ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the destruction of Kansas basketball. With Chuck rubbing salt in the wound to top it off.

Cathartic.

Reactions: drxman1
“The fact that Kansas is losing by 26 points at halftime to Auburn simply underscores the magnificent coaching job by Bill Self this season. The fact that he got this patchwork gaggle of ragamuffins to finish 3rd in the daunting Big 12 may very well be the greatest coaching job of his Hall of Fame career. He is truly sublime.” — SPORTSWRITER

Good Auburn, meet Bad Kansas.

The lasting lesson of Bill Self is that the key to a journalist's heart involves a nice buffalo chicken dip

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
:cry: Those tears are so tasty.

“It just doesn’t seem right to end on a game where I go 0-for-12. If I go 3-for-12, we win the game,” Magee said after the 62-56 loss. “I just don’t understand how that happens.”

This was finally Magee’s opportunity, his chance to show the world that he was, in fact, the best shooter in the country. It took him four years to get to the NCAA Tournament and now all eyes were on him and his Wofford Terriers in their matchup against mighty Kentucky.

And he couldn’t make a single trifecta.

Just two nights after setting the NCAA record for most career 3-pointers, he set a record of a more dubious kind: The most attempts in an NCAA Tournament contest without a single one falling.

It was painful to watch, excruciating to see him struggle, sad to watch someone so successful throughout four seasons have arguably the worst performance of his career on the sport’s biggest stage"

Crush this up and snort it. Shew.

Reactions: Mashburned
- William Heavenhill and a couple store picks (OWA and Blantons) for dogdad last night.

- As has been mentioned, being alive is great but advancing is awesome because you get to enjoy basketball for another week, too. No way I’d be tuning in if we got beat.

- This MFing cast better have done its job.

- Few recall that Kansas was preseason #1. :joy:

Just a reminder to all the other husbands in this bitch, I somehow managed to ship my wife to California for two weeks in March, encompassing the SEC Tournament and first four days of the NCAA. Bow dow.

Party’s over at 4pm but been a nice little ride.

Amazingly, Wofford is the highest ranked team in the NET to have been bounced so far at #13. How the hell did we draw the #13 team in the second round?

I spent the weekend still looking for the one person who chose to drink Bud Light because they don’t use corn syrup and, as usual, came up empty.
I can’t speak for Miller beers but anything Coors tastes like it was brewed in a rusty cow trough

Im more of a bud heavy guy though

In the true spirit of GYERO oneupmanship, lass has been out of the country in Guyana teaching nursing students the last two weeks.

Comes back Wednesday...be a real shame if that shithole country went into some sort of political crisis with Venezuela and she had to stay an extra weekend. Real shame.

How the hell did we draw the #13 team in the second round?
images

Interesting that the first definitive interview PJ gave about his injury was to CBS.

Disappointing that the local / UK-related media couldn't get the real scoop on the only thing that people in this state have talked about for the past 5 days.

Wonder if there were concerns it would be reported accurately.

Maybe they should all stick to virtue-signaling, trying to rile up BJW with BS tweets, and shirtless pep rallies.

What’s interesting to me is that we just beat a legit Top 20 team without our best player and everything I’ve read has been about poor Magee’s bad luck. Any credit to our D has been backhanded at best.

Nothing mentioned about our best shooter’s 2-12 day.

That was a type of game, the way we played, you lose. We scored 62 freaking points with multiple long scoring droughts. Everyone usually lays one clunker in the NCAA tourney, hopefully that was ours.

I haven’t read all of the nerd college basketball scribes game stories yet, but the TV guys on the main sets recapping the games all night were very complimentary of our defense. Especially Charles and Kenny.

Those guys are used to watching high level pros and they see the game differently without the preconceived bias that predominates most of the college basketball media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT