ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know a damn thing about OL play but seems to me you need perfect cohesion, I can't believe that constantly shuffling lineman and positions would help that.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Well at least hopefully we can put the "Drew Barker should get a chance" thoughts to rest, and get behind Johnson as the best choice.

It looks like the offense is slowly working things out. To my uneducated eye, the defense doesn't look like the same defense from last week, but at least they just got a stop.

My ever hopeful naive trust in Stoops is thinking maybe we really should let the cake bake and he is just using this game to work through some possibilities.

Bash away Wildcat Friends! :)

Stephen Johnson is my guy. He's limited, but he's the best we got.

Stoops and Gran have no more homerun hitters on O. O-line is patchwork at best. The offense is what will cost us those coveted wins this year. Typical UK. Zig when we need a zag. Yen when you need a yang.

This defense is good enough to kill some big drives, but the offense is going to put them in no-win situations in league play. Last year's offense with this defense would equal the results most fans were hyping for in July-Aug. Unfortunately, those dudes are gone/injured. Sucks.

Three guys out wide. They had one defender over there. Jesus Christ.
Yup. That's a complete indictment of our version of the wildcat. It will never work if there's no threat of any kind of pass whatsoever.

If Snell can throw a little, then great. Do it a few times to show them you will. If he can't, then scrap it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mossip
Missed the game but I take it we are still saving some plays?
1371606862953.jpeg

Reactions: august-west
At this rate I hope everyone is prepared for a thorough ass kicking next Saturday night because it's coming. O line is a joke .

You don't need to throw out of the Wildcat. We've ran the Wildcat every year since Stoops has been here and it's been really successful and we've never really thrown out of it.

The issue is blocking and the lack of motion. If we had someone in motion then that's the other "threat" that keeps teams from loading the box. Plus it creates the hesitation necessary to allow the blocks to develop. No idea why we scrapped that part of it

Last edited:
Montgomery Gentry's first album, Tattoos and Scars, is an all time great country record.
Thats obviously where the one bar I work at got its name.

-Didn't get to watch one second of the fball game. Sounds like I was the real winner in that.

-Too busy to watch any fball because we've had to board up and hurricane ready 5 houses. Boards, sandbags and everything. I guess, Richie would say, "the works." Incredibly shitty task to do once much less 5 times and let's not forget I had to do it to two houses in KW too.

-So yeah this hooker Irma has forced me from my home only to change direction and follow me to Tampa. We're looking at 5-8FT storm surge and 130mph winds tomorrow night which means bad news.

We packed up to leave today but then said touch it. I'm tired of packing and running. Plus, another Key Wester buddy of mine left our house in Tampa today and it took him 5 hours to go 130 miles.

Between the gal and I, we may lose 3 homes plus her family home she grew up in. I'm honestly expecting to own nothing but the clothes I brought with me and my guns once this is over. Buh-bye house, truck, scooter and everything else I left. :cry:

We did jump in and help an old man, a young lady and a fatherless family bag and load their sandbags as well as pay for some lady's gas from Indiana that was on vacation with two teenage girls. She was in such a fluster she couldn't figure how to work the gas pump and then had no cash or credit card to pay with. Take a deep breath Hoosier.

So we should have some good karma coming I hope.

-Friends in KW sending some pretty scary videos seeing that they're only the outer bands so far. Really scared that place is getting wiped away for the most part for a couple months.

Can we please get this GD storm over with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT