ADVERTISEMENT

Will George RR Martin Ever Publish Winds of Winter?

Will George RR Martin ever finish Winds of Winter?

• Bwhahahaha! No.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • After his death, his publisher will release some Frankenstein disaster

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Would you like another TV show or novella no one cares about? Here you go!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Maybe. I guess.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
It has been so long since I read these I can't remember much. I just remember the show. I have pretty much moved on. Not sure I want to invest that much time to reread them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank Camacho
I voted no...

I am much more interested in the 3rd Kingkiller Chronicles, The Door of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss, it is another that I am skeptical I will ever see.

It has been so long since I read these I can't remember much. I just remember the show. I have pretty much moved on. Not sure I want to invest that much time to reread the.
I'm getting there. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the first season of House of the Dragon. We haven't even been able to watch this season. To paraphrase Roger Ebert, to the degree I understand what is going on in that show, I just don't care.

I keep thinking I'll go back and reread the novels to try to spur some karma but I, too, think it would be a waste of time.

So over anything GRRM or GOT-related. It's a shame, really. He's a talented writer. First 3 books in the series were 3 of the best fantasy books ever written, IMO. Then a 5-year gap for book 4, another 7 years for book 5. Then the fatass decided to take a gigantic crap on his readership. GOT TV series was good for the first few seasons but ended poorly. Allowing it to overtake the books was lazy. Yeah, I'm a tad bitter. Not interested in anything GOT-related anymore, even though House of the Dragon is a solid show by all accounts.

Edited to add: Option 4 is the best answer, but the first 3 are acceptable as well. 😁

I’ve read the books a few times. Just re-read the 3rd one and started the 4th.

He introduces so many plot lines that I just don’t know how he wraps it all up.

I mean, the fourth book starts off with a faceless man stealing a key to the citadel.

I'm getting there. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the first season of House of the Dragon. We haven't even been able to watch this season. To paraphrase Roger Ebert, to the degree I understand what is going on in that show, I just don't care.

I keep thinking I'll go back and reread the novels to try to spur some karma but I, too, think it would be a waste of time.
I voted No. When the show ended and gave away his ending with Brand and everyone was unhappy, I think he was probably really disappointed and became disenchanted with it all. Besides, he is rich and old so why should he care.

I voted No. When the show ended and gave away his ending with Brand and everyone was unhappy, I think he was probably really disappointed and became disenchanted with it all. Besides, he is rich and old so why should he care.
I mean -- it is an objectively terrible ending.

Ending great stories seems to be almost impossibly hard. It rarely gets done. Ah well. When Game of Thrones was great, it was among the best fantasy fiction and tv I've ever experienced.

I mean -- it is an objectively terrible ending.

Ending great stories seems to be almost impossibly hard. It rarely gets done. Ah well. When Game of Thrones was great, it was among the best fantasy fiction and tv I've ever experienced.
Agree the ending is awful. I loved the books. Got his signature on first editions of them all. I do think Dance with Dragons is the weakest.

This is going to end as a Saw movie. Peter Dinklage will ride up to you on a rusty tricycle and inform you that Martin has died but the finished book is inside his stomach. Are you really a fan? Then you know what you must do. Play the Game of Thrones and get your hands dirty.

There are rumors that he has finally contacted some people for ghost writes. Speculation is that he's kind of close on Winds and no where near close on Dream. So some think he lets someone else write the drafts and then he punches them up... He is still acting like he wants to do 2 more Dunk and Egg books after Winds so he needs a younger person to make that happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT