ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confession: I've never been able to tell B Rax and krazykats apart. For me, they meld into one character.

They always have, but perhaps never more so than today.

Which, I guess, is ironic, considering that we now know they are apparently on complete opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to risk of exposure to child predators.

Perhaps that's why I'm only now realizing the distinction.

And that's what it took.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandon Stroud
It takes me 3 minutes to drop my kids off at school. So it isn’t across the street but it isn’t more than a mile either.

I didn’t have kids when I bought my house and honestly wasn’t aware it was that f’n awful here. Heroin, meth, crack, trailors etc sure, but in within 3 miles of 2 subdivisions where the properties are 300K plus and littered with kid loving creeps!

I can honestly say my biggest fear in life is that type of thing happening to my kids.

It takes me 3 minutes to drop my kids off at school. So it isn’t across the street but it isn’t more than a mile either.

I didn’t have kids when I bought my house and honestly wasn’t aware it was that f’n awful here. Heroin, meth, crack, trailors etc sure, but in within 3 miles of 2 subdivisions where the properties are 300K plus and littered with kid loving creeps!

I can honestly say my biggest fear in life is that type of thing happening to my kids.
Wait, are all y’all, in within the radial radius of pervo’s?

You really can't underestimate the appeal in today's NBA and MLB of the young, athletic role player that earns the league minimum. Extremely valuable components of every professional team.

Along with superstars, they have the best contracts in the NBA. Overrated vets with max contracts who can't do anything but take shots *cough* Carmello *cough* hamstring a NBA franchise.

Living a couple doors down from the local catholic school fortunately insulates my family from that crap. However, punching in your zip code and seeing where the offenders are is eye opening, and sad.

I pass a marginal looking apartment complex daily while taking a backway to my kids’ preschool. I’m guessing it’s section 8. I’ve always noted the large number of little kids at this particular complex; they’re always outside in the road riding their bikes, playing ball, etc.

That website shows like a half dozen shithead offenders living in that complex :(

Makes you realize how lucky you are to be able to be away from that type of situation. But heartbreaking for all those little kids who didn’t do a damn thing wrong to be put in that situation and have to grow up with that shit.

Don’t worry guys, almost all diddlers do their diddlin’ on young family members or close family friends. They don’t typically kidnap strangers and f*ck them against a tree in the woods. While that does happen, it’s probably going to be creepy Uncle Knuckles that puts a finger in your kid’s butt.

If my dad is any example, the key to a long marriage is to always have a home project going that you can pour your time into and zone out when you need to. Towards that end, I'm in the middle of completely renovating my back patio area.

I had a truckload of pea gravel delivered yesterday and was looking forward to a full evening of pouring a stiff cocktail, listening to a Joe Rogan podcast without interruption, and schlepping gravel to fill in an area to lay flagstones. And then my wife felt bad for how hard I was working and decided that she would come out and help.

Son. Of. A. Bitch.

As long as there is this guy, it’s OK. Long live Lil’ Sweet.
CautiousHardArctichare-size_restricted.gif

-BBdk has been on full assault of WCC, which I fully support, but I've seen every single email about this shindig. Even the secret groomsmen email.

-Should I be the one that strips down to my underwear and streaks across the stage?

-Good news, I should be able to make most of the weekend.

-Busiest 10-14 days in company history + completing renovation + hard working lieutenant at work taking PTO + tumultuous home sale + no time to exercise = :([sick]:confused:o_O

-Always appreciate the Sheriff knocking on the door, "I'm just hear to let you know that guy over there is a registered sex offender, so I'm just letting the neighbors know. If you see anything suspicious call us."

Reactions: drxman1
Of all the things to experience at Taste of Cincinnati (probably Taste of Anywhere), the aromas are what linger the longest

Reactions: WynnDuffy
BBdK is gonna get all gin-based purple drank and Marly lights, stains-on-the-white-tie, shirt untucked, slurring rap lyrics to himself drunk and become extremely offensive at this thing. All three nights. Right???

Good.

Living a couple doors down from the local catholic school fortunately insulates my family from that crap. However, punching in your zip code and seeing where the offenders are is eye opening, and sad.

I pass a marginal looking apartment complex daily while taking a backway to my kids’ preschool. I’m guessing it’s section 8. I’ve always noted the large number of little kids at this particular complex; they’re always outside in the road riding their bikes, playing ball, etc.

That website shows like a half dozen shithead offenders living in that complex :(

Makes you realize how lucky you are to be able to be away from that type of situation. But heartbreaking for all those little kids who didn’t do a damn thing wrong to be put in that situation and have to grow up with that shit.

Some might argue that would put you at greater risk. Not me, but some.

Reactions: west-ky-wildcat
The Louisville food dorks may have at least a little foundation to argue that their food scene is on par with Cincy.

But an area they noticeably never touch on is beer, because they know they get crushed in every respect. Cincinnati and NKY is inarguably one of the great brewing regions in the entire world. World class beer from a dozen+ breweries.

Definitely hitting the Montgomery Inn & LaRosa's booth. [sick]

My uncle, a Cincy native, and well-documented hater of all things Cincinnati (yet somehow never moved) claimed that his manufacturing company built and installed components for the Montgomery Inn rib cooking machine that took in a frozen slab of ribs and put out a cooked, ready-to-serve, slab. No manual intervention except step 1 (insert frozen ribs) and step N (put ribs on plate).

Typically this would make me hate a place like Montgomery Inn even more, as you expect a level of authenticity with BBQ. You want the seasoned pit master with his 35 years of experience toiling over the ribs, putting pride in his work that you can taste in every bite. But after seeing some of the folks that work in food service in the Cincy area, I'm pretty sure I want my Cincinnati food cooked by robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT