ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad seems very much on edge. This is is first March run through as a married man.

Perhaps the lass is shaking him down some and he wants his full focus on the Cats for the next few weeks?

2rgtGdJ.jpg

Chad seems very much on edge. This is is first March run through as a married man.

Perhaps the lass is shaking him down some and he wants his full focus on the Cats for the next few weeks?

a) I am on edge. It’s March AND work has been nuts for a month straight.

b) Lass is in California for the next two weeks.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Shorts:

- I’m no-nonsense in March, as opposed to guys like PTI and Llama who are all-nonsense. Like my third favorite Pearl Jam album, you bitches best yield.

- Have I mentioned how much it chaps my ass that UNC is benefiting from sweeping a toothless Duke?

- Ha- don’t let BBdk front. That dude is nervous as a rattlesnake right now.

- I’m a Zags believer and a UVa skeptic.

- Jerry Meyer’s podcast is damn good.

- This is going to be Tyler Herro’s March.

- No, I don’t want Duke anywhere until the Final 4.

- If Northern dances again, let’s hope these pricks in the committee have them playing someone else this time so I can root for them for a game. Some Breds reppin.

- Picture for a minute college utopia- it’s late March, 70 degrees. 30,000 outside tossing frisbees, pounding domestos, grilling. Lassies out in their short shorts. Likelong fans talking about tonight’s game as UK goes for two championships in 3 years. The calm before bedlam hours later.

Sun is out, college basketball on my TV at 1pm on a week day. I feel it coming. :eyes::sunglasses:

The dance is of course unpredictable, but Gonzaga is loaded. 2 of the best 10 players in CBB, and a deep supporting cast w/ all the pieces (as they demonstrated in beating a full strength Duke)...and Tillie is back.

-Of course it isn't being talked about nationally, but what a cluster F of a season for Kansas. [cheers]

- Picture for a minute college utopia- it’s late March, 70 degrees. 30,000 outside tossing frisbees, pounding domestos, grilling. Lassies out in their short shorts. Likelong fans talking about tonight’s game as UK goes for two championships in 3 years. The calm before bedlam hours later.

One of my best memories is, 2 hours before game time and about 5 beers in on that sunny, beautiful Monday evening, getting ready to exit the Marriott Riverwalk on the way to the Alamodome. Calling my wife and leaving a giddy voice mail, "Hi honey, just getting ready to go win another national championship . . . see you tomorrow." There was no doubt in my mind.

Heady times, indeed.

Can we now officially quit pretending that colleges and universities are the bastion of education in America, and singularly focused on growing the minds and spirits of the world's youth? There seems to be some confusion that these institutions of higher learning are beyond reproach, performing all manner of altruistic functions, except for a handful of shady, ill intentioned, scandalous, future professional athletes.

Can we now officially quit pretending that colleges and universities are the bastion of education in America, and singularly focused on growing the minds and spirits of the world's youth? There seems to be some confusion that these institutions of higher learning are beyond reproach, performing all manner of altruistic functions, except for a handful of shady, ill intentioned, scandalous, future professional athletes.

Shut up.

-Of course it isn't being talked about nationally, but what a cluster F of a season for Kansas. [cheers]

Listened to a few podcasts after TTU/KSU clinched the Big 12, just to see what the national guys were saying about KU, the streak ending, etc. The general consensus is that Bill Self should be national coach of the year just for finishing 3rd in that juggernaut of a conference, and how he deserves the Arthur Ashe Courage Award for somehow overcoming the adversity he overcame this year, and how 14 straight conference titles is by far a greater feat than 10 national titles in 12 years, 88 wins a row, 129 straight home wins, etc.

Nary a peep about the rampant cheating that has gone on at that school for over a decade now.

Pays to be Billy Hoots, I guess.

I think Self is moderately nice to sportswriters, who - basically being nonathletic virginal dorks when it comes down to it - proceed to fall in love with him.

Reactions: rudd1
Point well made there.

It’s March. If you want to get all Huffington Post about shit, I’ll give you PlayBall06’s email. I want to talk about what’s going on between the lines.

NO NONSENSE this month bro.

Reactions: bbonds
While we’re at it F Arizona, LSU, Tennessee, UNC, Duke...........

Matter of fact F Airbody!!!!!

Let’s F******** GO!!!!!!!

I wish I could tell you that Aunt Becky fought the good fight, and the Sisters let her be. I wish I could tell you that - but prison is no fairy-tale world. She never said who did it, but we all knew.

My favorite part is that Aunt Becky pulled all these strings including passing off her waif of a daughter as a college level athlete to get her into USC only to have her daughter post a Youtube video right before she was to start at USC saying she wanted to be a youtube beauty influencer and school sucks:

"With work, it’s going to be hard. My first week of school, I'm leaving to go to Fiji for work.”

“I don’t know how much of school I’m going to attend. But I’m going to go in and talk to my deans and everyone and hope that I can try and balance it all. But I do want the experience of like game days, partying … I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know.”

Kids you know?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT