ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the game but about 3 episodes in The Night Of and really digging it.

Season 3 of Narcos next week:eyes: loved the first two seasons curious to see where they go now that Escobar is done

Kind of in a cantankerous mood this morning...

- I'm free market guy as much as anyone but :rolleyes: to Bogans and Magloire. You've made damn near a combined $60 million in NBA salary alone... let's not suckle at the BJW teet for $20 a pop.

- Niece used my car yesterday then left the lights on overnight. Dead battery which happened to be blocking in my wife who couldn't get out to go to work. Not a good start.

- Big fan of the Euro Tour on in the background during the mornings.

- "The Guest Book" is a TBS show that isn't terrible. Rare, indeed.

None of the top teams have good OOC home schedules any more.

UK - Louisville, VaTech

Duke - None

UNC - Michigan

Kansas - Ariz St., Texas AM

Mich State - Notre Dame

Louisville - Seton Hall, Indiana

Indiana - Duke

UCLA - Cincinnati

Arizona - Alabama, UConn

I've never been a "show" person until we got NetFlix so yes, I'm late to the game. Literally can't think of one tv show I watch regularly.

Willy and I will be doing the UK-Vandy, Bengals-Titans DH.

Also will be doing the Suns-Twolves/Bengals-Vikings DH the week before Christmas in Minneapolis :rolleyes:

Any music nerds should check out the new War on Drugs album that came out today. Instant classic. Love the 80's synth's. Sounds like if Springsteen and LCD Soundsystem had an Americana Baby. And that's not a bad thing.

Here comes the Floyd money.

Some really interesting articles the past few days from Vegas -- such a weird line/action, makes me skeptical.

The Props seem to be the play, they're endless.

Now I can't stop thinking about if Friday Night Tykes did a season in jessamine county. Friday Night Tykes: Shitolasville

brax laying in the reclining couch with a giant Commonwealth souvenir cup circa 2004 full of sweet tea going over film with his boys. Hollerin' about missed tackles and how he's about to lose his job because he spends all day diagramming plays and customizing under armour accessories on eastbay.com.

Figured Richie would've been way out in front of a show like Friday Night Lights. There is a 30 for 30 coming out about that Dallas Carter team that was portrayed in the film. They were a mix of ineligible players, future NFL guys and some criminals.

Actually came out last night. Damn good watch. Jesse Armstead was the biggest name on the team. Not going to spoil anything, but a great show.

Saw a guy say that Floyd should bet big on MacGregor and throw the fight. I think he has way too much pride for that, but he also likes money.

Tim Keown had a great read on Mayweather.

It had just been suggested that Floyd's visits to Grand Rapids could be pinpointed through an uptick in county sales tax revenue when he calls me over. He looks around to make sure nobody is watching before holding out a slip of paper cupped in his right hand. It is a bank slip, and Floyd is watching me watch it as my eyes attempt to focus on the balance. I look at the numbers spread out across the thermal paper. I had heard that Floyd does his banking the old-fashioned way: going inside, talking to a real-life teller. He is also known to be a big proponent of maximum liquidity. Still, the amount of digits spread across the bottom-right corner doesn't seem possible.

I look up to see Floyd smiling. He begins to laugh. I say something unintelligible about too many numbers. I'm not sure what prompted this. Perhaps he mistook my look of fatigue for disapproval? Given his spending habits, is he concerned with pre-empting the inevitable talk that he will end up broke? Or is it simply one more example of the man's hubris? I look down one more time to make sure I got it right. And yes, it's right there, 11 numbers long.

There is more than $123 million in Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s bank account.

He nods, folds the slip and says, "One account, baby."

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Tim Keown had a great read on Mayweather.

It had just been suggested that Floyd's visits to Grand Rapids could be pinpointed through an uptick in county sales tax revenue when he calls me over. He looks around to make sure nobody is watching before holding out a slip of paper cupped in his right hand. It is a bank slip, and Floyd is watching me watch it as my eyes attempt to focus on the balance. I look at the numbers spread out across the thermal paper. I had heard that Floyd does his banking the old-fashioned way: going inside, talking to a real-life teller. He is also known to be a big proponent of maximum liquidity. Still, the amount of digits spread across the bottom-right corner doesn't seem possible.

I look up to see Floyd smiling. He begins to laugh. I say something unintelligible about too many numbers. I'm not sure what prompted this. Perhaps he mistook my look of fatigue for disapproval? Given his spending habits, is he concerned with pre-empting the inevitable talk that he will end up broke? Or is it simply one more example of the man's hubris? I look down one more time to make sure I got it right. And yes, it's right there, 11 numbers long.

There is more than $123 million in Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s bank account.

He nods, folds the slip and says, "One account, baby."

Bullshit, man.

I basically did the same thing right here on GYERO several years back, and got senselessly clowned.

F y'all.

#w2flopout

MacGregor has put himself in a position where he can't lose.

At worst, he got to wear a F*** You suit and take home millions. At best he beats one of the best ever at his own sport and gets free license to walk around with his balls in a wheelbarrow like Randy Marsh.

Pretty studly, imo.

Always wondered the Science behind co-workers, namely their kids, only getting sick on Monday or Friday. Pretty amazing & fortunate how that always works out.

Unless I had a fever nearing 3 digits, my ass was required to go to school...and if I missed, I wasn't allowed to participate in SHIT, for several days to a week, no matter how miraculous my "recovery" was. Parents weren't having it.

Are there any good parents in GYERO like this?

Always wondered the Science behind co-workers, namely their kids, only getting sick on Monday or Friday. Pretty amazing & fortunate how that always works out.

Unless I had a fever nearing 3 digits, my ass was required to go to school...and if I missed, I wasn't allowed to participate in SHIT, for several days to a week, no matter how miraculous my "recovery" was. Parents weren't having it.

Are there any good parents in GYERO like this?

Instead of wondering about this, why don't you thank the Lord for your good fortune in life and maybe give these tiredass parents a break, you judgmental F'ing prick.

Maybe some day you'll realize what a chore it is having children instead working 25 hours, drinking and golfing all week.

Unbelievable. smh

I try to be that parent. However, the school has a strict policy on illness. If they have a slight fever...go home. If they puke, they have to wait 24 hours to return. So if my kid throws up at 11:00 on a Tuesday....turd can't return until Wednesday at 11:00.

Outside of that, if either stay home, no electronics until the EOW or through the weekend if it's a Friday illness.

There was some good players: me, LeBron [James], [Carmelo Anthony], Enes Kanter, JR [Smith], Dahntay Jones,” Durant said. “There was two freshmen from Kentucky, I forget their names — Diallo and Richards? They were, phew, bouncy. Played hard, too. They were balling, man.”

Durant also doled out major praise for former Cat Devin Booker, who’s entering his third year with Phoenix. When asked what young players have impressed him recently, Durant immediately named the Suns sharpshooter.

“Devin Booker. I love Devin Booker, man. He loves the game and he’s like a dog. He’ll talk sh*t, rough you up. He’ll get into you. You better watch out for that boy because he is nice. He’s next, I’m telling you.”

Damnit- do people not realize how difficult it is for professional boxers with years of training, to get a clean shot on Mayweather? He'll take some glancing blows, maybe, but this is still a boxing match. He will wait him out, and there will be a time when McGregor goes in and misses- and Floyd jars him. Game over.

Last edited:
There was some good players: me, LeBron [James], [Carmelo Anthony], Enes Kanter, JR [Smith], Dahntay Jones,” Durant said. “There was two freshmen from Kentucky, I forget their names — Diallo and Richards? They were, phew, bouncy. Played hard, too. They were balling, man.”

Durant also doled out major praise for former Cat Devin Booker, who’s entering his third year with Phoenix. When asked what young players have impressed him recently, Durant immediately named the Suns sharpshooter.

“Devin Booker. I love Devin Booker, man. He loves the game and he’s like a dog. He’ll talk sh*t, rough you up. He’ll get into you. You better watch out for that boy because he is nice. He’s next, I’m telling you.”

On the other hand:

Kentucky was listed as one of Durant's early favorites, but has appeared to slip off the pace since the high school season ended.
"I'm not sure if it's any one thing, but they do seem to have slipped," Smith said. "Having Tubby in here (Thursday) may have helped. Kevin may have gotten the impression they weren't recruiting him hard enough or that he wasn't a priority. A lot of schools have come in and told him he's their main guy, their No. 1 priority.

73 Signal Activated

Except that McGregor isn't going to box Mayweather...he is going to fight him...drunk Irish Five Points style. So it will at least be entertaining.

-Boxing is fixed so the bet is McGregor.......they need to sell 3 fights not one. Mayweather might not like it but he is greedy AF and will swallow that pride for that payday x3.

-Had a sales call with a million dollar client today. I've bid for 2 years with the guy and legit respect his side of our business. He has bought 2 packages from me to keep me chomping at the bit and cleared out 3 hours of his day for us to talk. After multiple proposals of bid strategies on his projects dude offers me a job and tells me he planned on going this route, but wanted to see how determined I was.......

My Friday just took a weird ass turn and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

-I hear Breaking Bad is the shit! #binge

If this goes longer than 7 rounds, Mayweather is either toying with McGregor or it's fixed. Given the nature of fighting sports, I have money on fixed

Pacman also fought Mayweather with one arm. Dude had a torn rotator cuff and wouldn't back out of the fight.

According to MMA guy at the bar the other night, Connors mma style will confuse Mayweather, who is used to fighting professional boxers.

So basically, if arguably the greatest boxer of all time makes a mistake and Connor catches him, he wins.

Oh I'd bet heavily that McGregor gets destroyed but he still played this masterfully. As long as he doesn't get seriously hurt he wins.

I do think he has a small chance of a legit win but no more than 5% or so. Who knows how legit this will be, however. Probably complete farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT