ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 titles in my 50 years.

Sometimes wonder if the 1 year that ends in joy is worth the 11.5 years that end in agony.

Not that I can do anything about it, of course.

Same - and I have questioned myself on this - and have said no, it's not worth it - too many times to count.

If it didn't seem worth it 90% of the time, it wouldn't be near as sweet when it does happen.

I've said this before, but when we win it all, it's a better feeling than how people describe heroin / crack - and although the high fades, the memories last forever.

You know, the highs on the way up are pretty damn fun, even when we crash later. Today's game had lots of highs, til the last minute.

I saw enough in the first 38 minutes to know we can play at that level. After that, to some degree it comes down to foul situation, ref judgment calls, ball bounces, luck, and circumstance. Hopefully the freshmen learned enough tough lessons tonight on their final practice exam to not let that shit happen again.

No guarantees, but I feel this team is destined for great things. #TakeReidHome.

If UT stays good, it is going to get increasingly infuriating that the tournament is in their own state for the next 14 years.

- As always, its great to get away from the hack losers in stripes in this bullshit bush league conference.

- At least now, I don’t have to waste my time watching the meaningless Sunday championship game.

-

Couldn’t agree more. He wasn’t involved in the 2nd half except one wide open 3.

He has enough handle, and a great passing ability to go with his shooting. I don’t understand why he isn’t the main ball handler late once we cross half court.

That pick and roll with PJ would, or should be almost unstoppable.

- Herro *really* struggles to get open when he's being held off-ball. What a scrub...

- Cal is 2-4 against UT in our last 6. Figure this shit out, poobah.

I’ve been told the upstanding competent refs had nothing to with this loss. Please advise.

Not sure what enraged me more; PJ missing the one footer or Matt and Ryan playing giddy grab ass on the postgame.

And the only way we have a chance at Louisville is if Tennessee gets a 1.

I don’t GAF about Louisville. I care about favorable matchups. Duke and UNC again aren’t favorable matchups.
Totally agree, but a lot of people thinking Louisville’s still in play don’t really how much of a longshot it is now.

Reactions: wcc31
I care about Louisville because I think we can beat anyone in that building with a FF on the line. Hope we get there even if it’s a 2 with Duke. Im fine with that.

Reactions: Col. Angus
-The only people wanting Louisville as the region just want Jeff Ruby’s.

-Zero fouls called on Jones, Williamson, Reddish, or Barrettt in 19 minutes and 34 seconds. It is just their transcendent athleticism I’m sure. It helps that the refs can call their fouls on stiffs like White and Delaurier. I’ve watched Williamson foul at least 4 times if he got the UK whistle

Yeah, in a perfect world, Louisville is important. It’s just not as important as a manageable bracket. My redass has led me to definitive statements.

Well, as has been pointed out, ~65/35 did us no good in Nashville today.

I think it's more like, just avoid playing in someone else's backyard and let BBN take care of the rest.

Also, it helps to play in areas where there are a lot of pro sports teams that dilute the enthusiasm for cbb. Not very controllable, just an observation.

Last edited:
Also, it helps to play in areas where there are a lot of pro sports teams that dilute the enthusiasm for cbb. Not very controllable, just an observation.

This is Very true. Compare the atmosphere 2010 faced with neutral fans rooting against us in Syracuse to 2011 (Newark).

You can see it every year particularly in the west regional. The regional final crowds seem like an early round crowd for a game in Jacksonville between Arizona and Texas or something.

Reactions: Century Cat
Maybe it did us no good today but the percentages of the #BBN putting us over the top is unarguable.

FWIW, what I've settled on this week is: the most anxious / high-risk / low-reward scenario I can think of is:

being a 1 in Louisville and playing Duke or UNC as the 2, and giving them that chip on their shoulder. Not to mention, the media outrage.

That is probably attributable to Birmingham 1995, when UK fans clearly populated 15 sections of the 16 piece pie, and we lost as a favorite. All the pressure would be on us.

I could handle YUM! as a 2, but I don't think they'd do that to Duke or UNC. Maybe they'd do it to UVA, and if so, great. As Chase said 12 hours ago, I'd take that then and I'd take that now. Not likely though.

Reactions: cawoodsct
If Duke is the overall 1, are they going to the East or South? There doesn’t seem to be much difference between the two travel wise.

And I disagree. Give me the Zags out west. BBN will travel and the easiest path is well, easier. Duke always gets it, so y shudnt we n a yr where we have a good enuff team to take advantage? That’s just me tho.

Reactions: Century Cat
If Duke is the overall 1, are they going to the East or South? There doesn’t seem to be much difference between the two travel wise.

And a ton of more Duke fans in DC. But apparently seats were going well below face in Charlotte after UVA and UNC went out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT