ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather in Lex has been less than ideal today. It was raining this morning. Now it's just overcast and chilly and really windy. I did manage to run so that was nice. The weather was at least good for that.

Chili supplies purchased for Saturday. Wodie.

^ I worship a #6 (undisputed 2nd place in the Game) but it's only on par if you add cheese, and mostly b/c the unhealthy mayo & fully dressed situation Dave provides tho.

Order them both plain/straight up, and it's really not close if you're talking pure poultry/breading quality. :100points:

The best Wendy's is on par, but sometimes you get a really dry/wack one. CFA pretty much brings it 100% of the time, except for when you get a SUPER turbo one, that's even a little bit better.

I actually had a grumpy black girl as my drive through concierge at CFA the other day, and it was admittedty much more enjoyable/less creepy than my usual experience. Didn't even give me a straw or say "my pleasure" , TS :fire:

It was a hungover Monday, and her matching grumpy attitude (to mine) was greatly appreciated, imo.

Last edited:
Luke Walton is the interim head coach for the Golden State Warriors. [laughing] And yes, it's the same Luke Walton.

Not sure if its just been a bad string of luck on my part, but recently CFA's nugget game has pretty much taken a nose dive. Used to love to pair a side of their nugs with my order... something to top of the meal/experience. Not anymore though.

Had Joella's Hot Chicken recently. Dece.

Need to go back when they aren't out of white bone in chicken.

Thing is about these type of places is that the best kinds are usually naturally evolved hole in the wall places that either a good ole boy or brother started. The same with BBQ joints.

Just seems forced. Like Feast BBQ, which is totally mediocre.

The weather this week has sucked. Only took the Porsche out once.

Hope everyone spills chili on their outfits Saturday.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
Feast BBQ is awesome...certainly kicks the shit out of your "hole in the wall" FABD. That place is bogus as touch.

I'm all for hole-in-the-wall places...typically when it comes to Mexican, BBQ, Burgers/Diners, and even Pizza, they are usually the best.

That place is terrible.

A crowded place, cool atmosphere, cheap beers, worn down building, and shitty service -- while usually a winning combination -- can't shine through that horribly run operation.

Special shout out to Patrick's next door, equally as awful.

-Haven't had Joella's yet...like to give places time to get their feet wet, and the crowds to settle down -- but numerous Nashville Hot Chicken vets/experts seem to agree it's pretty damn close.

Another option coming soon behind L&N (1860).

Actually had Hattie B's Medium & 400 Degrees (400 Degrees level) Eli weekend for the first time. Reheated, but awesome....but the 400 Degrees was absolutely miserable, and I worship hot shit. 2 bites and I was touched for an hour. Hot is good...so hot it makes you feel like you're dying inside ---> not good.

I just feel bad for Ritchie, in these conditions it's just not safe to give him the same ride as Chad. Sorry brah

You should check out my old haunt next time you're in the East Village: Zaragoza.

Wodie.

We loved Mayahuel.

-Shack in The Back ftw.

BBQ just isn't something I pay for very often...it's all similar (around here). Dumbass Richie orders a pulled pork sandwich everywhere he goes, from FABD to Milkwood to Impellizzeri's. Pulled pork on a bun is pretty much pulled pork on a bun, get real.

You can bake a shoulder in the oven with a rub and liquid smoke and get great results for a pulled pork sandwich. Most overrated thing in the world (it's all delicious) with regards to people acting/pretending like one version is :fire::fire::fire: and the other is OMG AWFUL. [eyeroll]

(Except for Billy's in Wodie Sloot Crockpot)

Last edited:
Learn Everest. Mic drop. Good for them. Move was needed. Place is too dangerous for idiots.

"We must maintain the glory of Everest climbing," Mohan Krishna Sapkota, joint secretary of Nepal's Ministry of Tourism, said Tuesday. "Everest climbing is a matter of adventure and competence, not a matter of luxury."

Climbing Everest has exploded in popularity in the past few decades, resulting in hundreds of ascent attempts each year, with an increasing number of inexperienced climbers taking advantage of professional guides to help them to the top.

wtf are you mic dropping?

basically, that rule states you must be a highly experienced climber in order to attempt to summit everest. and yet you, who has ZERO climbing experience, seems to think the technical skill required to do so isn't fairly easy.

at the end of the day, they're simply trying their best to keep rich idiots like you off the property.

9/30/15:
anth = you really don't need much technical skill to summit everest

10/01/15:
anth = they kicked people without high technical skill off everest. booyah! roasted! unplugs microphone! lol! sherpa roast u lol! awww snap! in the face!

wtf are you mic dropping?

basically, that rule states you must be a highly experienced climber in order to attempt to summit everest. and yet you, who has ZERO climbing experience, seems to think the technical skill required to do so isn't fairly easy.

at the end of the day, they're simply trying their best to keep rich idiots like you off the property.
No. You need to learn the difference in mountaineering and mountain climbing bud. The technical expertise required is minimal as previously proved. However, the altitude training should be required as I've indicated. Like I've said the whole time rich slubs who are unprepared are drug to the top all the time. They'll continue to be as well by probably from the other side now. You're commenting on something you obviously know nothing about. Not a crazy endeavor but I do have experience mountaineering.

A crowded place, cool atmosphere, cheap beers, worn down building, and shitty service -- while usually a winning combination -- can't shine through that horribly run operation.
[/QUOTE]

Accurate. Lived nearby at one point in time, you basically hit it up despite it's egregious flaws. I mean, the percentage of time they were out of BBQ or even beer for that matter: over.

Yep. Altitude. That's the killer. Just like the pros that you discounted said. Not sure why this is so hard for you to comprehend. You're not climbing 3000' sheer walls. Hillary step is the worst climb and it's already roped for you well in advance by sherpas. The difficulty of that mountain is not in the technical climbing. It's in the weather and altitude. There are literally thousands of websites that explain this. Why are you so defiant of that? You need to have experience at altitude not 10 years of rock climbing.

No. You need to learn the difference in mountaineering and mountain climbing bud. The technical expertise required is minimal as previously proved. However, the altitude training should be required as I've indicated. Like I've said the whole time rich slubs who are unprepared are drug to the top all the time. They'll continue to be as well by probably from the other side now. You're commenting on something you obviously know nothing about. Not a crazy endeavor but I do have experience mountaineering.

Where? Surely you're not claiming Kili is mountaineering. It's high-altitude hiking. That's not the same as mountaineering.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Yep. Altitude. That's the killer. Just like the pros that you discounted said. Not sure why this is so hard for you to comprehend. You're not climbing 3000' sheer walls. Hillary step is the worst climb and it's already roped for you well in advance by sherpas. The difficulty of that mountain is not in the technical climbing. It's in the weather and altitude. There are literally thousands of websites that explain this. Why are you so defiant of that? You need to have experience at altitude not 10 years of rock climbing.

You're right. The Lhotse face isn't quite sheer. Just 80 degrees in some sections, and mostly 40-50 degrees.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
- Missing my point, Tells. The best Southern Comfort style joints can't be forced. Been to many rib shacks & BBQ pits off the beaten path in rural parts of North Carolina & South Carolina. The best ones are never part of a trendy movement. They are basically no thrills joints that have naturally evolved over time with some good ole boy or brother behind the operation.

Also, FABD has great sides and wings but their BBQ is dry & mediocre.

Do like the atmosphere though & Patrick's is a total throwback.

- Doc Bob... No worries about the Porsche. It's an honor to be the guest of a former Homecoming King on the weekend of Homecoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT