ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a type of game, the way we played, you lose. We scored 62 freaking points with multiple long scoring droughts. Everyone usually lays one clunker in the NCAA tourney, hopefully that was ours.

Ron, I don’t think it’s fair to characterize the game yesterday as a “clunker.” It was a hell of a battle with a good team, but we were the better team.

images

To be fair, if we had PJ yesterday we would have effed those guys up bad.

Last night Clark said something standard protocol and Barkley responded:

“Well that’s why we’re here, we are not like these other stations feeding stories, we just call it like we see it”

At the time I was drunk and thought it was just a shot at ESPN, but I realize it was a shot at everyone in general which is awesome!

Agree with that, really thought our 2010 game with Wake Forest we were locked in but then WVU happened. I remember NC State in '82 had to go to double OT to put away Pepperdine but won the whole thing. Us against Princeton 2011, hundreds of examples where you can't look at one game and use that as a predictor.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Agree with that, really thought our 2010 game with Wake Forest we were locked in but then WVU happened. I remember NC State in '82 had to go to double OT to put away Pepperdine but won the whole thing. Us against Princeton 2011, hundreds of examples where you can't look at one game and use that as a predictor.

'83.

What’s interesting to me is that we just beat a legit Top 20 team without our best player and everything I’ve read has been about poor Magee’s bad luck. Any credit to our D has been backhanded at best.

Nothing mentioned about our best shooter’s 2-12 day.

Gameday was just very complimentary.

That was a type of game, the way we played, you lose. We scored 62 freaking points with multiple long scoring droughts. Everyone usually lays one clunker in the NCAA tourney, hopefully that was ours.

Our dudes were cold and Johnson was off but we played exactly like Cal wanted. Limit possessions, grind, wear them out. Great game plan and beautifully executed.

-Did Magee guard Herro the entire game because I felt like he did? If so it's a terrible mistake by Wofford's coach. Why wear your best player down on defense? Herro ran that dude to death on both ends. Cal basically sacrificed Herro for Magee.

-Worked on Glenlivet 12, red wine, and Blanton's.

Iowa put a lineup of five white guys out there against Tennessee in the second round. Is that the latest we've seen that in the tournament since prime Wisconsin?

The SEC is just doing what the SEC always does. Play up to expectations, show off the consistently great coaching across the conference, perform well in the postseason....

....why is everyone acting so surprised this year??

Learn SECitjustmeansmore

[pfftt]

Just got home and turned this on. Did I hear correctly that Grant has 3 fouls? How the hell did that happen?

I mean wasn’t doc and anth just talking about absolute worst case scenario for god knows what reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT