ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order any draft beer you want, just don’t....

- ask for a water
- tip less than 22%
- sit down within 30 minutes of close
- ask to plug your phone in behind the bar
- order food
- ask for directions
- snap your fingers to get attention
- ask for multiple lime wedges
- split checks
- order a drink from the barback
- try to bum a light
- ask what’s on tap
- send a drink back that doesn’t taste right

[eyeroll]

Have had quite enough of all the "I want whatever's best for the kids, PJ won't play, Herro gone, etc." crap - which seems to come primarily from anth, with a few others not far behind.

Actually, selfishly, I want what's best for the team I've invested the past 43 years rooting for. Kids too, of course - but they come and go. I trust Cal to look out for them, so I don't have to.

If you KNOW something for a FACT, then fine - have at it. But you don't - nobody does yet. Not Kyle Tucker, not the doctors, not Cal, not PJ. Guess what? It's not next Friday yet.

Cut the virtue-signaling and bullshit moralizing.

It's nothing but garbage and needless noise.

The founder of Liberty once said that people who look like me were the by-products of sin.

But did you see that fat guy on their team? I'm rolling with him.

Reactions: _Chase_
77 and 95 made me sick - my 2 worst losses ever at the time. But it wasn't until the 98 FF - both before and after the games - that I really experienced the range of their fans initiating shit-talk.

Being in the UK student section in Indy in 97 and SA in 98 and chanting "go home tar heels, season's over" is something every college student should get to experience.

My boy Sam hasn’t mentioned it, and won’t. He doesn’t belong in that group, he’s just a nerd.

He hasn’t mentioned the game because, as he said on one of Dauster’s podcasts this week, he “refuses to normalize” them, he refuses to watch them, he refuses to to discuss them, and he refuses to tweet about them.

When he said this, Dauster commended him on his bravery.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Ah yes, perfect time for a media manufactured fued between #BBN and their star player, and his parents. PJ retweeting his dad's stern words to the fans the day before our second tournament game.

March.

PJ came back. He played hurt - postponed surgery - at the end last year and didn’t make excuses. Forget the FT’s he showed out against K state when everyone else had deer in the headlights look. Had a rough start to the year and didn’t checkout but made a push for SEC POY.

His dad has been nothing but a mouth piece for Cal and UK while he’s been here. IMO, kid has some equity, unlike Vanderbilt.

Team Tony on this topic.

PJ came back. He played hurt - postponed surgery - at the end last year and didn’t make excuses. Forget the FT’s he showed out against K state when everyone else had deer in the headlights look. Had a rough start to the year and didn’t checkout but made a push for SEC POY.

His dad has been nothing but a mouth piece for Cal and UK while he’s been here. IMO, kid has some equity, unlike Vanderbilt.

Team Tony on this topic.

Rack 'em.

Reactions: chitown87
Have had quite enough of all the "I want whatever's best for the kids, PJ won't play, Herro gone, etc." crap - which seems to come primarily from anth, with a few others not far behind.

Actually, selfishly, I want what's best for the team I've invested the past 43 years rooting for. Kids too, of course - but they come and go. I trust Cal to look out for them, so I don't have to.

If you KNOW something for a FACT, then fine - have at it. But you don't - nobody does yet. Not Kyle Tucker, not the doctors, not Cal, not PJ. Guess what? It's not next Friday yet.

Cut the virtue-signaling and bullshit moralizing.

It's nothing but garbage and needless noise.
Yeah, excuse me for being a proponent of the people that don't get paid to supply us with our main form of entertainment.

I'd like PJ to play as much as anyone but attacking his character 6 days after an injury is a bit shallow and I'm going to call people on it.

Haven't read Twitter, and this is why I'm not on it. Also not questioning PJ's toughness.

But I want whatever is best for the media, of course.

Whatever it takes for them to awkwardly press themselves on peripheral people and cajole them into giving random quotes, so they can stir shit, manufacture chaos, and generate retweets and likes for their own benefit - that's what's really important.

As long as the Kyle Tuckers of the world feel like winners in this tournament- those are the real Shining Moments.

Yes, I was there too. Their worst ever non-conference home loss at the time. That was the legendary shuttle ride from Franklin Street (Spanky's) to the Dean Dome.

8 of us Cat fans got on the shuttle and went straight to the back, silently. As they always do, the UNC fans started talking shit to us. They just can't seem to help themselves.

I had a box of 100 copies of The Quiz, which I had pre-printed at Kinko's in Lexington 2 days prior, in booklet form with baby blue covers.

With a smile, I walked up and down the aisle of the shuttle, and handed them to every person who would take one. "Tar Heel Basketball: The Facts Behind The Myth".

The bus got silent as people skimmed it over. Then, various curses and sounds of the papers being pitched to the ground as those idiots realized what they were reading.

After the victory, we dropped copies all over Franklin Street, and all over The Carolina Inn. I'm not usually a big shit-talker, but had endured so much over the years from tar heel fans at tournament sites, those F'ers deserved every bit of it.

Remember, this was only 4 days after the Crispin Brothers loss in Rupp, but our UNC trip was already planned. Bold move, we stuck ourselves out there.

Easily one of the best days of my sports fan life. Of regular season games, probably #1.

Man, EFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Carolina. Sanctimonious self righteous bastards.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
OK, anth - I just read KSR and I see we're talking about 2 different things. I completely agree on idiot fans / BJWs attacking PJ. I actually did not realize that was going on (grain of salt - is KSR generating even more conflict/BS? Can't imagine).

My point was I'm just sick of the speculation, because nobody knows anything.

I maintain, Twitter is the worst thing to happen to society in the past decade, if not century.

Certainly not cheering against OSU Sunday. That would be idea for us with PJ on a scooter.

Sorry Willy

Lower seeded teams went 8-8 today...

Even more impressive win you consider 6 of the 8 wins by the higher seeded teams were 1-seeds (3), a 2-seed (1) and 3-seeds (2).

Alarm set for 3:20 so we can get get the kids up and out the door by 3:50 so we can be at the airport by 4:15 so we can catch our flight at 5:30 so we can arrive at Punta Cana by 1:30 so I can be in front of a TV with a beer in hand by 2:40 hoping that the wife is cool watching the kids by herself for two hours which she most definitely will not be.

Why we do this.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but took my family there 2 years ago, and you are way too optimistic if you think you'll be out of the airport (long lines, no air conditioning) in any reasonable amount of time. Great place, beautiful beaches, you will have a wonderful time, but you'll be fortunate if you can get somewhere to watch before the game ends.

Reactions: warrior_SW
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but took my family there 2 years ago, and you are way too optimistic if you think you'll be out of the airport (long lines, no air conditioning) in any reasonable amount of time. Great place, beautiful beaches, you will have a wonderful time, but you'll be fortunate if you can get somewhere to watch before the game ends.

jets-fan-fist-pump-against-bills.gif

Last edited:
The college basketball gambol is a tricky.

I did ok on Thursday but ystdy after betting Kansas St I then chased my loss with betting fng Wisconsin. Maybe I need to take a break when I’m betting Bruce Weber followed by the pasty whites of Wisconsin.

That LSU -2.5 looks nice, tho. So does Texas Tech -3.5.

I’m just glad it’s only pain and there is nothing else wrong with him. Sorry that makes you so mad Anth.

Umm, where are you getting this information?

Kind of like the Muller probe, I don’t think PJ’s Mri report has been released. They have publicly said its a sprain and not a fracture. That’s all we know. And trust me, there is a lot more to it than that.

But if you’d like to play foot MRI Jeopardy with me, I’m your huckleberry.

I maintain, Twitter is the worst thing to happen to society in the past decade, if not century.

:100points:

As for Liberty University, I am torn. On the one hand their victory pisses off emo sportswriters, so that makes me [banana] happy.

On the other hand, Christopher Hitchens once told CNN on the day of Jerry Falwell's death: If you gave Jerry Falwell an enema, you could have buried him in a matchbox.

So, really, the choice is whether you like your bullshit sanctimony to come from a bunch of WOKE dweebs behind a keyboard or a pack of hypocritical holy rollers in Virginia. I'm not sure which one is more insufferable, to be honest.

Go Cayts!

The college basketball gambol is a tricky.

I did ok on Thursday but ystdy after betting Kansas St I then chased my loss with betting fng Wisconsin. Maybe I need to take a break when I’m betting Bruce Weber followed by the pasty whites of Wisconsin.

That LSU -2.5 looks nice, tho. So does Texas Tech -3.5.

One of those is a trap

Reactions: west-ky-wildcat
Umm, where are you getting this information?

Kind of like the Muller probe, I don’t think PJ’s Mri report has been released. They have publicly said its a sprain and not a fracture. That’s all we know. And trust me, there is a lot more to it than that.

But if you’d like to play foot MRI Jeopardy with me, I’m your huckleberry.

Cal: “I’m telling you, it was negative in every x-ray, MRI. We even did an RIM.” and “He really wants to play, but I also want to feel comfortable that if he gets on the court there’s nothing he can do to himself. And the doctors have pretty much said that.”

I’m not liking the bickering in here right now. Get it together, fellas! We have a big tournament game in 6 hours and we’ve got right-fighters in here trying to pat themselves on the back for whatever reason, guys shamelessly attempting to shame others, posters leaving the country to exploit 3rd world natives, guys challenging journalistic integrity, and PTI.

It’s Wofford, guys. WOFFORD. We won our first game as comfortably as any team in the tournament. We’re facing a mid-major that isn’t used to our type of guys. Our best player is slightly injured with a chance to return, and we have plenty of other DUDES regardless. Straighten up!

We either heal now, as a thread, or we will die as individuals (some of you all alone).

Never seen so many folks that CHOOSE to be miserable during their self proclaimed favorite time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT