ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wofford and Houston had top 20 offenses according to most metrics. Neither cracked 60 against Kentucky. There's some stuff I don't trust with this team, but right now defense isn't on that list.

Scoring on 6 of 7 trips to end the game will work too.

Saw something on Twitter where a guy from UVA did a 10-year, 1,000-game sample of times where a team played another team for the third time after winning the first two. They won the third game 72% of the time.

It's doable, and it will be done.

They'll be rallying and expect them to come out farred up for Okeke. Fully expect a fouled 3 pt shot in first minute and a quick foul on Peej or Reid.

We really need Hagans to figure shit out. Trust IQ way more right now. He's cool, calm and collected and will be fine to set up the offense against a team that literally watched UNC blow past them over and over.

But, that's not Cal.

Saw something on Twitter where a guy from UVA did a 10-year, 1,000-game sample of times where a team played another team for the third time after winning the first two. They won the third game 72% of the time.

It's doable, and it will be done.

How is that relevant again?

So some local Columbus anchors brought up that Columbus has hosted the first 2 rounds 5 times since 2004. No team that's advanced out of Columbus won their Sweet 16 game.

2004:
#9 seed UAB :)confused:) lost to #4 seed Kansas 100-74
#5 seed Illinois lost to #1 seed Duke 72-62

2007:
#4 seed Southern Illinois lost to #1 seed Kansas 61-58
#5 seed Tennessee lost to #1 seed Ohio State 85-84

2012:
#1 seed Michigan State lost to #4 seed Louisville 57-44
#11 seed NC State lost to #2 seed Kansas 60-57

2015:
#5 seed West Virginia lost to #1 seed Kentucky 78-39
#3 seed Oklahoma lost to #7 seed Michigan State 62-58

2019:
#1 seed North Carolina lost to #5 seed Auburn 97-80
#2 seed Tennessee lost to #3 seed Purdue 99-94

Reactions: gocatsdotuk
Watched the game in a hotel room... in the dark... with the game on mute... with young children and my wife in the room that were trying to sleep. If we had lost that game I'm pretty sure I would have put the remote through the wall.

This is maybe the most pathetic thing I’ve ever heard. Good lord Wayne. What a pussy.

What would you have done in that situation Mr Toughy?

Told them to deal with it? Gotten another room. Watched it at a bar. Watched it on my phone outside the room.

Any number of things, really. Just cannot fathom watching a game of that magnitude like that, different strokes I guess. :confused:

Last edited:
I was on edge pretty bad yesterday and the wife suggested I go elsewhere to watch the game and gambol because the nieces and nephew were coming over.

6 kids running wild and my pregnant wife knew that wasn’t where I needed to be, and knew none of these people needed to see me like I get.

Ended up going 4-0 against game spreads, but lost the halftime UK +2, clearly going against my own gambol logic.

Had a blast except that 2nd half collapse.

PJ————>Herro—————>Next!

Can't stress enough how much more I enjoy Nick and EJ when they're peppered in for 2 minutes here and there instead of playing 10 minute stretches. No more stumbling around like they learned to walk yesterday. They come in, get a board or block a shot, go back to the bench where I assume Cal gives them a treat and they can sit down next to Color Me Bradd for another half hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT