ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hurricanes & California, just last week a tropical storm was heading this way from Mexico. But it totally ran out of energy as it hit the colder water; and by the time the remnants made it up here, all that was left was some humidity and widely scattered rain.

That's how it usually happens.

Apparently a hurricane did hit San Diego in the 1858, but that was a few years before I moved out here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_California_hurricanes

The water is so much colder here than in the southeast because of the direction of ocean currents. The current along the west coast comes from the north. The current along the east coast comes from the south.

Reactions: roguemocha
-
- Yesterday was my biggest day at work ever as I received contracts on a hotel, 4 restaurants and pulled in a guy I had been working on for a year that is in the middle of an apartment complex with 7 of 20 buildings to go. All together pretty close to a million in sales.

:cool2:

Been a while since such a subtle GYERO brag, well done

Holy shit, thank you to '73 and Wodie for dropping Las Gorditas in here. Isn't the first time gyero has done this for me, but that damn place is two miles from my house and it's the gd truth. Bless up. I'm gonna be there twice a week for the next month. :pray::raised_hands::fire:

Stupid things I've seen in the last couple days when you know a hurricane is coming;

Some dude pulled into a gas station and got a car wash.

There was a guy outside watering his grass today.

Dude outside mowing his grass today.
A guy at Publix buying 15 cases of Natty Ice and 1 case of water.

A friend drove to Pembroke Pinesa (Miami) to a Walmart only to buy supplies and turn back around for Key West and is riding it out.

People driving down the highway shoulder at a legit 100mph during standstill traffic.

Two dudes shooting off a shotgun in the air because they know police are preoccupied with prep.

A hurricane that would rather hit Key West and Tampa than Miami.

Can't believe those assholes wouldn't set up a protected generator so people could watch the destruction of their business live in webcam.
I wish they would've honestly. Its pretty stressful with no communication from friends and no camera to see what's happening.

False. They are called Hurricanes in the western pacific and typhoons in the eastern pacific. They are called cyclones and spin the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere.
:fire::fire::fire:Sooooo owned you @MaxPowerrr

-Starting to get some heavy rain bands here. Still currently have power but expect that to change by early afternoon. This one is going to be nasty. The storm surge is what's going to be the real problem for our area here. My place should be fine but my parents house could be in big trouble.

-Bowden in motion in the wildcat would be much more effective. I would assume that's their plan all along but who tf knows. But it needs something else besides up the gut on a 3rd and 1. That shit isn't working now. We are really struggling up front without Mozier and Toth.

-I almost forgot Blake Bone was on the damn team. Good to see him step up we need him now. Big physical target to hit on some deep balls.

Sunday morning talk!!!

First question: did Stephen Johnson play good??? Hmmmm IDK.

I guess we'll have to see Gunner Hoak suck before we accept Stephen Johnson.

At least we know Drew Barker would be 3rd string at EKU now.

Shout out to UK Athletics & the Lexington PD. We had a Good Barn Parking Pass ( grassy area behind the orange lot). We pulled onto Alumni off of Tates Creek and instead of allowing us to go straight past the blue lot and then turning into the orange lot area they redircted us all the way into the student apartments way left of Alumni. We were stuck in traffic for an hour missed in the entire 1st quarter.

Shout out to UK Athletics & the Lexington PD. We had a Good Barn Parking Pass ( grassy area behind the orange lot). We pulled onto Alumni off of Tates Creek and instead of allowing us to go straight past the blue lot and then turning into the orange lot area they redircted us all the way into the student apartments way left of Alumni. We were stuck in traffic for an hour missed in the entire 1st quarter.
WHY ARE SEASON TICKET SALES DOWN THO

@SWFLwildcat06 our friends in the Keys amazingly still have service and everyone is saying they're okay still.

Lots of damage and trees down bt storm surge hasn't been bad at all yet.

US1 is loaded with debris though.

EMT/firefighter buddy said expect 1-2 weeks before the roads are cleared.

Last edited:
Reactions: krazykats
Glad your peeps down there are ok. Surge comes later on won't get bad til basically after the storm passes when it will rise again but it also depends on when hight tide is.

Power off, pissing with a flashlight now. Might as well drink some of this beer while it's cold.

Should have pulled the trigger on that YETI a while back.

Just posted a video from Marathon on FB/IG with a house floating away. Looks like it took the brunt of the surge so far. It's going to be ugly down there, obviously.

-missing the entire first quarter may have been a blessing.

-watched the 1st half on my phone(sling ap) at segundas soccer game(not calling it a match eurofags)...technology is cool.

-im generally an optimist about football...this season has me bemused. Oline needs work and playmakers need to emerge. As is always the case in life...manage expectations and enjoy the ride.

Marvin Lewis is employed in the NFL
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT