ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrived at my brother's house a few hours after his sudden passing and finally took a look at my phone.

First two condolence messages were from GYERO. We hadn't even posted anything about losing him. I have no idea how you guys even knew, but to see those messages meant the world to me. And so many others from GYERO friends the last 48 hours....I'm not overstating things to say that you all are like family, especially in times like this.

I'm crushed, gang. He was 39. No real medical issues. Died in his sleep. A wife, an eight-year-old daughter, and a five-month-old son. God didn't give me a son of my own, and now I know why. I get to help raise this little guy like he's mine.

Gonna be a long week. Sports means zilch to me right now, but reading back through the in-game redass did provide some comfort and much-needed laughs.

Love you all.

Hang in there, buddy.

Reactions: KingLlama
-sorry llama.

-21-4-1 in cfb pickem this week. 14-4-1 against the spread. I am a college football. How does bovada work?

-one year ago uk blew a 25 pt lead to usm at home. 1-0. Benny left 7 on the table and the "spot" led to 3 for usm. 31-14 is about right.Cautiously optimistic. Offense will open up as the year progresses and defense is actually playing defense. Perspective.

-chorizo and white bean stew and a baked tater bar(thanks willy) sunday night. Outstanding and easy.

-4 day work week. Yep.

-youngest girl likes watching cfb with dad...eldest girl is playing the bass guitar now. Im doing a pretty good job.

-broke out the Stratocaster yesterday. Playing music is good for the soul.

Last edited:
Anybody actually use this? Asking for a friend.

http://www.144tour.com/
I use the golf swing shirt
Padraig-Shirt-2-colors_1800x.jpg

This f'ing hurricane is going to be worse than the last one. I assume the GYERO Florida contingent is getting the hell out of dodge.

Harvey is pretty much the worse natural disaster in American history. Not saying Irma won't be bad, but Harvey took things to a different level. And it wasn't the wind/storm surge that people normally associate with hurricane damage...just a shitload of tropical rain. A year's worth of rain in less than a week, in a flat concrete jungle.

I really don't like the idea of big hurricanes hitting Florida. The awful destruction and flooding are bad enough, but I saw a show on Animal Planet that talked about the poisonous snakes that were roaming Florida after one of the big canes hit. Hugo maybe?

I mean we are all familiar with the pythons taking over the everglades, but I'm talking black mambas and cobras. They apparently did better in the Florida winters than experts predicted and may even be reproducing.

Why so many people in Florida raise them, I have no idea. But I hope they are all in hurricane proof containers this time.

My wife is buying water, batteries, and essential oils in preparation. Of course, we already decided if this does endanger Jacksonville, we're headed over to stay with family in Tampa. I don't see any cause for concern right now because no one, including any weather expert, can tell us the path but if you want a bottled water, I'm your guy.

I really don't like the idea of big hurricanes hitting Florida. The awful destruction and flooding are bad enough, but I saw a show on Animal Planet that talked about the poisonous snakes that were roaming Florida after one of the big canes hit. Hugo maybe?

I mean we are all familiar with the pythons taking over the everglades, but I'm talking black mambas and cobras. They apparently did better in the Florida winters than experts predicted and may even be reproducing.

Why so many people in Florida raise them, I have no idea. But I hope they are all in hurricane proof containers this time.

God damnit you potato bar pinhead.

There are no poisonous snakes. They are venomous.

Christ.

I wasnt trying to start an argument on the GOAT storm, just kind of repeating what my dude James Spann is saying. It's going to be bad. May not ultimately cause more financial damage or result in loss of life- but its apparently going to suck. Also, this one is leveling some of those islands we kind of forget about since they aren't part of the mainland US.

Last edited:
If this bad boy is a Cat 5-6, I at least hope it hits in the daytime. Nothing worse than missing the actual carnage because it happens at night. F nocturnal tornadoes and hurricanes.

I mean, I don't want any deaths and all that, but if it's going to happen, it's pretty crazy to watch.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT