ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't put Barker behind an average o-line...hell, you couldn't even put him behind our o line last year. If SJ is "limited", then Barker is playing blind. The ability to escape the pocket is a huge reason why SJ has had success.

Reactions: ukalum01
You can't put Barker behind an average o-line...hell, you couldn't even put him behind our o line last year. If SJ is "limited", then Barker is playing blind. The ability to escape the pocket is a huge reason why SJ has had success.

I don't disagree with that. The flipside, however, is that he has shown no ability to consistently be able to pass in the interior.

With the way Gran transitioned our offense last year to be run-oriented with the occasional long ball and with Conrad as such a weapon, there is a case to be made that Johnson's inability with short and intermediate passes really puts a stranglehold on the offense.

Also, Barker coming in was known as a scrambler. That hasn't necessarily manifested but he isn't some big lumbering statue. There is a reason that Stoops (who values mobile quarterbacks and moving the ball conservatively) was ready to put Barker up as the face of the program before he earned anything and threw Towles under the bus.

Of course, we've never seen Stephen Johnson get sucker punched in an EKU dorm for being a dickhead or shooting airsoft guns off on campus at night like a dickhead either.

Weren't you giving Conrad props on his 2 catches earlier? Those were both inside seem routes and the longer of the two was a beautifully thrown pass that hit Conrad in stride.

This team is fine and Gran will get a better feel as the season progresses about where to take his shots. Trying to figure anything out after yesterday is a waste of time at this point.

Reactions: Mashburned
Johnson is streaky and standing over on the far sideline for 40% of the snaps watching Snell run into 8 defenders doesn't really get him in a groove.

Hopefully it was just us getting a lead and feeling we could protect it without opening the playbook. Maybe some rust as well, or getting some young guys reps, because MSU/USC/Vandy all got better.

Two things were completely lost in the preseason hype:

- how incredibly mediocre our quarterback is
- how much we will miss boom williams

I still expect this to be a 7-8 win team, but that's more a function of taking advantage of a so-so SEC schedule than it is proof of our emergence as a conference power. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth at all, as I'll be tickled to death with the outcome, I'm just not ready to buy into us as a dark horse candidate to win the conference. That's foolish talk and setting ourselves up for a huge disappointment, imo.

Were you cringing that they were playing tackle instead of flag football yesterday?

Lets just squeak out these first two games showing less than half our playbook and get ready to run through the weak ass east. Cya at mercendaz benz field or whatever it is

Reactions: Mashburned
For what little it matters, Barker ran for more than 1,400 yards and 18 touchdowns in his senior year of high school.

Last edited:
Probably no need to go on and on on GYERO, but puppies scent to Llama and his family. Can't even imagine what he's dealing with.

We're here for the distraction if you need us, bud.
Yeah in a way maybe everyone posting their favorite brussel sprout recipes and in game redass is our ministry.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Flipped that game on, saw it was 44-22 with 10 to go and turned it right back off.

Currently on a burner phone as my regular phone was left in a vehicle that is now out of state. Yippee. Insert sickface guy, can't believe he was taken away. :confused:

Rick and Morty is a funny little show.

Last edited:
Basically nobody would've noticed a teenager posting about his feelings if it hadn't been retweeted to 120k cat fans imo

Probably no need to go on and on on GYERO, but puppies scent to Llama and his family. Can't even imagine what he's dealing with.

We're here for the distraction if you need us, bud.

Arrived at my brother's house a few hours after his sudden passing and finally took a look at my phone.

First two condolence messages were from GYERO. We hadn't even posted anything about losing him. I have no idea how you guys even knew, but to see those messages meant the world to me. And so many others from GYERO friends the last 48 hours....I'm not overstating things to say that you all are like family, especially in times like this.

I'm crushed, gang. He was 39. No real medical issues. Died in his sleep. A wife, an eight-year-old daughter, and a five-month-old son. God didn't give me a son of my own, and now I know why. I get to help raise this little guy like he's mine.

Gonna be a long week. Sports means zilch to me right now, but reading back through the in-game redass did provide some comfort and much-needed laughs.

Love you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT