ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some shorts on this college bribery thing as I find it pretty fascinating:
  • Giving Loughlin the benefit of the doubt on this one; I think she's probably pretty dumb in real life, and it sounds like her husband arranged most of it. They've got him on tape stating 1) he knows the money is going to get his daughter hooked up for college and 2) he agrees to say the money is being donated to help poor kids go to college. See ya!
  • Not giving Huffman the benefit of the doubt. She knew her kid was stupid and paid to have the test taken for her.
  • Does William H Macy take any of the fall here? You know Huffman didn't do all of this on her own? He's managed to escape so far.
  • Big-wig over at TPG capital went down too; he was big into ethical investing. Ha!

Gonzaga is 4-3 in Quadrant 1 games. Every other team competing for a 1 seed has won more Quadrant 1 games than the Zags have *played* the entire season.

[eyeroll] that there’s even a debate about them being a 1 seed...
The fact that the #2 seed in the WCC tournament beating the Zags is such a monumental upset tells you everything you need to know about how weak that conference is.

Reactions: Century Cat
I agree... Huffman's not hot enough to pull this off. Aunt Becky is. Hot chick privilege is universal.

Richard, get off your high horse and start planning on buying me a beer in Nashville.

I'm still at the office. I knew I'd be working late, but this is a little ridiculous. Still have 1 major project to cross off the list tonight.

Krazy, I hope to get to your project tomorrow. I keep pushing it back and I'm sorry. But I'll get it done. You'll get the GYERO discount +.

Norse Up. Good for the state and stuff.

Zags lost, huh? I hate missing the games this time of year. Grrrrrrr. Love Championship Week.

Can't get too mad at the boss, though. He's hooking me up for the SECT again. Plus, he bought $64 worth of girl scout cookies from my girls.

I remember the good old days when I worked all night pretty often when we had these things called mini events. It was pretty much Wyvern and NW50 on here late night. Alright, back to work.

Office closed all day tomorrow because a “bomb cyclone blizzard” is hitting Denver in the afternoon

Me “working” from home tomorrow —> :popcorn: + non-stop hoops

Until you realize that everything you see is a carefully-curated, packaged "character" - whether as "Aunt Becky" or as "Lori Loughlin". Not to mention chemicals, plastics, photoshop.

You're overthinking this one, C-Cat. And I'm not going to lose a moment's sleep if she gets a year in the clink.

#1s:

Michigan State wins the Big 10 tourney.
Kentucky wins the SEC Tourney.
Duke or UNC wins the ACC tourney.
Virginia.

I doubt the committee will move MSU up that far, but you never know.

As was said earlier I believe. Time to root for 3 ACC #1's. Cause you know damn well the one of Duke/UNC that doesn't get a 1 seed will be the 2 seed with UK. if the ACC does get 3 1's, that pretty much locks in Michigan State as Kentucky's #2 seed which would be ideal.

Pretty sure the Top 12 teams have already been decided before this weekend starts:

Probable 1's
Virginia
Kentucky
North Carolina
Gonzaga (Unfortunately)

Probable 2's
Duke
LSU
Tennessee
Michigan State

Probable 3's
Michigan
Texas Tech
Purdue
Houston

Last edited:
Until you realize that everything you see is a carefully-curated, packaged "character" - whether as "Aunt Becky" or as "Lori Loughlin". Not to mention chemicals, plastics, photoshop.

And "Lori Loughlin" couples with multi-millionaire guidos with the first name of Mossimo. So if you think she's actually "relatable / down-to-earth / personality hot" - I tend to doubt you would like her.

But if you feel that strongly, I'm sure she would appreciate a contribution to her twins' 529 college fund.
:joy::joy::joy: What??? Aunt Becky wears makeup and is a snooty bitch in real life????

CenturyCat sure seems triggered by Aunt Becky.

Relax.

This jut in, super wealthy people don’t think rules apply to them. Even the most wealthy GYERO poster is just a middle class pissant to the wealthy class.

-For late 80’s-90’s sitcom star, what category does Lori Loughlin fall in? Would she be milf Mt Rushmore? I wouldn’t put her in same category as Kelly Kapowski (young adult Mt Rushmore).

I, for one, thought all of these celebrity kids/ teen actors/actresses got into Ivy League schools on their own merits. I’m stunned.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Laurie Loughlin was only 30 when Full House ended so it's hard to consider her 80's/90's milf material.

I always thought colleges had their standard admissions and then, kind of like Ryder Cup captin’s picks, had a few slots allotted for big donors and their kids. The surprise in this story is the extent these rich people went to or had to go to...do you not just stroke a check and “boom” little Johnny can go join his frat?

Reactions: catholic_back
I always thought colleges had their standard admissions and then, kind of like Ryder Cup captin’s picks, had a few slots allotted for big donors and their kids. The surprise in this story is the extent these rich people went to or had to go to...do you not just stroke a check and “boom” little Johnny can go join his frat?
I think the scam was for people who were rich, but not rich enough that they could slap their name on a building or whatever. $500K to get your kid into USC seems ridiculous, though.

-the "proper school" is nothing more than an accessory for these vapid twits...Stanford et al=louis vuitton bag.

-these aren't the days of wellington von kennedy-dupont donating a ton of cash for a library to get his inbred son a spot at an ivy to keep him from impregnating his cousin.

-for each one of these pieces of garbage offspring that got into a school...there is a working/middle class family and child that jumped through their ass/sacrificed to do the work to ***earn*** a spot at these schools that was *directly* wronged

-bastards.

Last edited:
Imagine paying hundreds of thousands of dollars just to get your kid on the Wake Forest Volleyball team.

18% acceptance rate :joy::joy:

Let’s just get something straight — it’s not THAT hard to get into USC, despite that statistic that comes from god knows where.

Reactions: Col. Angus
The shame these snobs are feeling for being “found out” is likely going to hurt them emotionally more than being thrown in the slammer.

These losers can DIAP for all I care.

From another angle, no one is surprised that this happens in a country where everything is for sale, especially our “leaders.” And Chief before you jump in to fluff Trump, I’m talking about EVERY politician. No one is immune. This is our system.

-actually ron, there are very few "elite" schools that offer money/spots based on merit...it is primarily need based, these days.

-There *is* an actual number of admission slots per school per year.

-agree, the cost of post secondary ed is out of control.

-im in the thick of the testing/application/cost determination process right now, its kafkaesque tbh.

I think the scam was for people who were rich, but not rich enough that they could slap their name on a building or whatever. $500K to get your kid into USC seems ridiculous, though.
Also, it appears that the kids are all total nincompoops and a real stretch to be attending college of any kind anywhere at any time and space.

I'm with Century, I never trusted that g*ddamn b*tch Aunt Becky, she controlled Uncle Jesse like he was a puppet and she had her hand shoved up his ass, and let's be honest, Jesse ran that house. Whoever controls Jesse controls everything. With her shifty eyes, and B+ rack, strutting around like she didn't just marry into all this, f*ck Aunt Becky then, and f*ck Aunt Becky now. B*tch.

Since Cal has been here through 31 games this Is the:

-Third best 3pt% .359 (‘11, ‘12)
-Best FT% .743 (‘12 .723)
-Fifth best FG% .477 ( ‘10, ‘12, ‘14, ‘17)
-fourth most turnovers ( 10, 14, 18)

Defense numbers don’t stack up well with previous Cal teams.

-it’s our best opponent FG% sinice Ulis and Murray
-Least blocks since Cal has been here.
-Fourth in steals

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT