistant. As has been stated in GYERO, only Mark Pope seems to be on a potential trajectory of "former player coming back to coach Kentucky" (unless you count the NBA guys). But even if Pope did end up coaching at Kentucky, the assistants wouldn't be Oliver Simmons, Junior Braddy, and Carlos Toomer. You have to have at least SOME outside perspective, I think.

- Actually, one of Pope's current assistants is Chris Burgess. I remember when he, Elton Brand, and William Avery all visited for Madness back in '96. I was convinced we'd get all three. WHIFF. Nice job, Rick.

- Go to bed after Mavs/Clippers, feeling fine. Wake up....random ankle and back pain. This is 46.

- Fauci is putting out a book....lolz.

Last edited:
While he didn’t disappoint I will say this, despite his exceptional stats, his in game focus is lacking. He seems to get laze’ fair a little more than he should IMO. If he tightens that up and becomes efficient every play like guys such as Luka, CP3 etc I think he will absolutely be a top star in the league for a long long time.

I can see where 27/11/7 last night was a focus issue. Given this is second year, he most certainly should be doubling those stats in a playoff game. His 47 point effort a few games ago should have been 60 were he not laze' fair in key moments. I am sure the team will address these issues in the off season.

Well TBH I felt it was a bold take before, but now that you chimed in I’m quite certain I’m right.

I noted his stats don’t show what I’m talking about, and I’ve ridiculed PTI myself about what he does and how his stats compare to a 2nd year Steph Curry.

Clearly you don’t get what I’m saying, but I actually watch the games and don’t just check box scores for stats.

Thanks for chiming in, now GFY.

Last edited:
Re: Blackstone Griddle. I’ve been intrigued by it. Would be nice to have something that fires up fast without waiting on charcoals. I worry that it would just be a $300 bacon cooking machine.

Anyone used it to cook chicken? Steak? Etc?
Yes. Steaks, chicken, shrimp, scallops, fish, smash burgers, cheesesteaks, fried rice...

Its basically a giant cast iron skillet.

-applied for masters tix. I've only played 2 times in the last 5 years...but love being on the course for a big golf event. I've got a Ryder cup, 2 pgas and a memorial under my belt.

-i like the idea/gear possibilities of the outdoor cooking thing...but I'm *really* good in the kitchen. Use a Weber kettle when the Mrs is craving "grilled" food...buddy of mine is looking to upgrade so I might grab his old traeger. Not sure I'm up to the fuss.

Reactions: HUBER
The Traeger is about as easy as using an oven. Just shop vac the ash and keep it full of pellets. The app is awesome.

Only knock is doesn’t put as much smoke on the meat as you can with an egg.

I gave my old Weber away, and grabbed a PK charcoal grill. Best thing I ever did.
They’re pricey, but when I want to cook with charcoal (can’t justify an BGE) this thing kills it.

Never forget that a poster formerly known as UKO stated that the Ryder Cup
was a glorified exhibition match.

Actually, UKO didn't say that. What he did state, however, was a quote from one Tiger Woods and David Duval. Rory McIlroy has also stated this, but walked it back in recent years.

Gotta love Gyero...reading comprehension is never a strong suit.

I gave my old Weber away, and grabbed a PK charcoal grill. Best thing I ever did.
They’re pricey, but when I want to cook with charcoal (can’t justify an BGE) this thing kills it.
Dude, you threw out the rec for the old smokey grill years ago, and it was the affordable entry grill I needed. Left it behind in a move years ago and now I have a Weber performer and Blackstone outside. I'm still tempted to order a replacement; thing held temps so well. Incredible deal.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Old-Smo...F7cfRoh2FWNI05oA91UaAkoNEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Love Julius and he had a fantastic year and made him some cheddar in the process, but I read a stat that of the over 200 NBA playoff players to attempt 10 shots or more, he had the worst shooting % when left open (3 feet to nearest defender) and worst when wide open (6 feet to nearest defender). So it was not all on the supporting cast, he just got overwhelmed in the moment playing his first playoff series. It happens to the best of them. I read a couple articles (Ian Begley) was one, he stated the Knicks would be foolish to use this playoff performance against him and not giving him his paper and extending him.
But they have to sign some talent and improve that roster. Losing Mitchell hurt, Nerlens did a admirable job, just no one behind him. A lot of Meh with average role players, not even sure I resign Rose, he is very solid, but use that great year to bring in another top tier star to pair with Randle, hope Barrett takes another step. making the playoffs was never even considered going into the year, getting a 4 seed was just gravy. ATL. clearly had a lot more top to bottom and elite talent and depth.

Sheyer is not Coach K, but he has been around a minute, he will do a good job, actually pretty smart to keep continuity going with the class they could sing next year by promoting a guy who recruited / is recruiting them.

Luka is a bad MF'er, if Porzingas ever plays up to his talent level, good lord, they are going to be a problem. Luka needs spacing though, Porzingas has played well below his salary level. Need Finney-Smith and Hardaway to keep shooting and spacing the floor. KP is averaging 13.8 PPG / 4.4 RPG / shooting 26% from 3FG. Only scored 20 1 game (game 2). Games of 14,20,9,18, 8. He has to be more, and get on the damn boards, 7 footer averaging less than 5 boards. They are a Jarrett Allen type from really being dangerous.

Kawhi and Paul George just do not fit. They are pretty much the same player. Lack of depth is hurting, the Zubac / Batum combo needs an upgrade.

Last edited:
I can handle all that gay duke crap. Just reaffirms my stone cold belief that they are awful. I hope it gets tons of attention and all the kids see it.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I know it’s not real PC to say “that’s so gay” and shit but man.

That’s pretty “happy”.

Somewhere Nolan Smith is lying naked on a couch asking Jon Scheyer to draw him like one of his French girls.

What part of my post was "sad" as your responded to ? Tell ya what is sad, idiots like you being able to even get on the internet, much less post on message boards. Let me guess, monkey see, monkey do, you are just blindly following one of your idols ? Even worse, worshipping a poster on a message board. LOL, are you 12 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT