ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 People I Have Real Issues With:

1. People who claim an alter-ego.
2. People with non-sports related vanity license plates
3. People who claim to “work hard and play hard” and/or advise others to “go big or go home.” (same person)
4. Precocious children in TV and film.
5. People who think “Coach” is a title such as Dr. or President.

1. You got something to say to me?
2. Not surprised Chad hates Veterans. Hippie.
3. Hope you’re ready to go BIG this weekend buddy. I don’t think I need to remind anyone what this weekend is.
4. Agree
5. Not mad at coaches.

Shew, still catching my breath from the weekend. DC was awesome:

Bourbon Steak-that place is on another level.

Segway tour was a blast. Best way to cover the National Mall, imo.

Went sailing on my buddies racing sailboat in the Chesapeake Bay. First time on that kind of boat. It’s fun, but man that’s a lot of work to go 10-14 knots. Think I’ll stick to motor boating. Still, pretty cool feeling to feel the wind pick you up and get tilted.

Pats/skins game was fun. Man that stadium is a dump and out in the hood, but you get a sense of the history. Loved watching the GOAT dice them up. Pretty cool seeing him hit Edelman for a TD right in front of me.

Trump hotel bar is very nice. Place is Yuge.

Pretty cool to be on White House tour when Marine 1 lands.

Now back to the man with the red right hand...

Bourbon Steak-that place is on another level.

Segway tour was a blast. Best way to cover the National Mall, imo.

Went sailing on my buddies racing sailboat in the Chesapeake Bay. First time on that kind of boat. It’s fun, but man that’s a lot of work to go 10-14 knots. Think I’ll stick to motor boating.

When Dr. Boat goes to Coopertown, this post will be on his plaque.

-molina is that dude that I "hate"...but wish he played for the reds, then i would extol the nature of his competitive spirit and old school demeanor.

-greenbrier trip was good. Beautiful setting. Bunker tour was neat. Prime 44 west was solid...other food was meh. Lost $40 over 3 days. Box has been checked.

-gearing up for middle school basketball. In district school is a bit more serious than the magnet. 6 days a week(and a few sundays) til mid December.

-there is no gray area on China/Hong Kong. Commies are bad.

I open Gyro for the first time in - a long time
and I see rudd saying things that just,......make me....proud....soproudrightnow

Reactions: rudd1
With K criticizing the NCAA and supporting the California law yesterday, it’ll be interesting to see if Cal comes out today as an even more “over-the-top” supporter. Kinda surprised he ceded that mountaintop to K with his earlier “no comment”.

Those Herro highlights last night were :flushed:, dude got whatever shot he wanted.

PJ also came out and made is first 6 FG the other night as well.

-Feel like Maxey is as much of a lock to be a consensus fan favorite as anyone we've had under Cal since Wall. Special kid & player.

l'm typically the "cautious" guy as it pertains to our squad heading into the season, but I'm more pumped about this team than I've been since the '15 squad.

Last edited:
Brooks/Whitney are the interesting ones to me. We get one of these dudes to show out and we’re dangerous. Love our three guards and have a feeling Juzang is another Booker/Herro type.

In the same breath, you jerk off Brandon Knight about 3x per year on average. Why does he get credit for clutch shots, but his overall play is completely forgotten.

Princeton: 1-8
Ohio St: 3-10
UNC: 7-18
UConn: 6-23

5-19 from deep (26%) in the FF.

The revisionist history on Knight is worse than any player we've had, imo. Black privilege.

Last edited:
18%

Sorry, I was disappointed in that. I figured most expected more. I guess people used up all their vitriol on Johnson and Hagans. :victory:

Reactions: SAECATFAN
For all the bellyaching I do - and will not stop doing - about John, I do like the way the team is constructed, so they'll probably be a pretty good team this season with a better record thanks to a weaker schedule and a relatively down SEC.

I can't recall a player at Kentucky getting more love from the journalist nerd squad without even playing a game than Tyrese Maxey has gotten. Usually it takes a couple months for the dorks to warm up to our guys but they've been absolutely radiant towards Maxey. Sam Vecenie LOVES that dude, so hopefully we don't play any religious institutions this year so he can watch the game.

For all the bellyaching I do - and will not stop doing - about John, I do like the way the team is constructed, so they'll probably be a pretty good team this season with a better record thanks to a weaker schedule and a relatively down SEC.

I can't recall a player at Kentucky getting more love from the journalist nerd squad without even playing a game than Tyrese Maxey has gotten. Usually it takes a couple months for the dorks to warm up to our guys but they've been absolutely radiant towards Maxey. Sam Vecenie LOVES that dude, so hopefully we don't play any religious institutions this year so he can watch the game.

It’s understandable- you’re only a fan of the most successful program of all-time during one of its three most successful eras ever. So hard being a UK basketball fan. Keep bellyaching, you little bitch.

Intentionally going into this season differently, for me. I’ve watched very little on the incoming recruits, and I don’t have much faith in Montgomery or Richards to be game changers, so my personal expectations have been lowered compared to most years. Hopefully this will trick my mind into enjoying this season a little more than the last few when we hit inevitable bumps in the road.

Intentionally going into this season differently, for me. I’ve watched very little on the incoming recruits, and I don’t have much faith in Montgomery or Richards to be game changers, so my personal expectations have been lowered compared to most years. Hopefully this will trick my mind into enjoying this season a little more than the last few when we hit inevitable bumps in the road.
18 wins tops.

It's not the start of the NBA season without some complaining about UK players playing better in the NBA than they did at UK. The first sign of fall if you will.

I enjoy the off season. I mean after a UK loss in the tourney I will stew about it for the duration of it but after that I find you just need to let it go. Stewing about it all summer and unleashing it as the season approaches seems unhealthy to me.

Stewing about it all summer and unleashing it as the season approaches seems unhealthy to me.

It's not as much stewing as it is 'revisiting'. Most of us did in fact take the summer off, go and do shit with our fam, sweat it out at the lake or in the yard, etc...

So when fall rolls around and the Cats' rookie class is coming out firing in NBA exhibitions, it' an auto lock that a bunch of us are going to wonder WHAT IF with an underachieving result in the E8. You're right it's like clockwork but I think you're mis-characterizing it.

It's not unhealthy -- it's therapeutic.

I'm gonna talk about basketball -- whether it happened last year or against Wisconsin in the F4. So please don't take this the wrong way when I say, 'STFU and deal with it'.

I’ll never understand the “not getting my hopes up” crap. Are you so fragile that you cannot handle the disappointment of a season that doesn’t result in a championship? Will it really be that more digestible if we lose in the Elite 8 if you came in with lowered expectations?

F you, Chase.

I mean I would hope so, cawood. Shouldn’t we expect that given his new lifetime contract?

I do hope you’re right. I’ll chill with the snark for now but GD it I’m sick and F’n tired of losing to Purdue!

I'm gonna talk about basketball -- whether it happened last year or against Wisconsin in the F4. So please don't take this the wrong way when I say, 'STFU and deal with it'.
I like how you edited that in to insult me. I probably never would have saw it had I not scrolled back up. Also kind of mean.

But yeah man I get it. I am still pissed about that 94 flame out. Bunch of bitches.

I mean I would hope so, cawood. Shouldn’t we expect that given his new lifetime contract?

I do hope you’re right. I’ll chill with the snark for now but GD it I’m sick and F’n tired of losing to Purdue!
I’m almost a half century old so I am very good about letting go of the past losses out of season, key being out of season. So, my redass level is low right now and the F’ing class he’s putting together has me rock hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT