ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Nebraska?
They have slipped from the top tier down to solid/above average. 9 and 10 win seasons are bad for Nebraska, but pretty good overall and that's been their average season since falling off.

Indiana has won 25+ games 4 times in 30 years and made it past the Sweet 16 once in the same period. Aside from the Finals appearance under Mike Davis, IU is basically Vanderbilt since 1993

Even though the Irish are pretty good this year and seem to have clawed slowly back, it’s hard to believe Nebraska has won 3 titles since their last in 88.

-Good reminder this morning that only one team can win the title. Needed that. Hope the kids enjoy the season and experience positive development both as a player AND person.

-Know I must be late to this but Greensky Bluegrass is dope. Converting rock to bluegrass, when done well, is pretty wonderful.

-Keeneland today for Dad. Ruby's tonight. I'll take it for a Thursdee.

-My dumbass UK Football fan heart says Cats W Saturday, but my head says to wait and see what happens with our QB. That said, we usually play well at home under Stoops and think/hope that'll get us back on track.

-Until May khaki/salmon/navy Duck Head shorts.

-Lifting weights again. Man, missed it more than I realized. Amazing how much better everything feels when I'm doing that regularly.

-I haven't caught the bourbon bug per se, but having Blantons and a couple Wellers around the house has really cut into my pilsner consumption.

-Chimney sweep said I have some wood in my firebox from construction (1958), thus making my chimney unsafe for wood burning due to the risk of it causing a chimney fire. K Thanks. Guess that's why I have insurance, Jethro. You and your insert brochure can GTFO.

-Lauer going anal on a casual hookup is pretty startling in and of itself tbh.

Last edited:
I mean, I believe the woman...but if you go back to having sex with a married man on the reg after he forcibly sodomizes you against your will, well that’s on you.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Some of those claw foot tubs just get beaten up until they crack. Then you haul them out in pieces.

Lauer must have a needle dick if he can just causally slide it in the anus.

MIL has gotten obsessed with Blantons because she thinks the bottle is pretty and likes the jockey and horse stopper. She has been going to Buffalo Trace on Thursday’s to buy a bottle until she has all the letters. She said if you give them a photo displaying all the letters and the bottles are unopened, then they will give you a free bottle. Not sure about that but should have a bunch of Blantons soon.

Reactions: wcc31
*Crew trip to wine country would be fantastic, rent house, get a driver, tastings during the day and cook a big feast while guzzling the days picks in the evening. Shew. Someone needs to organize that for next fall.

Rack that recap.

Lass and I been talking about a couple's trip to Cali wine country for a long time. Would be a great time.

Hey you stupid millennial bitches. The cliched term unicorn is supposed to mean someone who is extremely rare, in hoops, a skillset that has never been witnessed before. Therefore, you cannot have 25 unicorns in the NBA. You stupid millennial bitches.

9 and 10 win seasons have most certainly NOT been their average since falling off.
They have averaged 8.5 wins since Osborne left and 51% of those seasons have ended with 9 or more wins.

I didn't figure the median, but the mode and mean are right around that 9-10 win mark, so I assumed I had all my 2nd grade math averages covered. Some people are never happy, I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Tom Osborne beat a nasty Miami team for a National Championship wearing this polo
osborne94.jpg

Reactions: Brandan Stroud
The Huskers have exceeded 9 wins once since firing Pelini. (10 wins in their first year in the Big 10)

But they have had 3 more 9 win seasons to go along with that 10 win season in the last 7 years. (it feels like they have been way worse than that. Back-to-back 4 win seasons are probably why.

They aren't "Nebraska" any more, but they are much, much better than the shit stain that is Indiana basketball.

In closing, touch the Hossiers and touch Wandale Robinson.

-I haven't caught the bourbon bug per se, but having Blantons and a couple Wellers around the house has really cut into my pilsner consumption

Same boat. Pretty new to bourbon but those two are part of my rotation. Feel better after drinking a couple pours than I do after 3 to 4 beers.

My issue is pace. I tend to drink liquor at the same rate as beer. Trying to learn to relax and take it slow.

They have averaged 8.5 wins since Osborne left and 51% of those seasons have ended with 9 or more wins.

I didn't figure the median, but the mode and mean are right around that 9-10 win mark, so I assumed I had all my 2nd grade math averages covered. Some people are never happy, I guess

In other words, they haven’t averaged 9 or 10 wins a year.

Got it.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Wife is trying to talk me into going to Ireland the week of thanksgiving...not really feeling that’s the best time to visit there. I’ve done Europe in the winter, wasn’t really that great.

Seems a warmer destination would be more appropriate.

Wife is trying to talk me into going to Ireland the week of thanksgiving...not really feeling that’s the best time to visit there. I’ve done Europe in the winter, wasn’t really that great.

Seems a warmer destination would be more appropriate.
We were there a few years back and it was fine.

Tennessee has simply lost their recruiting base and it ain’t coming back anytime soon. Tennessee used to be able to go into North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia and get top talents. Now, with Clemson and UGA getting whoever they want coupled with Alabama and Auburn, UT is basically being walled off from most of the talent they previously recruited.

It’s great.

You could see Tennessee's downfall coming a mile away. Their in-state talent is clearly a big step back from Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. It's probably closer to South Carolina than it is those 3. Combine that with a 100,000+-seat stadium, and a fanbase with unusually high expectations = recipe for disaster.

Great. F them.

(ps -- they also used to recruit out West very well, for some odd reason. California produced all of the Clausens, and Oregon gave them Erik Ainge. For whatever that's worth)

No program is ever done in college football. All it takes is the right hire. Clempson was a punchline a decade ago. Georgia was good-to-mediocre for 30 years. Bama was forgotten.

Marry the right dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT