ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone bashing on Bowling Green obviously has never spent much time there. Amazing city. Fastest growing in Kentucky.

How can anyone get mad at WKU for trying to get big time in athletics? They've always been a force in basketball, save for the last few years. Not sure why people are surprised that they are making a comeback.

Should let their football team play in the Gov Cup. Arguably the best in the state the last few years.

wku.rivals.com

I grew up going to BG in the summers for a couple months for about 6 years annnnnnnnd I'd rather have stayed in E'town. Given, I was a kid but even going back I don't know why anyone would choose to move there as opposed to other places.

Heck, I liked roughing it out on the farm in Allen County better than being in BG.

Anyone going to the Banshee this year?????

The last mid-tier program in Kentucky that was "trying to get big time in athletics" did just that... on the back of unethical practices in regards to university funds, by completely ignoring transgressions of philandering coaches and by basically holding a tax-payer funded arena hostage.

(And also, whores).

I mean, obviously WKU wants Louisville's success, but I certainly hope the people in charge aren't looking to them for advice.

Anyone bashing on Bowling Green obviously has never spent much time there. Amazing city. Fastest growing in Kentucky.

How can anyone get mad at WKU for trying to get big time in athletics? They've always been a force in basketball, save for the last few years. Not sure why people are surprised that they are making a comeback.

Should let their football team play in the Gov Cup. Arguably the best in the state the last few years.
unless you live there I would bet the farm that I've spent considerably more time there than you have.

You are right though it is growing very fast but that's population only not infrastructure. Too many people in too little of an area. In a few years driving anywhere in bg will make nicholasville road look like a country two lane.

The only good thing that's ever came out of bowling green is Nappy Roots and the acid from starry night music festival that I took back to the lake. And I don't even know that they have that music festival anymore

Reactions: WynnDuffy
unless you live there I would bet the farm that I've spent considerably more time there than you have.

You are right though it is growing very fast but that's population only not infrastructure. Too many people in too little of an area. In a few years driving anywhere in bg will make nicholasville road look like a country two lane.

The only good thing that's ever came out of bowling green is Nappy Roots and the acid from starry night music festival that I took back to the lake. And I don't even know that they have that music festival anymore

I do live there. Have for the last 5 years. It's exploded in the last several years as WKU grew. The downtown area is booming. Night life is fantastic. People who knock on it probably haven't visited in a long time. Such as the poster a few up, who said he went there a lot when he was a kid. The BG of years ago is not the same as it is today. Not even close.

The best part about bowling green is it's the first "landmark" on the way from Lexington to destin.
Bowling Green ->Nashville->spaceship rest area -> Birmingham ->Montgomery -> opp -> florala -> defuniak springs -> destin.

Anyone going to the Banshee this year?????

Ugh... this loser chick I dated in college was at the time a huge all things-Owensboro / Western KY honk, and she took me to Banshee with a group of her high school girlfriends. Bad idea. There were roaming groups of hill-jacks looking to fight anybody they outnumbered and didn't know. Terrible place. Fortunately, she has improved since I married her.

Eff Rick Stansbury and his stupid My Chemical Romance eyeliner.

You ever notice how he claps on the sideline? His hands uniformly come together. Always. Having tried that, I can confirm it really hurts bone on bone, not to mention extremely awkward and child-like.

stansburyrick-32516-getty-us-ftr_1docflnpwjinj19p7i28cslm7w.jpg

91326d6cddaf397096640011b7938445_crop_exact.jpg

781111117011_Texas_AM_v_Mississippi_State.jpg

What's that place with the dinosaurs, Cave city? That's where I usually stop to get gas on the way to Nashville.

348s.jpg

Wikipedia:

The Wigwam Motels, also known as the "Wigwam Villages", is a motel chain in the United States built during the 1930s and 1940s. The rooms are built in the form of tipis, mistakenly referred to as wigwams.[3] It originally had seven different locations: two locations in Kentucky and one each in Alabama, Florida, Arizona, Louisiana, and California.

#CarCulture

@drxman1 Nah. I only want to buy property off which I can make money. Any rental I were to buy in BG would inevitably end up being in a state of squalor with Natty Lite cans strewn about, empty Pall Mall packs everywhere and a few old, scratched Aaron Tippin CDs.

Fingers crossed I never go back to BG, except of course to get gas on the way to Nashville.

Reactions: ace on the river

Hey Cyrus, didn't Julian run your ass out the trailer park a long time ago? Hit the bricks, shit breath.

Zion Harmon reads GYERO.

(BGHS Point Guard - top player in the class of 2021 - just transferred to Adair County)
All that 5th region competition is bound to open some eyes about the kid [eyeroll]

At least he's just about 20 minutes up the road maybe I'll catch a few games against Cumberland county and metcalfe and see if he can drop a 50 piece.

Seriously though what the hell is he thinking. I can't imagine Breeze is such a good coach to leave one of th state powers to go to freaking Colombia

Bowling Green sends great student-athletes to Centre, and every time we feature them in social media things, the entire town RT's the crap out of them, which in turn helps out my department.

So I have no beef with Bowling Green, as it's a Centre town. But eff WKU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT