ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTI, when you going to try the Barkley Marathon?

In order to do that race, you have to be selected. The process, more or less, is to befriend the race director (Laz/Gary Cantrell), do a few of his races, and then get picked. I'm friends with his daughter, so I guess I have an "in," but it's just not that important to me.

The Netflix documentary is awesome, though. He's a nut, and a genuine original.

I watched it last weekend. Insane the beating they go through. Been to Frozen Head hiking and never knew about it. Guy I work for is doing the Kentucky Ragnar this weekend, that seems more of a party atmosphere.

Following the trail of a murderer 100 miles through the TN woods for only a pack of camels sounds like a great deal and a fine weekend.

Running people are weird.

I don't run like PTGump but I enjoy hitting the pavement from time to time regardless of what my dadbod suggests. Usually around my block little over 3 miles. But I'm starting to get concerned about my knees, especially the one that has the replaced ACL in it. I know, I know, "drop 20 and it probably won't be a problem", not sure it's that simple, though. I think 39 years many of which I've spent playing sports, running, basketball consistently up until around 35 have taken it's toll. I can feel it even after a round of golf.

Going to have to start doing some lower impact stuff, might even venture into yoga and hit the pool for some laps. Running isn't the most efficient way to exercise anyway, but I did find it to be a good stress reliever.

I'm pretty sure when a guy goes to Jacksonville State, it's not really his choice.

Which would make perfect sense if said guy hadn't just hit someone on the sideline with an effing trash can during a scuffle, was welcomed back to the team, and then mysteriously transferred to JSU.

It isn't like Ware being a bit of a knucklehead was any sort of secret.

Reactions: warrior_SW
We should be recruiting players from jacksonville st that might have a body or two on their record, assault charges at the very least. We are stupid af if we did not actively try to keep Denzil at any cost. Pay the mfer, Mitch!

Reactions: HHKAT
Eh, life and work have gotten a little less hectic so I have time check up on the interweb gang these days. Working and taking care of the old man the last 4 years was a grind. Wouldn't trade it but it was tough.

Only time I ever looked in was to get Padre's advice before I bought a new Tundra. Wore that guy out with questions. I owe him a drank.

I think Stoops knows football. Strikes me as an awesome coordinator/player's confidant. As it pertains to running and maintaining a program, I'm with Killer. Stability is needed to establish an identity and then, when the time is right, take advantage of over-performing talent against a favorable schedule. Had that chance last year. Somewhat took advantage of it. But what is the identity of this program? Hell if I know.

Going to be a patio night tonight. I'll ponder these theories and much more as I enjoy the fruits of a public educator's labor while listening to old music no one finds cool anymore.

I'm not a Stoops honk BUT he has given Ware like 100 chances including after throwing a trash can at a guy during a game. Pretty obvious he just can't keep his nose clean. You just throw a little bitch hissy fit, like NJT, every time we have anyone decide to break their blood bond with the University of Kentucky Brotherhood.

Reactions: wcc31
The level of awfulness endowed by a "unique" name is only exceeded by those who take a fairly normal name and jig it up with a "unique" spelling.

Arguably there has never been a better weeding-out mechanism than someone who has a jacked-up first name. You don't even have to meet them in person. (Sorry, not sorry).

Freakonomics was :100points: on that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT