ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, switch the charge call back to the "lean back for prison rape" hands behind the head and you'd get about 20% of these bullshit charges wiped. We lost a three from PJ because Keldon was called for a charge as Williams slid under him after he was airborne. Because you get to three gallop and thrust your fist as if summoning C'thulu, it was an easy call for the zebra.

once again....I have never seen a team less deserving get a better whistle that those f’ing floppers. Was in the building and it was so one-sided the last 3 minutes it was unbelievable.. I can’t believe Shows and those assholes will make it out of nashvegas.

What a kick in the nutts kind of loss. Was about 8 beer deep, bar was poised to be an all timer Saturday night ish show, and we piss down our touching leg.

Guess it could have worked out in our favor. Will tell you in about 24 hours.

Reactions: warrior_SW
I remember when we limped into the tournament as an eight seed in 2014 thinking "This team has IT."

March is weird. Some of the hottest teams won't be playing the second weekend and some teams that look like dog sh*t will find their way to the elite eight. There's no "it." We're a pretty good team and that means we have a pretty good chance.

Why not call a TO on the last possession that could have tied the game? He selling the unused ones on Ebay or something?

Basketball strategy is pretty simple. The other team had no TO’s left so why give them the chance to set a defense and plan ahead in case we score.

They had to wing it as well if PJ gets the foul call or hit 1 of 2 one foot shots.

Plus the advantage that we had a full 30 seconds and the ball on our coaches side of the floor to direct the set anyway.

Besides all of that, Cal is a trust your guys type of coach, and he lets it hang win or lose and whether we like it when we lose or not we get the type of guys that should be able to handle it.

Reactions: Century Cat
Man what a shitty way to find out that the “Rule of 71” isn’t really a thing.

Funny, because my 17 year old son (who loves NJT, btw, and follows you on his own - he doesn't get that from me) is really keyed in on the Rule of 71 and pointed it out today.

I said it's a new thing that I didn't grow up with and really hadn't keyed in on it yet. We then had to explain it to my wife.

And then it was false.

If that moved us from a 1 in KC with UNC as our 2, to a 2 in Lou with UVA as our 1, then I'll get over the loss pretty quickly.

True, but I think it’s more likely that it moved us from the 1 in the Midwest (with UNC as the 2) to the 2 in the Midwest (with UNC as the 1).

In other words, the only difference is that now we’ll have to take our blue jerseys with us to Kansas City.

Reactions: GrandePdre
Something is wrong when losing is going to get you better bracket. It is what it is.

1. Tough loss, but maintain perspective.

But I’m pretty sure we will be the 2 in KC with UNV and having to play the first and second in Iowa.

2. Play The Next Play, Nancy.

~Hal Mumme.

Don't look ahead and assume the worst.

Sincerely,

Wildcat Friend

Meh, best to blame the 8 million dollar asshole. But really, Travis keeps things simple and doesn't make bad decisions so when he fouled out, the stupid took over.

It happens when you rely on 18 year olds.

Season isn't over so sack up and let's make some noise.

Reactions: roguemocha
Basketball strategy is pretty simple. The other team had no TO’s left so why give them the chance to set a defense and plan ahead in case we score.

They had to wing it as well if PJ gets the foul call or hit 1 of 2 one foot shots.

Plus the advantage that we had a full 30 seconds and the ball on our coaches side of the floor to direct the set anyway.

Besides all of that, Cal is a trust your guys type of coach, and he lets it hang win or lose and whether we like it when we lose or not we get the type of guys that should be able to handle it.
Good response.

Tell me when that's worked out this year.

You mean the last possession where PJ missed a one foot shot? Would the time out allowed a one inch shot or something? Do we get an extra guy when we call a TO?

For such a stupid coach you guys sure get a hardon for wanting him to call a TO and coach more. What a stupid thing to always bitch about.
Go to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT