ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bonzo Cat or any else who might know. Going to be in DC tomorrow through Sunday, is there a UK bar in town to watch the games?
Adding to Gatton's rec -

Buffalo Billiards or Penn Social if you're looking for tons of big screens, domestos typical bar food.

Blaguards for a McCarthy's on steroids type place.

The Big Hunt is a local favorite for craft brews.

If you're a fan of the brown water, celebrate our 32nd SECT at Jack Rose Saloon.

Reactions: drxman1
Billy Kennedy out at Texas A&M. Not sure what they are expecting. Think he is coming 2-3 straight Sweet 16's. Having said that, with all the coaching talent coming in to the league, he was bottom tier.

One could argue that Texas Tech is a better, more prestigious basketball gig than TAMU. I'm assuming TAMU pays a lot better, though.

Can TAMU get somebody better than Billy Kennedy? He's legitimately pretty decent. Maybe they hire an Andy Kennedy type? Why go get some up and comer who will bounce at the first hint of success?

Lubbock, Texas
College Station, Texas

Please don’t use the term “prestigious” about these residences ever again, particularly as it pertains to basketball.

Texas A&M can and should be a good job. They have a shit ton of money, play in a good conference, and have a solid basketball recruiting base. I’d expect them to make a lot better hire than someone like Andy Kennedy.

Buzz would crush it there, IMO. And they obviously have plenty of money to get him.

If they don’t want him, I’d be making a call to Kelvin Sampson.

How solid is Gonzaga on that 1 line, with them currently losing to St Mary’s??

Virginia is there no matter what, but those other 3 are probably all up for grabs.

I hate to see humble, hard-working people encounter adversity.

These Hollywood fools do not fall under that umbrella.

So (a) your kid is so stupid, you have to create fake profiles, commit multiple federal crimes, and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on bribes to try to get him or her into a certain college; (b) you have such a need for status that you have to blow that kind if dough - illegally - to try to get them in for appearances, even though your kids don't care; and (c) you're such a shitty parent that you can't teach them to take what they earn?

Enjoy the exposure in the age of social media. (/Sprinkles).

Gonzaga certainly benefits from being one of the only teams west of the Mississippi that’s actually worth a damn.

I actually think this loss makes Gonzaga more dangerous in the Tournament. Gets them refocused and whatnot, e,g., UK in ‘96 and ‘12.

I normally enjoy watching Hollywood hypocrites suffer public embarrassment and shame, but Lori Loughlin is so hot that I’m having hard time getting much pleasure out of this. (F Felicity Huffman, though.)

Smart loss by Gonzaga. Following the 2012 Kentucky model to a T.

All the better if it keeps Clemson, Ohio State or Florida in the NIT where they belong.

If I’m Gonzaga fan I’m actually happy they lost but I’m a superstitious weirdo

Edit: ^^ and apparently not the only one

The #76 team in Kenpom Defense just held the #1 team in Offense to 47 points.

o_O I'm starting to think Jon Rothstein might be correct about what month it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT