ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Coach Pitino and his staff were not involved in this in any respect," said Louisville attorney Scott Cox, who was retained by McGee a few weeks ago as the book neared publication.

If this is how they play it, and there is proof out there that says otherwise, UofL is going to get crushed into a billion little pieces.

I am sincerely hoping that Powell, et al, are letting UofL hang themselves with this type of statement, and then will unleash hell with information not in the book.

Reactions: drxman1
Why on earth would HOFCRP go on that show during all of this? [laughing]
To say "I'm NOT hiding from this!" while only going on a complete homer show that will ask no real questions.

If the purpose of the book is to generate sales, why wouldn't all the most damning evidence be in the book? Why hold anything back? Again - if the goal is to have the most salacious, hammer dropping book - not to play gotcha.

It's pretty simple - if the texts in the book are between McGee and Powell - and easy to prove if they are, and if the wire is from McGee to Powell - that's game over. Cox can deny all he wants, but if those are all real (and of course they are), then UL's only hope is to go the rogue assistant approach. Good luck with that.

Ennis mocks Powell for not understanding game theory, yet doesn't seem to understand that her conviction would absolutely ruin UofL. UofL better be praying to Baby Jesus that Powell doesn't get charged.

-Meh, he's just going to keep trying to get sympathy from the fan base to save his job. They'll try to down play McGee's role on the team as not a real coach or assistant as well.

-Might need to add Goldenblocks book in there after I read One Summer and Dead Wake. Slogging through Devil in White City which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Need a change in pace from the Early 1900's reading I've been on.

On THE VILLE!!1!'s sister network, Jason Anderson seems to be toeing the Cardinal company line. Didn't take long for him to become a Louisville man. Disappointing, imo.

hahaha, so if Roy didn't know that thousands of players were cheating how could I know about the whores....

And now he's referencing the Pope.

And 911 and Billy Minardi.

This pretty clearly represents a change in stance. It represents Louisville going on the offensive.

Any major celebrities or politicians die today? Should we be discussing this? Is this classy?

Could someone offer a brief summary please? How in the hell did he work 9/11 into this mess?

Just when I start feeling bad for enjoying so much of their misery and putting myself in their place Pitino/ulmattjones goes and reminds me why we all did this.

Reactions: drxman1
9/11 was worked in because he was discussing this allegedly happening at Billy Minardi Hall. The dorm he named after his brother in law who died on 9/11. Also, if you want to know stress, this isn't stress. Stress is having your brother in law die on 9/11. He said he cried himself to sleep the night it came out because it was alleged to happen in Billy Minardi Hall.

-Can't be good for UL/Pitino that McGee isn't talking to them. If that's what he means, and I assume it is since he won't mention his name.

-I didn't tune in b/c I didn't want to give that GTL douche the hit.

PROUD OF WHAT YOU STAND FOR GET SOME SLEEP GET HEALTHY

Maybe it's the crappy audio, but it almost sounds like he's reached the doddering old man part of his career.

Reactions: jcrow10
I wonder if his wife cried herself to sleep at all in regards to Billy's death. Or in regards to anything else Rick may have been a part of. I wonder if Billy had lived if he and Rick would be really close friends now like they were then. Honestly, if I died and my best friend, married to my sister, cheated on her, I would want him to take my f***ing name out of his mouth, not use my death to garner sympathy every time it was convenient.

Wasn't Strickland Director of Basketball Operations whenever he got one of his DUI's? It seemed to be a pretty important role to the Louisville contingent when that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT