ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
:fire:

DXpTX85UMAAeiEJ.jpg

If there are already 800, that number would probably go to 3000+ if no penalty -- which would be absolutely ridiculous, imo.

-Seems pretty obvious (both here and around the country) that The key to being a great/consistent shooter in March is clearly to not be a Freshman. :100points: Maybe one day we can not run guys like Quickley, Baker, etc off so that they can provide some of this down the road.

Until they let them make money off their image, hire representation, and restrict coaches from job hoping the student athletes should have the same rights as the coach or any other student.

Bbdquade

Anything that spreads the floor. Having Cal scream at Herro and KJ to drive the ball when we had two post players down there with their defenders ready to help and Hagans’ man cheating off of him was painful at times. Stick that dude in the corner and tell him his job this year is to hit 40% from that spot and crash the defensive glass. Run a high p&r with Hagans (after we teach him to dribble) and EJ and profit.

Until they let them make money off their image, hire representation, and restrict coaches from job hoping the student athletes should have the same rights as the coach or any other student.

No. They are not even CLOSE to the same as every other student, nor should they be treated as such given the numerous benefits they receive over "any other student".

I don't know what the answer is, probably somewhere in the middle -- but it's definitely NOT complete unrestricted free agency every season. [eyeroll]

Coaches aren’t unrestricted. If someone wants to pay their buyout then they can leave otherwise they are pretty restricted.

Is that not the purpose of what buyouts started out as?

So glad we added a Kentucky boy this year. Wish he would have committed here after high school, but really impressed with his determination in going to a smaller school and improving his fundamentals. So glad he could come home and play for the #BBN. His grit and leadership will be essential to the team next year. He just plays the right way.

Coaches aren’t unrestricted. If someone wants to pay their buyout then they can leave otherwise they are pretty restricted.

How many coaches are you aware of that didn't take a job because of their buyout? I can't think of any off the top of my head. The buyout is basically the new school's bride-price that they must pay the old school. Not much else to it, and I wouldn't call it very restricting in 99% of cases.

I’m not arguing that it stops a school from buying a coach out, but that is the point of it.

The idea of comparing players leaving to coaches leaving when buyouts were supposed to slow that down isn’t on the same playing field.

The justification for letting players leave was that coaches over recruit and have been known to tell players they no longer had a scholarship or asked certain players to take on a preferred walk-on status.

It’s a terrible argument but Bobby P just tanked at UL because of his buyout, and we all enjoyed the shit out of it!

Last edited:
I hate to nitpick but Urbs had already quit on Florida for a year when Ohio state picked him up. I'm sure they had to pay ESPN a huge buyout though.

Little worried about ‘cruitin tbh. That does NOT look like the type of kids cal got from 2009-2015. Kinda concerning?

Speaking of white people, Sophie Turner. Yikes.

Fishing shirt szn is here gang. Can’t wait to fire up the kettle this weekend and grill up some wings in my Columbia pfg. Knock back a few ice cold Mikes Hards. WWDT

Speaking of chicken, Gus’s = not even in Joellas’s league. Llama is wrong again, folks. Great guy tho. Love him to death

Anything that spreads the floor. Having Cal scream at Herro and KJ to drive the ball when we had two post players down there with their defenders ready to help and Hagans’ man cheating off of him was painful at times. Stick that dude in the corner and tell him his job this year is to hit 40% from that spot and crash the defensive glass. Run a high p&r with Hagans (after we teach him to dribble) and EJ and profit.

This is it.

Of course adding skilled players helps, and it looks like we have the pieces to improve offensively. BUT, Cal has to change his approach to playing offense or none of this matters. Stop forcing shooters to drive, stop constantly screaming at players who take deep shots within the flow of the offense, stop micromanaging every offensive possession, stop milking clock, stop insisting on playing two bigs, and stop playing not to lose.

In short, calm the F down and let your players play.

So.....the missing kid that turned up in Covington is actually a 24 year old dude from Ohio.

SMH at people that do this.

Of course adding skilled players helps, and it looks like we have the pieces to improve offensively. BUT, Cal has to change his approach to playing offense or none of this matters. Stop forcing shooters to drive, stop constantly screaming at players who take deep shots within the flow of the offense, stop micromanaging every offensive possession, stop milking clock, stop insisting on playing two bigs, and stop playing not to lose.

In short, calm the F down and let your players play.

:clap:

If you think Cal is actually going to spread the floor, start shooting 3's and get with the times (after years of him teasing it in the preseason)...

your a idiot.

All we can do is hope the amount of talent we have on the floor supercedes his will to slow it down, grind it out, level the playing field, atkot.

Basically win *despite* Cal is what I'm saying. Nice to say about your $9M guy with new lifetime contract!!

Season 2 of The Wire is an underrated pleasure. The list of Wire seasons is clearly this:

1. Season 3
2. Season 1
3. Season 4
4. Season 2

MINUS ONE BILLION
5. Season 5 where McNulty becomes a fake serial killer.

Season 2 is pretty damn good though. Ziggy keeps the whole thing together.

Reactions: paintrain_cat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT