ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously heard of them, but couldn't say I knew a single Montgomery Gentry song before today... but I like what I'm hearing on this greatest hits album.

Because they all remember that Pulitzer the Herald-Leader won for taking down Kentucky basketball.

Have we mentioned MEGATREZ "Cornholio" t shirt?

Screen-Shot-2015-10-06-at-9.05.27-AM.png

"Once again with this new detail, the focus shifts back to the motivation of Mickey Maurer and potentially Indiana Unviersity."
[laughing]
uh, no you pathetic homer sycophant. Pretty sure the focus is gonna remain on your HOF coach & his staff using dirty heurs to touch (gyero!) high school kids in order to get them to play basketball for you.

Again, for people who are poking holes in this, they will say the photos do nothing other than show that they may know these women.
Good ... Well, they know these women. Who are these women, anyway? Are they, by the way, strippers and hookers being inside their dorm? Oh, OK.

Where were the supervisors? Who's minding the store?

[banana]

Reactions: _Chase_
Looks like he's also pretending to be in a gang to impress the ladies of the night. Check out his right front pocket.

Bob V also dropped some knowledge yesterday after talking about his brother getting railroaded by a editor with a vendetta... he proclaimed that it's well known that cancer % goes way up with in 2 years of a really traumatic event.

I honestly think he blamed the newspaper guy for his brothers cancer.

Reactions: BigBlueBrock
Bob V also dropped some knowledge yesterday after talking about his brother getting railroaded by a editor with a vendetta... he proclaimed that it's well known that cancer % goes way up with in 2 years of a really traumatic event.

Just said it again. Jesus, Bob. You really shouldn't go around saying that stuff. Jimmy has a good legacy but he was obviously bending the rules and got busted. Don't blame the someone else for your brothers actions AND specifically cancer. That's ridiculous and pretty shameful coming from someone who lost a sibling to cancer.

If he really thinks that, can you imagine the bitterness he carries around every day? It'd be like a GD anchor hanging around your neck. Shitty way to live, and super stupid to even believe that.

Mentioned that yesterday... I dont think anyone would argue that levels of stress can have an impact on someone's health, but yeah he certainly blamed the NCAA and media for the severity of his brothers cancer. It was just a really odd thing to say.

Ochs mentioned it earlier, but the tickets for trim is actually a pretty juicy angle, if they can at all prove they used the tickets. There's likely a paper trail for tickets, like how KU had to sign in McLemore's agent. That's basically money flowing directly from the UL AD to the pockets of hookers for services rendered.

I wonder when the NCAA is even going to reach out to Cady/Katina.

Reactions: drxman1
If these allegations were false, you'd think McGee, MEGA, Blakeney, Mickey, Chain, Terry, etc...would at least be threatening to sue her and the publisher for libel. If for no other reason than to protect their images. It's been crickets on that front, which is pretty telling, IMO.

If he really thinks that, can you imagine the bitterness he carries around every day? It'd be like a GD anchor hanging around your neck. Shitty way to live, and super stupid to even believe that.

Kind of hard to scientifically associate something like that, but it is rather well documented that people with positive outlooks and less stress tend to live longer, and have better survival rates when being treated for cancer.

Kind of hard to scientifically associate something like that, but it is rather well documented that people with positive outlooks and less stress tend to live longer, and have better survival rates when being treated for cancer.

Which is more stressful. Cheating and the constant stress of making sure you don't get caught? Or getting caught and dealing with the consequences.

Which is more stressful. Cheating and the constant stress of making sure you don't get caught? Or getting caught and dealing with the consequences.
The former. Which is why so many people just confess as soon as they're confronted imo

Reactions: _Chase_
Reading up on that NC State case is interesting when a lot of the problems are still being discussed today without a solution.

The cynical one is hardly original: drop the facade, face the music and pay the players their market value. Rather than let Nike pay Valvano $150,000 to force his players to wear Nike equipment on the court (And planes--for "team unity," according to Valvano.), let the "amateurs" endorse their own products. This plan, of course, will never happen.

Much of his idealistic 11-point plan is equally unrealistic. Eliminate weekday games? Split tournament TV revenue equally among all teams? Even Lehigh? Eliminate booster groups? Appoint Dan Quayle "ombudsman for college athletes?"

I read the Valvano book a few years ago. I love a good 80s college athletics scandal, but it was pretty poorly written. Certainly no Raw Recruits.

the valvano book by peter golenbock (personal fouls) was most certainly NOT poorly written. great book by a very accomplished journalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT