ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s understandable- you’re only a fan of the most successful program of all-time during one of its three most successful eras ever. So hard being a UK basketball fan. Keep bellyaching, you little bitch.

Boy this is rich as hell.

Intentionally going into this season differently, for me. I’ve watched very little on the incoming recruits, and I don’t have much faith in Montgomery or Richards to be game changers, so my personal expectations have been lowered compared to most years. Hopefully this will trick my mind into enjoying this season a little more than the last few when we hit inevitable bumps in the road.

Bullshit

I’ll never understand the “not getting my hopes up” crap. Are you so fragile that you cannot handle the disappointment of a season that doesn’t result in a championship? Will it really be that more digestible if we lose in the Elite 8 if you came in with lowered expectations?

F you, Chase.

I wouldn't say I'm not getting my hopes up, but this year I don't plan on setting unreasonable expectations before I see them play. I'm hoping, for once, that I can maybe let the season play out, enjoy some games, and not spend my entire winter redassed when we lose a few games. I guess you could say a more "wait and see" approach is fragile, but I'm trying it out for my mental health.

And no, I don't plan to sit around chirping too cool for school shit about how Cal sucks etc... when we struggle, I'm solely attempting to move my mental state from belligerent psychosis to fan. There's a 95% chance I fail, and I'm furiously typing redassed posts after loss 1, but I'm going to try.

Also, please be so kind as to go get pumped, Chad.

Whitney = sophomore Alex Poythress

juzang = Kyle Wlitjer as a freshman

Hagans = sophomore Saul Smith

Richards = Marvin Stone

Maxey = sophomore Bogans

montgomery = Freshman perry Stevenson

These are my expectations for the players, and anything more will be a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: Mashburned
I'm shocked and hurt that you guys don't believe I can keep my emotions in check. I can't think of a single time I've given you all reason to doubt my emotional maturity.

Couple of playoff baseball elimination games tonight if you guys want a little reprieve from thinking about our basketball programs recent shortcomings

Brooks/Whitney are the interesting ones to me. We get one of these dudes to show out and we’re dangerous. Love our three guards and have a feeling Juzang is another Booker/Herro type.

Calipari's inexplicable lack of getting 6'7ish combo forwards is like a billionaire's version of Tubby missing on every damn power forward for half a decade (except Rekalin Sims!). (And leaving before Draymond Green got here!)

Then Calipari went out and stuffed an entire roster full of them. Going to be really interesting to watch.

Kind of has a bit of an old school Memphis vibe.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Remember that Duke game last year?
That was gonna be THE GAME I converted my boys into die hard cats fans. Let them stay up late on a school night to watch. Got us some snacks. Watching the game on our 2009 50” plasma mounted above our gas insert with a fire going. Couldn’t be more excited. Built it up all day with them. 5 minutes in I turned it off and made them go to bed. I went and played fortnite for about an hour before hitting the hay myself. Thanks coach cal for ruining my relationship with my sons

I sat directly in front of an obnoxious Duke fan who heckled us the entire time. Got into it with him in front of friends and family after a few collides. Touching awful night.

I WILL NEVER get hyped up for a young Cal team playing a marquee game in early November again. Not again, John.

* Breakfast is the best meal of the day, and it's not close. Even thoughtless meals, like cereal, are amazing.

* Blacked Raw and Blacked are two different sites? Because the former just seems to work out better for me, anecdotally.

* Rumors flying around that Matt Lauer anally raped his former co-worker at the Sochi Olympics.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...an-farrows-catch-and-kill-book-132749377.html

Pretty strong accusation there. Jesus H.

* Snoop's comments about the Kansas backlash are fantastic, and exactly what you'd expect.

"When you pay for Snoop Dogg, you gonna get Snoop Dogg,"
"The audience enjoyed that s---. I don't know what the f--- they talkin' about."
"And I wasn't gonna put no smut on their name and say that they did anything wrong, because they invited me to come do what I do."
"I had the time of my life."

Keepin' it real AF.

* Would love to see the Braves keep winning. What an awesome young core they've got.

* Haven't seen KSR's Arkansas breakdown yet, but they're batting 1.000 with describing opposing defenses as "bend-but-dont-break" so far this season, which is a complete horseshit, nonsensical cliche. I'm assuming the Razorbacks have a similar D?

* Does Counting Crows still make music? What a great 2000's band. If we could actually get Adam Duritz to step away from the hot vagina and focus on music for a bit, we'd all be better off.

I fully appreciate Cal for all that he does on and off the court. Not to mention all of the intangibles that come along with the job and being able to look the monster that is Kentucky Basketball in the eye and make it flinch. He doesn’t get enough credit for the on the court results over the last 10 yrs... Most regular season wins, most tourney wins, and most Final Fours and we all know why. 2015.

That being said we can all be critical over his preferred style of play in March. Let’s shorten the game, limit the opposing team’s possessions and play ultra inside /out conservative. Shit is really starting to drive me nuts. Granted the way the NBA game is played with more of an open floor helps but it’s amazing how much looser our guys look once they get to the NBA than they do at Kentucky. Perhaps Cal shouldn’t scream like a fng maniac during every possession and demand we pound it down low all of the time and just let our guy’s natural instincts/talent take over.

Cal has always evolved over the course of his career in terms of style of play or philosophy so I’m hoping that with this year’s personnel he plays more up tempo and outside/in.

Reactions: jayroon
The team had a great off season, really came together and got stronger in the weight room. Everyone's in the best shape of their lives. Really matured in the off season, and the freshmen are really coming into their own.

Looking to really push the ball this year, attack, and DDMO.

The team had a great off season, really came together and got stronger in the weight room. Everyone's in the best shape of their lives. Really matured in the off season, and the freshmen are really coming into their own.

Looking to really push the ball this year, attack, and DDMO.
Keep this in GYERO?

I'm no Matt Laeur fan, but that rape accusation is BS.
#1. She admits going to his hotel room. She claims it was nonconsensual because of how much she had to drink.
#2. She admits to having consensual sex many times after that with him.
#3. And the intercourse she admits was consensual, it was the anal she claims was forced.

Bitch looking for a Payday.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I'm no Matt Laeur fan, but that rape accusation is BS.
#1. She admits going to his hotel room. She claims it was nonconsensual because of how much she had to drink.
#2. She admits to having consensual sex many times after that with him.
#3. And the intercourse she admits was consensual, it was the anal she claims was forced.

Bitch looking for a Payday.
Isn't he the guy with the rape button in his office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT