ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Genuine Original not on Apple Music? I mean, come-on man. Sloot, can you make that happen?

I don’t need new stuff from that guy...just lean into the fact that there is a whole generation of 30 and 40 somethings that want to hear you tell that woman to get out of your face and reminisce about a college Saturday night.

The Black Crow’s would have been a nice addition to the lineup. Probably not big enough for The Black Keys.

- don't know what to tell you
- maybe this isn't the place for you
- don't be stupid
- maybe take the week off
- learn _______

Depending on the context, that ^ kind of shit can really cut you.

Any other subtle yet pretentious jabs I'm forgetting?

Reactions: wcc31
weGtM8S.png

Good to see the condescension, elevated self perception, and contrarianism isn't limited to his online persona.

Maybe next year they'll give him a 14 hour Springsteen set with Tyler Hansbrough and Chris Lofton meet and greets.

SAE's brother and I once snuck into the backstage section Forecastle and had beers with the Black Crowes. Great guys. Then SAE's brother drunkenly bumped into a security guard who noticed we didn't have press passes and tossed us out with a quickness.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
After Travis, I’m a big fan of adding a grad transfer that can bench press the rest of the roster. Puss boi Richards isn’t ever going to “get it” and Sophomore EJ is going to need a lot of help.
No doubt. I think Cal loves having a bruiser in there. If he can't keep experience around maybe just keep recruiting it.

38% from 3
81% from the line

Won't scare off McDaniels or Hurt but I assume means we're probably not getting either. Grab and develop Todd and hope for a surprise, maybe Josh Green when Miller gets fired.

Reactions: gocatsdotuk
There’s a small group of us in the office that use “Learn Saarinen.” in a professional context as shorthand for “This sucks, start over.”

It all goes back to me being a dick to BBdK in a mattress advice thread, which they enjoyed, fully:

Learn Saarinen.

Learn "City: Its Growth, Its Decay, Its Future."

Then you'll learn IKEA.

It is a small group because most people are whiny art school babies. See: “Kids Nowadays” talk from earlier.

It's an obvious honk-on-honk comparison, but there really is a lot of Harrelson in that Sestina kid's game. Sestina has a quicker release, but just in terms of positioning, etc., the similarities are there. Looks to be a nice passer from the post, too. Has played reasonably well against high-majors too, so it's not like he's gonna be overwhelmed.

In terms of whiny bitch-ass students at UK, the architectural majors stood alone.

Have always remembered that when meeting an architect in the real world. Like, "Oh, this dude was absolutely awful when he was 18-22."
Now imagine being surrounded by them all day, and they’re pretty much all terrible and you’re the best. It’s a real sane man in a insane world situation and it is my cross to bear, IMO.

I'm a big fan of grabbing 3-5 sure-fire NBA killers with a combined vertical of 200 inches. Not really a fan of these 4 year players and grad-transfer honkies who work really, really hard. I appreciate their effort, but I would prefer they chase their dreams somewhere else.

Poor man's Luke Maye? Not as 'bouncy' or as fleet of foot but that first quick stepback J on the immediate catch was eerily reminiscent.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayroon
I'm a big fan of grabbing 3-5 sure-fire NBA killers with a combined vertical of 200 inches. Not really a fan of these 4 year players and grad-transfer honkies who work really, really hard. I appreciate their effort, but I would prefer they chase their dreams somewhere else.

All that sounds great, but when you whiff on those guys you do what needs to be done.

As far as grad transfers- I'll take a flyer on a big lumbering stiff whose primary function is to rebound and score an occasional putback or crip. When you put grad transfers in your backcourt and have to depend on them as a primary source of your offense- you end up getting whatever the hell Julius Mays was.

Looking through the recruiting archives, this Sestina guy wasnt actually even listed as a recruit in the rivals database but I did notice that in his senior year of high school, Ry McMahon was ranked about 50 spots above Admiral Schofield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT