ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday shitdos:

- For what I know of Portland through MSM and learning they're also anti-pools makes what I saw last year out there make more sense now. It's tough to be angry sitting poolside with a frosty collide.

- Grew up with two standard pool rules, one which wasn't don't beat your brother's ass in the pool. No pool on baseball days and no swimming within an hour of eating. The second was easily defeated when that meant stand by your mom/dad and ask them what time it is on repeat.

- Battled something this weekend that has been a combo of covid/flu, strep and what my online FB degree would indicate Butthole AIDS. Probably have 1k is scripts I *saved* so prescribed myself some antibiotics Sat night and feel halfway normal today.

- Feel the worst of mental illness is yet to come. We spent more than a year getting fatter, more addicted to substances and had less access to medicine/treatment. You may think someone else's problems are trivial but rest assured, we're all going to have a hand in dealing with what is coming.

- Am 100% convinced regular exercise and a good diet are the balance to feeling well. You can add your therapy, scripts, home remedies or whatever you like but that foundation will net more positive results than just about anything else will.

- POS that murdered the girl down the road is being charged with 1st degree murder.

- Almost done with Startup on NF. S1 and 2 are solid. Little bit of a Mr. Robot and Bloodline feel to it. S3 is sucking the more Ron Pearlman is on screen.

- Got 2nd delivery of Delta 8 THC gummies and vape cartridges.

- UKO has the worst drive-bys in GYERO. Nearly everyone of them is cringe-worthy.

Ironically, the rate of suicide is probably higher in White Wayne’s neighborhood than just about anyone in here.

Ironically, the rate of suicide is probably higher in White Wayne’s neighborhood than just about anyone in here.
Nope... tragically, low income and increased suicide risk are strongly associated.

Plus, unlike the Highlands, St Matthews, Indian Hill and the "nicer" parts of of Lexington who put BLM signs in their yard, we actually live in a diverse neighborhood. Lots of Asian Americans here - and a lot of black families too. And Asian Americans and Blacks have significantly lower rates of suicide than Whites and Indigenous Americans.

Last edited:
I don’t think those giving this tennis player hell are being insensitive to mental illness at all.

I think the people giving her hell, correctly or incorrectly (I have no clue or opinion here), think she’s full of shit. They don’t believe her.

If they believed she had a true mental illness, they’d likely be sympathetic. I don’t think it’s a “suck it up” thing. They see her as a liar or exaggerating for sympathy or to cover her ass.

We’re a very cynical world these days.

Hey guys my neighborhood is super diverse, there are all kinds Indian and Asian Dr's. Just a real melting pot.
There's an Asian woman that lives two doors down from me that is NOT a Dr. Her WOP husband is though.

Good people. Had some EC full proof with them on the porch Sunday night.

Reactions: WayneDougan
I live in a Gayborhood with a full spectrum of diversity.

The elementary school I went to got its first minority student a couple of years after I went to middle school.

These two places are 30 minutes apart.

/random

I live in a Gayborhood with a full spectrum of diversity.

The elementary school I went to got its first minority student a couple of years after I went to middle school.

These two places are 30 minutes apart.

/random
Congrats on the gayness.

-picked up a pair of Altra trail shoes at J&H the other day. Comfortable right outta the box which is rare for me. Highly recommend.

You're welcome for the recommendation. Perfect for 99% of what anyone in this thread would do on a hike.

Reactions: rudd1
I don’t think those giving this tennis player hell are being insensitive to mental illness at all.

I think the people giving her hell, correctly or incorrectly (I have no clue or opinion here), think she’s full of shit. They don’t believe her.

If they believed she had a true mental illness, they’d likely be sympathetic. I don’t think it’s a “suck it up” thing. They see her as a liar or exaggerating for sympathy or to cover her ass.

We’re a very cynical world these days.
You're exactly right. That ^ was my first instinct and I'm not gong to spend the time to figure out if she is using it, which would be a really awful thing, or legit having issues.

Last edited:
You're welcome for the recommendation. Perfect for 99% of what anyone in this thread would do on a hike.

-just went backed and looked...and you did drop that rec. Subliminal, I reckon...tried 4-5 other brands before I landed on these.

-dropped a pair of redwing chukkas off to get resoled this am, had no site visits scheduled so I wore the Altra shoes all day. Magical.

-have a pair of German made Lowas that I'll use for winter/heavy pack trips...but these will do the trick for my usual 4-6 mile jaunts.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
We’re heading to KY to see gramma once school is done...visiting colleges & distilleries.

Nope... tragically, low income and increased suicide risk are strongly associated.

Plus, unlike the Highlands, St Matthews, Indian Hill and the "nicer" parts of of Lexington who put BLM signs in their yard, we actually live in a diverse neighborhood. Lots of Asian Americans here - and a lot of black families too. And Asian Americans and Blacks have significantly lower rates of suicide than Whites and Indigenous Americans.

Don’t forget you also have a local bachelor weatherman who throws ragers in the neighborhood involving UL football coaches causing fights to break out and the police showing up.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
I respect Dame for his loyalty to Portland, but I can’t help to wish he could force a trade to a team that could build around him to make a legit run at a Finals.

I am no fan of these “super teams” or whatever this generation calls the elite guys joining together for a run. However if there was a guy I’d want on my team over anyone else in the league Dame is that guy.

Reactions: WayneDougan
- Anniversary trip to Austin for the long weekend. BBQ, kayaking downtown, driving hill country, food trucks, Lake Travis, etc all with pretty good weather. Hadn‘t been in a while but it’s crazy how much that place has grown/changed.

- Ended up at a “trendy” hotel pool and was hilariously out of place. Roided out 55 year old guys hitting on 22 year olds while loudly proclaiming “I’ve got $160k, liquid!” is high entertainment though. Didn‘t know the high arching thong had made that much of a comeback.

- I’ve got a goal to break 80 on the course this year. Haven’t come close to sniffing it yet.

I think the euphemism that is being used now is PLAYER EMPOWERMENT, krazy. It’s a fascinating movement across all sports, but I feel it’s alienating fans and causing a disconnect to the consumer.

*Other Rainy Day Randoms

- Do we really need another chicken strip restaurant chain? I think we’re all covered now.

- When I was in middle school, our bus had rocks thrown at it after a basketball game against a district rival. My dad mentioned getting batteries thrown at him at this same place back when he played. So excuse me if I’m not all up in arms when Russ Westbrook gets some popcorn dumped on him.

- My wife has developed a bad habit of setting the alarm on her cell phone to remind her to begin small chores around the house or whatever. Of course, she leaves her phone behind most of the time, leaving me to scramble to find it and then turn it off. Anyone else experience this? It’s really starting to grind my gears. It’s probably what will start the “old man yelling nonsense at his wife” portion of our relationship.

- I’m never as tired at any other time during the year as I am in the last day of our kids camp. ~ 50 Kindergartners thru 3rd graders in one gym with me trying to run drills/stations. Wipes me out.

* And now some politically incorrect and/or hot tales:

- I saw a WNBA commercial where they were sanitizing the rims with Clorox wipes. Really, you guys?

- It has become increasingly more difficult each year to watch AD. I really want to defend that dude, but I’m beginning to believe that many of his critics are right. At best, he’s fragile. At worst, he’s soft.

I think the euphemism that is being used now is PLAYER EMPOWERMENT, krazy. It’s a fascinating movement across all sports, but I feel it’s alienating fans and causing a disconnect to the consumer.

*Other Rainy Day Randoms

- Do we really need another chicken strip restaurant chain? I think we’re all covered now.

- When I was in middle school, our bus had rocks thrown at it after a basketball game against a district rival. My dad mentioned getting batteries thrown at him at this same place back when he played. So excuse me if I’m not all up in arms when Russ Westbrook gets some popcorn dumped on him.

- My wife has developed a bad habit of setting the alarm on her cell phone to remind her to begin small chores around the house or whatever. Of course, she leaves her phone behind most of the time, leaving me to scramble to find it and then turn it off. Anyone else experience this? It’s really starting to grind my gears. It’s probably what will start the “old man yelling nonsense at his wife” portion of our relationship.

- I’m never as tired at any other time during the year as I am in the last day of our kids camp. ~ 50 Kindergartners thru 3rd graders in one gym with me trying to run drills/stations. Wipes me out.

* And now some politically incorrect and/or hot tales:

- I saw a WNBA commercial where they were sanitizing the rims with Clorox wipes. Really, you guys?

- It has become increasingly more difficult each year to watch AD. I really want to defend that dude, but I’m beginning to believe that many of his critics are right. At best, he’s fragile. At worst, he’s soft.
He was anything but soft in college.

Actually, I remember more than a few times when AD was slow getting off the floor while at UK. One time MKG just stood over him and said, "Get up, man." He was obviously annoyed. Another time Cal walked over while he was on the floor and said "What now" in a fed up manner. It was apparent this was a common thing. AD is great but this is the playoffs. Everyone has nagging injuries. You have to play through some shit.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT